Ivory WhiteFree trial, not free!

T

I signed up for a trial offer of the Ivory White Teeth Whitening System. I was to be charged for shipping for the trial product only. I received the trial offer but also another package. I tried the trial and it burned my gums. I called the company and they explained it was the first of a monthly order and I needed to return the other package. They gave me a number to write on the outside of the package. I also made sure that this was canceled and stressed that no more charges were to be made to my checking account. I returned it the very next day in the original package with the number written in big print. However, my bank statement showed a charge of $78.41. I called and they told me that the package had arrived damaged. This constitutes mail fraud because they should have sent the damaged product back to me or in some way contacted me. I never signed up to have the product shipped to me to begin with. I only ordered the trial sample. Their customer service is very rude. I now have initiated a complaint with the Postal Service, my bank, Colorado's attorney general and anyone else I can think of. I am sending this onto Bill O'Reilly of Fox News. The state of Colorado should be very embarrassed that they have a company like this doing business in their state. It is a fraudulent company and is tricking people in order to scam them out of their bank account information. People beware!!!

• De
    DEE1983 Jan 23, 2013

Do not get the free trial from this company EVER. I received the free trial, tried it and it messed up y gums so bad and left white spots all over my teeth.
    I boxed up the rest of the product in the same box it came in and took it to the post office. I have my receipt from the post office so paid another $8.13 to ship it back.
    Than last week I go to balance my checking account and see a withdrawal for $84.36 taken out from Ivory White Marketing.
    I called to tell them I returned the product and was told they would return $45 to me, I said no, I called and cancelled any products being shipped to me over a month ago, I want a full refund, after arguing the rude customer service rep tells me, they will refund the full amount.
    Well today a week later they still have not refunded me 1 penny. Again they said they would refund $45.00, I said no, you think you can just rip people off like this, I don't think so. I agreed to the $45 for now, but I am for sure going to fight to get the rest of my refund back, I will be reporting this to the news and whoever I have to. These companies think people are just going to fold, well not me.
    I also asked for a supervisor well of course there is not one available and I asked to have one call me back. Well hell will freeze over before that happens.
    STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT TO LOSE MONEY, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED, THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND THIEF'S.

• 00
    001K Oct 24, 2012

What a scam... so angry.. I have been charges $162.84 on my credit card which I did not authorize. Does anyone in Canada/USA know what steps to take to get our money back?

• Cr
    creditavenger Sep 22, 2012

Signed up for a trial which I was told I had 10 days to cancel. I cancelled 2 days after the trial began to ensure I wouldn't forget. 6 days later I received a package in the mail: the trial sample and a complete home kit, the latter being something I never ordered and thereby have no responsibility to pay for. 2 weeks later I was charged $78.41 for the complete home kit (in addition to having already been charged for the trial). I called Ivory White and told them to cancel my trial. When that was complete I let them know that this was the second time that I'd cancelled my trial and they told me they had no record of it being cancelled the first time. I explained to them the entire situation, and that I was instructing my bank to deny their charge as fraudulent. They told me they had made note of all of this on the account, and assured me that my trial had now been cancelled. I asked that they email me 1) a cancellation confirmation and 2) a copy of the notes they'd made on my account. I was told I couldn't get a copy of the notes on the account, but they would happily send me a cancellation confirmation. They never sent a cancellation confirmation. I then called my credit card company and told them the story and they immediately credited the $78.41 back to my account and 'reclaimed' the same amount from Ivory White.

I'm considering keeping the complete home kit because, in my world, if you send someone a product that they never agreed to purchase, then you've just given it away. There is no contract for payment. I'll probably end up putting both the trial and the complete home kit back in the box, having a certified public notary signing that they are both in there, and including a copy of that notarized document in the package, along with a letter that details out the steps I've taken to ensure they do not receive payment. I'll then send the package with a return receipt to confirm that they've gotten it.

This company is total crap that engages in fraudulent, shady business practices.

• Ba
    babsy1 Oct 21, 2011

I ordered ivory white and they charged me 78.oo before it even arrived- I called and spoke to someone and they were not helpful and refused to put me through to a higher up- I am only getting 60.00 back- To make matters worse I sent it back to them and it got re sent to me- I thinki someone should do something about this company and put them out of business- babs

• Pa
    Patricia Leath Jun 08, 2011

Theses people should be closed down and placed in jail. I wrote to the Colorado Attorney General Office, they said that they would "look into it" and all they did was turn the matter over to Consumers Report! Not very helpful. We should all hire a lawyer and sue for damages!

• Je
    jessica deese Jun 08, 2011

This company is nothing but a scam and someone needs to shut them down! They robbed me for $80 on a membership that I'm not getting anything out of!

• Gl
    Gloria McKinney Jun 02, 2011

Ivory white needs to send back my money That's some F---- up S----!!!

• Gl
    Gloria McKinney Jun 02, 2011

Representative on online put sample price at ONE TIME ONLY $1.03 May 25, 2010 on June 1, 2010 they withdrew from my account $78.41. I've been given reson as to why or why they still have my account number period, make me scared to ever answer to any thing on the computer ever again, now I have to change my card thinking they can take my bill money without me knowing at any time...

jojo6410 Mar 15, 2011

i also just got charged same as everyone else 78.41 who they hell would pay that if they knew for this little as stupid box. i would let my teeth turn yellow and fall out before i would willingly pay almost 80.00 for a FREE TRAIL. they told me that i would not and could not get a refund. when i ask to speak with a superviosor the lady told me that she would TRY to find on then put some lady on the phone i asked her name she told me Terry with a ID # of 211. when i called back to try to speak with her again and gave the name and id # she was never heard of . is there any thing that i can do cause i mad as to fat chicks fighting over the last slice of pizza. dont worry im fat to so it wasnt to hurt anyones feelings. just mad, broke and now hungry.

• Ai
    aimeeXlouise Mar 14, 2011

I too was told this was a free offer and was charged 84 dollars! They continued to charge me a second month and I returned it. By returning this item you must have a return number issued to you and write it on the front of the return. I in fact know that I wrote the number on the front (duh, I want my money back) I called a few weeks later and was told I would not get my refund because this return number was not written on the front of the return. What a scam!!!

• Ne
    NEECIEP Mar 14, 2011

This company told me about the trial period and I had to pay for the shipping and handeling. I NEVER received the trial...I was at work and the post office came by.I read the notice but because I didn't recognize the name I didn't go pick up the package. Two weeks later I was charged $88.00. When 8i called adn explained to them what happened, thee continued to tell me I could not get a refund. I even offered to send the unopenned package badck to them and they STILL refused to refund me my money. I have never heard of ANY business like this. I think they are a rip off I would not recommend this company to any one. The customer service is awful and thie company just puts a horrible taste in my mouth. THIS IS A WARNING TO ANY AND EVERYONE THAT DOES ANYTHING WITH THIS COMPNAY...THEY ARE BAD NEWS!!!

• Fa
    Fayekirk Mar 07, 2011

I was one of the victims ... $ 156.81 was deducted from my bank account 5 days after I received the product along with another different product. I later learned that the 2 products that i singed up for were run by the same company as I called them... what a rip off... i was really pissed about this...

Faye

• Pa
    Patricia Leath Feb 28, 2011

This group of scam artists must be arrested for their deceptive, fraudulent and phony business practices. I did not order this "free" trial Teeth Whitening Home kit and I definitely did not ask for or sign up for a "complete" program. I ordered Ivory White Candles from a company that I have dealt with for years and this insert pops up as I pay with my credit card. The next thing I noticed is $78.41 deducted from my bank account. We must jointly contact every possible organization to stop these thugs. Contact me if you want to go after them. They were so rude to me on the phone that I want justice! Pat [email protected]

• Su
    summer6 Feb 25, 2011

I just got off the phone with the sales supervisor from Ivory White...Man o Man, am i MAD!!! i did the same thing the others on this site did--answered a survey and took the "free" trial...i haven't even had my shipment in 2 days, and they already charged my account about $80.00!!! Now I cannot get in touch with them. What can i do???--I want my money back and I want this place shut down!!--STS..

• Iv
    Ivory White Scam Feb 18, 2011

Hello All, Just recently got scammed as well. When I called Ivory White after getting charged for something I did not buy, they told me to write a letter to Brian Lint. I was told he will read my letter. Like I care what he will read! I was assured I could never be refunded, but at least he'll read my letter. The mailing address is bogus and Ivory White does a very good job of trying to stay out of any legitimate contact, (all you can call is the 1-800 number.)

Until now,

Ivory White is owned by a company called Convertis LLC. Brian Lint is in consumer affairs and Susan Laurent is head of Marketing. These are legitimate higher-ups who never hear from those of us who have been scammed. You want to make a dent in this fraudulent monster, Call them. These are people who can (and should) refund you and me! Numbers are below...Not trying to be evil myself. But consider this - Convertis LLC reports to do $750k - $2M in sales each year! How??? By scamming us and never repaying. TWO MILLION DOLLARS! That's your money! See for yourself. http://www.powerprofiles.com/profile/000024495541/CONVERTIS, +LLC-BOULDER-CO
    Don't bother calling the number, it just takes you to another one of their teeth-whitening companies called Bella Brite. Instead contact Sue or Brian with the numbers listed below.

Susan Laurent
    Director of Marketing
    Phone: 303.997.1366

Brian Lint
    Consumer Affairs
    Customer Service - Fulfillment Manager
    Phone: 303.997.1366
    [email protected]

Good Luck! They stole your money. Get it back!

sandra haynes Nov 04, 2010

people like this make it hard for the good people. I also got charged 78.41 and called and they said the same thing to me. this sh$$t has to stop. they need to pay everbody back. sandra haynes

• Ca
    Candra McQueen Oct 30, 2010

I too am a victim of ivory white i sent off for a trial to see if i would like the product once i recieved the product which was pretty prompt. i put it up in anticipation of use. needless to say 3 days later a charge of $78.41 was made to my bank account. they said because i had not called to cancel the service for which i never knowingly signed up for That i would have to deal with it. I tried to complain with my bank and they said all i could do was dispute the charge. All this is major bull, if i dont want something i paid for and return it whenever i get this next shipment that is, in its original condition I should get my money back. i just don't see that happening and this was a major fraud on their part. So i will explore of my options in getting this resolved and make sure on any platform that i can that nobody else gives them thier business. What really makes me mad is that if i would have enjoyed the product I would have been happy to become a regular customer. Bad business...

• Si
    sizzlyn Oct 09, 2010

they got me but i'm goning to fight fire with fire!!!

i too ordered the "trial kit" and had the same experience. so i called the company got the same responses. i said "ok" i called back later informed my customer rep that i was online and filing a civil suit against them and the company. i also called my credit card company to to have a "letter of dispute" form started.

i will keep you posted

sarah umland Aug 12, 2010

hopefully people come forth and stop ivory from taken and ripping people off. i hope the goverment gets ahold of ivory and charges them for what they have done to people. i happen to be one that they have done this to.i have talk to ivory and they refuse to put what money they took back on my card and after tellig them they did not have permission to yse my card they still done it any ways . we need to get ivory stopped. Sarah

• Ha
    haines70 Aug 11, 2010

This is the biggest scam ever I actually never ordered the product at all yet I get a charge on my acct in the amnt of $78.41 I call the company let them know I never ordered nor received the product yet i was charged, the woman Brook i spoke to was rude and not helpful she offered half a refund I said absolutely not i'm not paying for something I never received nor ordered, i let her know I would contact the bank for fraud and she basically used black mail to say if I do that I would receive nothing from them, I have contacted my bank fraud dept as well as the attorney generals office in CO im trying to find out though it askd for a e-mail address as well as web address the problem seems to be the e-mail address I put in isnt being accepted on the form so if anyone can help me out with the e-mail address I would greatly appreciate it so these crooks can be stopped~

• Lv
    lvmurmaid Aug 05, 2010

Did you save the mailing container it came in to prove to them when they shipped? They try to pull this [censor] all the time and say they have no control over the US mail. Best thing to do is have it next day delivered and have to sign for the item you purchase by Fed Ex or some other shipper. That way they can't weasel out so slick. Keep trying or write them a letter "certified". To some people it may not seem like lots of money but to a person like me it's the principal AND money! Tell them that you will file a complaint with the BBB in the letter.

• Km
    KMackie Aug 05, 2010

I agreed to a 8 day trial period to sample the product for teeth whitening( which I was interested in).

My order was placed 7/25/10, I had 8 days to try the product. The shipping took four days to reach me.

They used 4 of my days for the free trial with the shipping.

