Jamerica Subscription Agency, Inc.scam, never got magazines

J

Antonio Carr came to our door on June 20, 2008. He seemed like a nice man but I was skeptical buying from him. I should've listened to my instincts. He "sold" us 2 magazines, Diabetic Cooking for $39 and Maxim for 23. Needless to say we have not received any magazines. I called the phone number from the receipt and it now comes up as an invalid number. Do not buy from these people, they are crooks! We are now out of $62 that could've gone to food or gas. So much for having faith in a Christian based group. Apparently I'm not the only one as another person also got ripped off that reported them. How many more people also got ripped off?!?

Jim
Lake Mary, FL

• Mi
    Michael Jan 06, 2009

I have run into the same issue - completely ripped off of $98. Number invalid and no magazines. In retrospect, the story the individual gave that came to my home was complete BS and it is likely they were aware it was a scam with the story about getting more points if paid in cash. Steer clear and ask whomever comes toyour door selling to see a license and provide a working number to check. It is unfortunate that a bunch of ### make us question our fatih in people.

• La
    Larry Nov 24, 2008

Placed order with door to door sales person, paid with check, did not receive magazines. Order placed 6/20/2008. Tryed to contact JSA, but the number is not in service. Total rep off.