Jackson FurnitureCatnapper Furniture - a piece of junk

L

I bought a sofa and love seat from Jackson Furniture. Bad choice of fabric. It started balling up in the first few months. I thought maybe that was normal, but it got worse. I also have problems with the cording coming out of arms and pillows.

I am about 120 lbs and live by myself, not much company so my furniture does not get heavy use. I decided that I needed to start setting more on the love seat since it is not used much. I discovered that there was a tear in the fabric and also a frayed place on the side of the bottom cushion. It looks like it was never sewn in right at the factory. So when I sat on it a few times it just started coming loose. I did not expect to have to inspect all the seams when I got this. If you order one you had better inspect everything. Now that I have sat on the love seat a few times the cushion next to the main loveseat cushion is crooked. I cannot straighten it back up. This is on one side and the other side looks fine. It is like the frame is crocked. The cushions do not have enough stuffing to fluff back up like they say and when you put your feet on the reclining footrest you have got you foot against a board. It says fluff the cushions and there is nothing to fluff. Not right in my opinion.

I have had this 2 years this month. but have left several msgs for Jackson Furniture to return my call about problems I was having and no call. I contacted the place that I bought it from CSNTVSTANDS (changed to Wayfair now) and he Joseph agreed that this is unusual. He tried to call Catnapper and had to leave a msg and was to get back to me and it has been about a week with no call back. I called them again and after he made 3 calls to the factory they said nothing can be done. What happened to warranties and customer service????

The Jackson website describes these cushions in glowing terms providing lasting seat strength and comfort precision. Inspection insures that stitched seams are build right every single time. Edges smoothed with foam and fiber padding and careful attention is given to all edges to ensure long lasting showroom appearance. All the ways that they described these pieces are completely a lie. The cushions have a 3 year warranty, but they could give it any warranty they wanted to since you cannot talk to them. Stay away from this product and I would say all catnapper products, since their customer service is non existent. Piece of junk!!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices