Ivory WhiteFree trial, not free!

T

I signed up for a trial offer of the Ivory White Teeth Whitening System. I was to be charged for shipping for the trial product only. I received the trial offer but also another package. I tried the trial and it burned my gums. I called the company and they explained it was the first of a monthly order and I needed to return the other package. They gave me a number to write on the outside of the package. I also made sure that this was canceled and stressed that no more charges were to be made to my checking account. I returned it the very next day in the original package with the number written in big print. However, my bank statement showed a charge of $78.41. I called and they told me that the package had arrived damaged. This constitutes mail fraud because they should have sent the damaged product back to me or in some way contacted me. I never signed up to have the product shipped to me to begin with. I only ordered the trial sample. Their customer service is very rude. I now have initiated a complaint with the Postal Service, my bank, Colorado's attorney general and anyone else I can think of. I am sending this onto Bill O'Reilly of Fox News. The state of Colorado should be very embarrassed that they have a company like this doing business in their state. It is a fraudulent company and is tricking people in order to scam them out of their bank account information. People beware!!!

• Cy
    Cynthia Miller Feb 23, 2008

I ordered the trial kit for the ivory white teeth whitener. I never received the trial kit and then I was charged $78.41 for the full subscription. I never received anything. The company mailed it to the wrong address and now they are refusing to send me a refund. I have filed a complaint with the FTC. They should be shut down for consumber fraud.

• Ba
    Barbara Miller Feb 25, 2008

I was offered a free sample of Ivorywhite and just got my credit bill for 78.41. Called and was told I had 10 days to cancel. Went on line and read policy and no where does it say that. Ask if I could send it back and was told that I would be wasting my time and money because they would not give me my money back.

• Al
    Alys S. Qualls Feb 26, 2008

I only ordered a $1.00 trial and was sent 2 boxes and charged 87.41 dollars. I called customer service and they are going to let me send it back but they will still charge me 30.00. Someone needs to put a stop to this outrageous process.

Sheila O'Quirke Feb 26, 2008

I accepted the ivory white trial package and it was indicated that I wouldonly pay for the shipping. I saw today that I was charged $74.81. I called them and was refused a repayment to my bank account. I'm filing a complaint with my bank. WHAT A RIP OFF! I also was told about the second package but did not see anything about receiving a second package in the initial ad because it's not there.

Katria Weyl Mar 06, 2008

I completely agree. I ordered the trial, received the trial and the complete program, which I did not order. Sent it back and was still charged the $79.00. They are a rip off company and make their monies by shipping items that are not ordered and charging innocent people.

I am in the process of challenging the charge, reporting to the BBB, as well as filing a complaint with their corporate owner.

Buyer beware!!!

Karen Brasher Mar 19, 2008

I have not received this product nor do I want this product so please cancel and delete my information from your system. I will be deputing these charges with my bank and I think that this is a very poor way to do business. Your customer service people namely Nicki and Jerry if this is there real names were very rude to me and did not treat me with respect at all. If a customer calls and says they never order nor received this product then you respect the fact that the customer is always right even if they are not quote and cut your loses and move on. Thank you for you time and have a great blessed day!!! /URL removed/ This s link to your fraudulent company and I will be filing a complaint. I want a refund check send to me as soon as possible.

• Ph
    Philip Mar 31, 2008

God you people are whiney, cant you take responsability for your own stupidity?

• Ph
    Philip Mar 31, 2008

Packages are sent to the addresses provided online during sign up. If you provide the wrong address it is not the companys fault if you dont receive your package.

maryjane burris Apr 16, 2008

I dont want the complete program, how do I sent it back and get my money back?

• Je
    Jessica Apr 22, 2008

I returned produce intact and unblemished. I cancelled and no further product was to be shipped and no further charges were to be incurred.

I was issued a refund for the returned product but I found a second charge from the company that was not authorized. They refused to refund the second charge stating it was "unrefundable".

I am out the product and out the money.

sheila levy May 02, 2008

i order the free trial only have to pay for shipping . and they charge my credit card 78.00 dollars i called and complain no help for nobody dont know what to do, contacted the bbb.. need help if anyone has any suggestions

• Mr
    Mr. W May 08, 2008

This is what we did to have our money returned. First, call the company to complain, which was unsuccessful, of course (you'll need to have done this for later). Next, return the merchandise, but make sure to have someone at the company sign for it. Either send it registered or certified, I forget which one exactly--it's the one that doesn't require a specific person to sign for it, just someone.

File a fraudelent charge with your bank. It will be unsuccessful. After that, file a claim with your states' attorney general's office. Also, file a claim with the Boulder, CO Better Business Bureau. This is to let the company know you will not give up. I would say file a complaint with the CO attorney general, but it is processed by the BBB (http://www.ago.state.co.us/consprot/BBBContact.cfm)
    After receiving both complaints from 2 states, the company was quick to refund our money to our account.

• St
    Stewart Hohenshelt Jun 12, 2008

I signed on for the trial offer and canceled any other deliveries of this crap on the advice of a friend who had gone through something similiar. I got an email saying to send back the other packages for a complete refund of the unused product. I haven't received any other packages yet. But im sure I will just like I'm sure I will have a $78 charge on my card. I called the card company and report suspician of fraud. I haven't got my statement yet, but when I do, I will be pissed off. Can anyone out there offer any other advice on how I should handle this? send it to me in an email.

• Pk
    PKT Aug 05, 2008

This company is absolutely the worst to deal with. I signed up for the trial offer only. They sent out the trial and the full membership offer. I had to send the full offer back. It took me time and money to send the stuff back. Now the company won't give me credit back because they say it was late by 2 days!! 10 days turnaround!!! ITS a scam because you order the package, it gets sent, and you mail it back all has to occur within 10 days.

nonsense

sheyrl james Oct 16, 2008

i could not leave their website for the sweepstakes unless i ordered an item. i took the only free item that they had listed although i do no need the product, they sent me the product and charged it to my credit card, which i have never put on the computer to purchase any item. i do not know how they obtained my credit card number but i will call my cc company to have this charge questioned. this company and pch is in my opinion are SCAMS!!!

• Di
    Dion Flowers Golliday Oct 29, 2008

Was suppose to send me a sample and deducted $78 out of my account and when I asked for my money back they tried to give me a gas card.

• Su
    suzy Nov 10, 2008

The same as all the others. I agreed to a free trial and ended up being billed for shipments I did not agree to. I was told I could not get a refund and was not allowed to speak to a supervisor. This company is a fraud, BEWARE!!!

• Ri
    Richard Mayer Nov 14, 2008

Got caught by this rip-off. Didn't open package. Will send back with postal receipt and fight charges.

• St
    Stephanie Jan 14, 2009

Ivory white took $78.51 out of my account and i had told them that I did not want their services. I would like my money back and for them to stop stealing my money.

• Al
    alex navarro Apr 11, 2009

Ivory White -- Colorado (STOP! ITS A SCAM)

As the old saying goes, nothing is free in life. This company is taking full advantage of a loop hole in the system. I too was lured by the idea I can get brighter teeth in days, and all it would cost me is shipping and handling of $4.87.

THE HOOK, and where I got suckered like most other victims is on the terms and conditions fine print page. Unless you are reading their disclamer thouroughly, you will miss the fine print stating this is a re-occuring charge/fee of $78.41 every time they send a weeks supply of the product.

I called Ivory White to dispute the $78.41 charge, but ofcourse they hid behind their disclamer and only agreed to cxl all future orders.

I then called my credit card company to inquire if there is anything I can do and unfortunately because I agreed to the terms and conditions, there is not much I can do to win this argument.

Its a lesson learned and hope my comments along with the other hundreds of people who are taking time to write down their experience will shut these sorts of businesses down.

