J K B Propertiesscam

L

I received two emails after replying to craig's list job postings. It is a scam to make you become a paying member to a "free" credit report company. They ask you to get a credit check because employees use the company credit card.

• Km
    kmsautter Oct 31, 2009

I too was requested to get a free credit report based on the fact that they needed it for their employment application process. DO NOT DO IT!! It is definitely a SCAM! The person who emailed me used a hotmail account. Do not fall into this trap!!

ChrisR74 Jan 27, 2010

Just got the same request for me to provide a credit report. Interesting thing is two people responded to me, from the same posting. One asked me to get the report and email it and the other asked me to just let them know when I had the report and for my safety not to email it. So watch out, they're getting smarter and trying to comfort you into thinking they are safe this way.
    Any job that wouldn't interview you extensively and then offer you employment is a sham. Even if credit rating is a condition, they would have the means to pull the report for you and they wouldn't do so until they decided they wanted you for the job.
    Craigslist sucks these days...

andreabutt Jan 28, 2010

now in missouri. same thing. I reported them to the attorney general and FTC for attempted identity theft.