Jet Blue Airlinesterrible customer service

I purchased two tickets on Jet Blue and printed out boarding passes. My name on one boarding pass had an extra letter in it. (inserted by Jet Blue's system) Since I didn't think I would get through security with this error I called Jet Blue. After waiting on line 45 minutes someone answered. She said she would correct the error. When I tried to print out a corrected boarding pass on-line I was instructed to contact customer service. The JB representative told me to hold on the telephone while she connected me to a supervisor. After 15 or 20 minuts on hold I hung up. Later in the day I tried again I repeated this sequence and eventual did get a supervisor who said that since I had already printed out boarding passes I couldn't do it again. Then she said that her computer said that I was not checked in and that my existing boarding passes were not valid. She said that I should try to check in at the airport. I asked her to cancel the reservation and make it again so that I could print boarding passes. She refused and said that if she did that I would have to pay for another pair of tickets.

Comments

• Sv
      Feb 12, 2010
    Jet Blue Airlines - their customer service and sales practices are at best misleading
    jetblue.com

I booked a Getaway vacation to the Bahamas. Trying to add a meal plan JetBlue charged me $3037.99 for a $1251 meal plan. At the time of the booking the agent failed to inform us of a room rate change or a change in a rebate on the first booking. The agent made us believe the entire cost was the meal plan and only after we arrived at the property did we discover the Bate and Switch by JetBlue. I suggest running away from this company. Their customer service and sales practices are at best misleading.

Feb 28, 2010
    Jet Blue Airlines - dying near radisson in austin
    jetblue.com

There is no more help options for me & my dog. I have to write this quickly as The Radisson Hotel Austin North in Texas just kicked me & my service dog out into the street so I am using my laptop on battery power.I am a 49 year old woman who is seriously ill & trying to make a home in Guatemala. Our nightmare began on April 21st 2017 when we were schedule to fly from Portland, Maine to Houston, Texas. From there, after visiting friends, we were going on to San Jose, Costa Rica, then busing up to Guatemala where I own a small house. All flights were booked as 1 way flights. I booked online but called to confirn my itinery because I fly with my dog. I was assured more than once that everything with our plans were fine. We arrived at the airport early but where informed our flight was rescheduled. Well, that went on all day. In a nutshell, it took us 2 days to get from Maine to Texas & we slept a little in JFK airport. My dog had to go 24 hours without food. Right now we are out in front of the Radisson with nowhere to go. Jet Blue messed up our flight to Cosa Rica so it was completely canceled. After a lengthy battle I was told that my money would be put back into my bank account so we could at least survive & perhaps take a bus to Mexico. I am retired so I only receive a small monthly check. They even had talked me into renting a car as that money is gone as well. We are down to $30.00 until June 1st. I have not eaten 2 days now. We had to sleep outdoors last night as I was supposed to leave & the hotel is booked. They were nice enough to keep my things for 1 night but now I am going to lose everything as Jet Blue has not returned my money, not 1 dime & I could have booked a ride on the Greyhound bus for tomorrow morning to at least get to the Mexican border, but now I do not have enough money for even that. The Radisson will not keep my belongings for even 1 night if I cannot show that I can pick them up tomorrow. So here we sit, it's been thunderstorms on & off all afternoon & is supposed to rain into the evening. We will sleep on the ground, behind a building, in the pourin rain, all of our belongings gone, nowhere to go, no money for food or water, all because Jet Blue is greedy & the Radisson is the same. Oh, the security guard Gail, just came out to "give" me a sandwich... I can buy my own damn sandwich THANK YOU! I never asked for anything free, just some human kindness. I will try to post this on a couple of other site & email a copy to Jet Blue & the Radisson. I pray we die soon, rather han drag it out. I an completely exhausted as is my poor but WONDERFUL dog!

• Mo
      Mar 09, 2010
    Jet Blue Airlines - I will never fly with them again
    jetblue.com

We booked tickets to Florida and got an email notice our flight is cancelled and must take a later flight. We have an infant and wished to get home earlier. This is why we booked the return flight in the early afternoon.We now have to change our car rental reservation and prolong hotel stay and we wanted to know what the airline do for us. After exploring the only option of must accepting a later flight, we asked for compensation and the airline said read the fine lines that we can charge you $100 dollars for changes but we can change whenever we like. Got hang up, had to call back twice, wait for half an hour at 8am to get the answer to our second question. We asked since we have extra leg room seats on return flight but sitting opposite in ail seats could they move one seat so we can sit next to each other.The answer it costs $25 dollars to move our seats bc its extra leg room seat but we already have them and why are we being charged.Answer b/c computer does it and absolutely make sense to the rep that we are charged!! I will never fly with them again.

• Br
      May 26, 2010
    Jet Blue Airlines - something has gone terribly wrong at this company, and it should to be avoided
    jetblue.com

Wow. I used to love JetBlue. I have recommended it to hundreds of people, since I've been flying JetBlue since 2 weeks after it went into business. But after tonight's two hours on the phone on hold and then finally with a very nice but ineffectual representative, I will be reevaluating my family's travel choices, and closing our JetBlue American Express cards. I will also open a formal complaint with American Express.

