J. Yesko RoofingFailed warranty

O

On/about 10/16/08, Yesko Roofing installed a 40 foot section of seemless gutter at the rear of my house. Yesko Roofing provided my wife with a handwritten receipt which reflected the work had a "5 yr.workmanship warranty". On/about 2/24/10, the 40 foot section of gutter fell off. I initially believed it was due to the ice/snow. However, I live in a plan with 12 other homes, all built at the same time by the same contractor and no other other home suffered any damage. The gutter that fell was the "new" one that was erected by Yesko 16 months before. James Yesko came to the house and inspected the damage. He said the damage was not from his workmanship but from the heavy ice. He refused to repair the gutter with his "5 yr. workmanship warranty". We called two other local contractors for esimates for our insurance claim. Both contractors opined that the gutters were installed inadequately, which caused the collapse. The gutter mounting brackets were to be installed at 24" - 30" intervals, depending on the manufacturers' recommendations, but Yesko had installed the brackets at 47", 48" and 51" sporatic intervals. This did not provide adequate support for a 40 foot seemless gutter. I did receive a check from my insurance for the damage, but I lost $500 due to the deductible. I believe the damage to my home was due to the poor workmanship and not the weather.