Beware, dont get suckered like I have.

josh May 12, 2009

they took me for 78.41, which i did spend the 1.00 for shipping but did not agree to sign up for the complete kit

i am working with my bank to set it straight

• Ij
    ijwillie May 20, 2009

Apparently the free trial lasts 8 days and after those 8 trial days, you are charged $78.41 for the complete package. I was charged $78.41 before the trial date expired. I called them on the eighth day and said that I did not want the complete package and that they had already charged my account. The representative put me on hold and when she came back on, she explained that a refund was not normally given but in this case i was issued a $45 refund and i got to keep the product. On the same note, why would someone buy this product and expect it every month if the product whitens teeth '5 shades whiter in 5 hours' ? Wouldn't you need only the trial for the results they advertise ? my suggestion is to skip the hassle and go to the dentist and pay the $150 to get your teeth whitened. They use the same chemicals and the dentists give you novicaine.

• Ca
    CAROL May 23, 2009

THESE PEOPLE ARE TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCT WITH OUT MY PROMISSION. IS THERE A AWAY OUT OF THIS. PLEASE HELP. MY BANK SAID THEY CAN HELP BUT ITS GOING TO TAKE DAYS, MAYBE WEEKS. IVORY WHITE WILL BE SHUT DOWN DOWN SONE BUT TILLL THEN PLEASE DONT FALL FOR THERE SCAM...

• Kr
    krispix318 May 23, 2009

I went to www.ivorybrites.com and looked up the terms and conditions. It's spelled out RIGHT THERE:
    "Trial Terms :

The trial offer is designed to display the quality and effectiveness of the IvoryBrites product. This gives you the opportunity to try this remarkable program for FREE (just pay shipping and handling) so you can come to a decision for yourself if this is the right product for you.

Upon ordering, you agree to pay the shipping and handling fees for the free trial shipment. If you enjoy the product do nothing and 15 days from your free trial purchase date and every 30 days thereafter you will be sent another fresh 30 day supply of IvoryBrites and the form of payment that you used to order the trial will be billed the Member's Only price of $79.99 plus $8.99 shipping and handling for a total of $88.97 for the monthly value-shipment package.

15 DAY TRIAL PERIOD INCLUDES SHIPPING AND TRANSIT TIME "

Yeah, they'll probably take 10 days to ship everything but that's what you should expect.

If people would just do their research, this probably wouldn't happen. I've looked up sites like ivorybrites.com and freecreditreport.com and, lo and behold, the terms are CLEARLY spelled out. I highly doubt any site could operate and not list terms and conditions.

Seriously, do your research. If you're not going to, you have no room to ### about having $80 taken out of your account. Open your eyes, for crying out loud.

chico1 Jun 25, 2009

i wanted refund on product i did not want and the refused to refund my order. all i wanted was the free trial offer and they charged me $78.41 for some product i did not want

• Mo
    morrisdn Jul 08, 2009

In an effort to allow my kids to complete a survey from Wal Mart for a prize, there were directed to a site that implied they had to accpet one of the many free offers to qualify, one of them being an Ivory White offer to get a sample for $1. I reluctantly submitted the payment and then tried to follow the instructions to cancel the recurring fee and found out that in order to cancel the order, I had to pay to have the product shipped back within 10 days. Unfortunately, we were out of town and weren't able to do this so got charged an outrageous amount of money as a result.

• Qu
    queentinacat Jul 22, 2009

That's exactly why I am here today feeling used and taken advantage of...They said I won a $1, 000.00 gift card in exchange for that I had to sign up for 2 offers, I did just that...next page I have to sign up for 9! more! I am so #@%$#$ off right now I can't see straight...I had gone to the Wal-Mart site to lodge a complaint about the horrible service and treatment of my mother and they do this to me! I am being charged rediculous amounts of money from these TRIAL offers! I called Age Invisible that day to CANCEL, told them not to charge me one thin dime more and today I went to check my bank statement and guess what? You got it! I feel for you and AM COMPLETELY on the same page as you...sorry you too were a victim to FAT WALLY!

• Le
    ledhed Jul 28, 2009

I did a survey --I was charged By Ivory white for a free TRAIL offer --I sent them an e-mail saying you are a " scam " --i did not ask to be charged for a " fee trial " that cost my credit card . They ask I CALL them --and the phone number provided was not working .
    They sent the crap --I refused it --they charged my account .
    its currently in dispute with PNC bank .

• Sl
    Slagathorn Jul 28, 2009

If you're doing anything online, whether something you think you're doing for free and end up having to give your credit card number out, chances are they're going to charge you for something. Never ever give your credit card number out online for anything... unless you're purchasing something online that you're fully aware of.

