JC Penney Company / jcp.com order

United States Review updated:

On 2/18/19 I ordered a women's bralette #14-1373 - Order #[protected]. The item was advertised as "Buy one get one free" on JCP.com. When I received the shipment today, there was only one bra in the package. When will JCP be sending the "free" bar?
I am a Senior citizen and it is not possible for me to travel to a local JCP store, so I use the Internet exclusively from my home.
Thank you.

Sylva Trudgian
Sstrudgian @AOL.com

Sy
Feb 28, 2019

Comments

• Gi

Dear Sir or Madam:

I have what is for me a serious complaint about your mailing practices and lack of transparency. On March 22 I ordered online and then received on April 2 two packages intended for my daughter’s dearest friend who is getting married in LA in June. This past weekend said friend was here in NH for her wedding shower, where I showed her the picture from online of my gift: 2 sets of the “Gibson Elite Café Versailles 16-piece Double Bowl Dinnerware Set” which, with discounts, I purchased for $118.98, and which seemed like a good price at the time. I ran into some difficulty, however, when ordering, in that the company that makes the dinnerware does not send packages to the given zip code in LA: 90026. I went ahead and placed the order, hoping that it would arrive at my home in NH in time for the shower, which it did not, but assuming that if need be I could mail it to the recipient to LA at a reasonable cost. Wrong on both counts. Yesterday I called the nearest JC Penney store to ask if I might take the packages there to be mailed and was told that it was impossible, with no explanation. She told me nicely, but made no suggestions regarding how I might pursue this problem; thus my letter.

I then made stops at 3 delivery services to find out how much postage the packages would cost and received the following responses: US Mail, Priority $73.05 or Ground $65.21 per package; Fed Ex $51.79 per package; and UPS $54.93 per package – as much or nearly as much as the cost of the sets. I am considering simply returning the packages to JC Penney, but the recipient is very dear to me and I don’t wish to disappoint her.

What do I want: first, a compromise on the part of JC Penney regarding covering the cost of delivery to LA (90026), perhaps remitting me a given sum or providing me with JC Penney Rewards for a good portion of the postage. Further, the fact that JCPenney does not deliver to 90026 should also be made clear to anyone ordering, and explained by those taking the call, which means that they should know the reason. The operators taking orders should make it clear how much the postage would be to LA if customers need to send purchases there. Had I known, I would certainly not have placed the order, but would have ordered something else.

I look forward to a swift response to my complaint and request.

Sincerely,
    Patricia Franz

Please respond to my request asap:
    J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
    6501 Legacy Drive
    Plano, Texas75024

2048 NH Route 118
    Dorchester, NH 03266
    April 2, 2019

Dear Sir or Madam:

I look forward to a swift response to my complaint and request. (Write to my address above, Email at [protected]@hotmail.com, or call at 603-523-7136.)

Sincerely,
    Patricia Franz

See above.

Please respond to my request asap:
    J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
    6501 Legacy Drive
    Plano, Texas75024

2048 NH Route 118
    Dorchester, NH 03266
    April 2, 2019

Dear Sir or Madam:

I look forward to a swift response to my complaint and request.