I called today (2/5/10) to redeem my remaining Old TrueBlue Award for a date five (5) months from today. I was told that there were no award seats available on the day I required, and that the closest days that had available seats on them were 4 days earlier or 4 days later! This, despite the fact that the vast majority of seats on the flight have not been booked! It is obvious that JetBlue has drastically reduced the amount of seats it makes available for Old Awards, and thus the thousands of dollars I have spent, and that my wife (who has remaining Old Awards and Points) has spent, were spent in vain. The awards we were earning have now become useless. I feel so betrayed by JetBlue, and I am extremely disappointed that this company that I had so much respect for has shown that, despite my loyal and constant patronage for ten years, they have treated me and my family unfairly.

The only thing I could do was to book a return flight using the Old Award, but the issue remains as to how my wife and I will GET to Chicago for the charity fundraiser we are attending (and that we help to organize, recommending to dozens of others which airline to fly to get there -- we will certainly be reevaluating those recommendations). It will be impossible to reach the number of New Points required to earn a reward under the new system -- and it is unreasonable for us to have to, in effect, re-earn the awards that we already earned. It is patently unfair and disingenuous for JetBlue to have changed the number of seats available on each flight so drastically while we still have awards that were earned with the reasonable expectation that if we tried to redeem them (5 months in advance! -- and on a weekday!) there would be award seats available -- especially when the flight is currently mostly empty.

I requested to speak to a supervisor, and I was told that "everyone at this level is a supervisor", and that no one had the power to make award seats available on any flight. Surely this is not the case - the company is making the decision to severely limit award seats, despite the fact that their customers have been operating under the agreement that their loyal patronage and use of the JetBlue American Express card would result in a reasonable expectation of a return on that investment.

I will now advise everyone I know and do business with that something has gone terribly wrong at this company, and it is to be avoided.

By the way, I submitted this complaint, at the recommendation of the representative at JetBlue, and after I submitted it, I got the following email back from them:

Thank you for contacting JetBlue Airways regarding your TrueBlue account. JetBlue has just completed
    transitioning to a new reservation system and as a result, the TrueBlue help desk is currently receiving a high volume of email and can no longer accept them at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Po
      Sep 10, 2010

"just some human kindness." - you cannot expect this from jetblue. Had a similar bitter experience and I lost my hard earned money too...

• Po
      Sep 10, 2010

WILL NEVER EVER TRAVEL WITH JETBLUE AGAIN...

• Sk
      May 08, 2011
    Jet Blue Airlines - bad customer service
    Jet Blue Airlines

I purchased two tickets from Boston, MA to West Palm Beach two weeks ago for my 3 year old daughter and I and my boyfriend decided to go couple of hours after I purchased my ticket. I called jet blue to make we can sit together. While the representative was on the phone, I Purchased the ticket on a third parties website. The representative put us to sit together, today I received an email with different seats the the ones she told me. I called jet blue to complain and the first rep was rude and hung up on me after I asked to speak to her supervisor. I called a 2nd time and the rep told me that the flight was booked and there's nothing that she can do. I asked to speak to her boss, she put me on hold and never came back on the line. I called a 3rd time, this rep was somewhat helpful, but I never received what I was promise. I hope to never fly them again.

•   Aug 24, 2011

This is a strange mix up that should be easy to fix on Jet Blue's part, but with the way we purchase tickets online these days it's hard for them to do. As far as I can tell, you can purchase tickets without an account from sources other than Jet Blue, so I can't think of how they would be able to help you change one letter on the boarding pass depending on the circumstances. Whenever I had a issue with a boarding pass at the airport (my name was spelled wrong for whatever reason, issues like this have happened more than once) I was still able to get through or they were able to fix the boarding pass right there at the kiosk in the airport.

I hope that reassures you, good luck getting your ticket issue resolved. Maybe contact the airport you'll be flying out of next to help you fix the issue?

• Fr
      Sep 05, 2011

I am on the phone trying to book a reservation through the old true blue program and I've been holding while the male customer service person who I think is called Jeff is calling for the supervisor.

I've been holding on line for 26 minutes and counting. I still have not been able to book a flight using my old true blue program and I'm trying to book as far out as August. I'm still holding online and these past few days have been the most frustrating experience I have ever had with any one company. I've been with you guys for a long time. I'm a loyal customer.

I do not understand why none of your customer service representatives know how many total seats are available to old true blue program true blue pass holders. I am STILL holding on the line for your representative to come back.

And it is now almost half an hour. What is going ON? How come your customer service representative haven't come back on the phone to check or to update me on when the supervisor is coming?

If I hang up now, I will have to start all over again.

This is such POOR customer service.

• Dn
      Sep 13, 2011
    Jet Blue Airlines - I'm breaking up with you
    United Kingdom

inconvenience.

So, I'm not only screwed, but they don't even hear me saying that they've screwed me.

What a disappointment.