• Co
    cordoba02 Aug 24, 2009

I just looked at my checking account online and realized what I thought was supposed to be $1 turned out to be $84.36. I AM VERY, VERY UPSET BY THIS, B/C I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS AT ALL. I NEED HELP!!!
    -Stephanie

• Kn
    KNS Aug 27, 2009

I never ordered any products from this company or any close to it I got charged $84.32 I am reporting this company for fraud and stealing my credit card information!!!

• Hu
    hunter6404 Sep 10, 2009

The terms are buried in an agreement so that it looks like one is only purchasing a sample but in reality are purchasing more than $100 of product. Also, the company claims they sent emails confirming the order, but I have no record of receiving them in regular email or spam. This company may not be doing anything illegal but it is deceptive and should be put out of business.

• Di
    DianaC Oct 02, 2009

To all who have a complaint, I encourage you to contact the Better Business Bureau of Colorado. It is fast & easy, and might bring you a resolution!
    www.bbb.org

• Ll
    lleeann Nov 24, 2009

I WENT TO A WEBSITE TO TRY FREE SAMPLES AND WENT TO THIS ONE. ALL I ENTERED WAS MY NAME AND ADDRESS, AND A FEW DAYS LATER MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED 78.41, THIS WAS NOT AUTHORIZED!!! I NEVER EVEN PUT MY BANK CARD NUMBER IN!!! HOW CAN THEY DO THIS!!! I AM REPORTING THEM TO THE BBB!!! IF YOU HAVE FALLEN FOR THIS SCAM, CANCLE YOUR CARD THAT IS GETTING CHARGED ASAP

Karen07311957 Dec 07, 2009

My daughter was on a site that offered the free trial of Ivory White. I looked over the site to see if there were any loop holes. All it talked about was $.99 for s/h fees. There was nothing said about having 8 days to try the product. When I saw that they had charged me $78.00 on my account I called and explained to them that I did not authorize this transaction. I was told that because it was over the 8 days (which was 8 days and 8 hours) that I could not get a refund and that I was paying for my first entire month and along with that, that they had future shipments for me. I asked to speak to someone higher up in the company and they told me that they were not allowed to transfer me to anyone of authority. What is up with that? I have never heard of not being able to talk to a manager or supervisor. When I kept asking to speak to someone in charge the woman hung up on me. I don't have this kind of money to just throw away on nothing and it's only a few weeks before Christmas! Do not order from these people.

I was told by my bank that I can dispute the charge, however in doing so I will have to cancele my debit card and wait for a new one. That still doesn't guarantee that I will get a refund. I'm just completely devestated. This company basically stole my kids Christmas gifts!

• Ju
    judy vargas Dec 07, 2009

i did the same on special promotions and a 1.00 fee and just realized ive been taken advantage of i want my money. there was a billing sent uot to say hay you will owe a bill each month i dont so.this is a hidden scam i want my money an will seek further action. i will show proof after i get a respond very disturbed right now i would like a response before i take ffurther action on this matter very angry.

John Tubbs Dec 28, 2009

I order what was suppose to be a free sample of Ivory white with a shipping charge of $1, however My bill was $71.64. This was a scam and I want my money back. They refuse to reimburse me. What can be done?

JoanL. Sampson Jan 05, 2010

These compaints are valid. My experience was similar. They offered me a $1000.00 gift card from
    Walmart or Target if I"d try their product FREE of charge -- only shipping costs. Needless to say the
    product arrived late and by the time I found it useless and harmful I was told "too late" - trial period
    has expired. "No, we don't want it back. Keep it" My cost for the FREE TRIAL? $78.41!

• Sc
    ScamRelief Jan 09, 2010

I got scammed by Ivory White so I wrote this web page to help people.

• Ga
    gaither2306 Jan 20, 2010

Their website has an easy cancel button...but I had to pay 19.41 to keep the stuff and not send it back. Which I was okay with because I wanted to try it, but then my mouth got burnt! I hope that my account is actually cancelled. I cannot afford $78 a month.