They debited my account for almost $80.00 and I called them twice to get this removed. They would not budge at all.

phillpott Aug 03, 2010

sorry fly girl go fly away like i said ivory white is a big rip off

phillpott Aug 03, 2010

so your a fly boy go fly away into the wild blue yonder! she used her card get it right fly boy. my daughter was just tring a free sample and she got ripped off for 78 dollars fly boy.

phillpott Aug 03, 2010

you have no idea what your talking about mr stealtheeee! you probally work for them. im not the only one they ripped off on there false avertising scam. this is a big scam, maybe you need whiter teeth so you can buy from them.

phillpott Aug 03, 2010

this company ripped off my underage dauther. they claim to give a free sample with credit info . then in 8 days if you dont cancel they automaticly charge your credit card. what they dont tell you, it takes 8 days to recieve trial product. and you dont have any time to cancel .also under no cercumstances will they refund your money. this is a perfect scam on minors and solictiaton of minors. this web site need to be shut down.

• Hk
    Hkim Jul 26, 2010

If you are trying to return the package on your own dime, be sure that you didn't open the second package. you'll be charged the full $78 or $20 restocking fee - depending on how much you used. Thank GOD I read the fine print before I sent everything back. I had to call them back to tell them to just charge me the $20 and I'll keep the rest.

The gel destroyed my gums the SECOND time - when I opened the 2nd package... it is SO painful right now.

• As
    Ashley Hollowell Jul 26, 2010

they did the same thing to me and the number they are giving out which is supposed to be 24hrs is never being answered!!! i want my money now!!!

Ashley Hollowell
    INdianapolis, indiana

• Jl
    jladygee10 Jul 19, 2010

I was charge 78.14 for a sample of Ivory White, I was only suppose to pay $1.oo, I called the company as soon as my order of samples came to cancel any thing further from Ivory White, supposidely it was cancelled. When I looked at my statement today Ivory White charge me $78.14 for the samples, I told them they was not authorized to take any money from my account and I wanted to speak to a manager, needless to say there was no manager on site. I am very upset about the way I've been taken advantage of and I want my money back now.

• Da
    dave w8303 Jun 13, 2010

I somehow got sent a free trial Ivory White teeth whitening product. I was going to try some free products but I cancelled it and recieved their product anyway. I tried it for three days and called in on Sunday to cancel. They had a cancel service by pushing #1 on the telephone. An anamated voice then told me that I was going to be charged $20 for their "free trial"

• Jl
    jldr Jun 09, 2010

I just ordered this trial thing online yesterday. Got a call early this morning to confirm my address...as if I might've made a mistake when I typed it in just the day before. But then he proceeded to try & sell me on some other stuff! Geesh! So when I saw a confirmation that my trial was pkg was shipped, I called to cancel the subscription before I forgot to later and get charged the $78. 41 (+ $5.95 shipping & handling.) That's when I found out that the free trial is FAR from being free! Press 1 to hear the "most popular cancellation option to keep the package sent to you for $19.95 or press 2 to hear other cancellation options." Of course I pressed 2. It explained that to prevent any further charges I'd have to send the trial package back, un-opened! So basically, I just paid them a dollar to ship something to me that I don't get to try for free after all! And I can only hope that when it gets here and I send it back that it gets to them undamaged, and that they don't go ahead and charge my bank account anyway. Which I'm calling my bank to have them help me with this. (Philip who posted a message calling us "stupid" back in March of '08 was probably one of the scammers working for them!)

• Am
    Amber Smith Apr 08, 2010

I too signed up for the ivory white scam!!!
    I canceled with their "easy cancel process via phone" within 48 hours of my online order because I was informed by a co-worker that I am getting ripped off.
    2 weeks after canceling, I received the trial package in the mail anyway, and I was furious! I called their 1-800 number, talked to some very unhelpful, rude customer service reps, and was told that "yes your cancelation has been confirmed." I then wrote "refused" on the package and and sent it back. (not opening and refusing a package releives you from paying additonal shipping costs.)
    I received my credit card statement and discovered a $78.41 charge from ivory white. Again I called the 800 number and finally got them to take $45.95 off my bill. Fine, if that was "the best that they could do" I guess I had no choice but to except.
    I then get a voicemail from ivory white the next day stating, "Hi this is Jenny from ivory white, I am so sorry but I made a mistake by telling you you would get a refund, we can not refund any part of your bill."
    What is wrong with this company? Do they make so much money scamming people that they could care less if their business gets a bad repuation, and eventually goes bankrupt because they can't hold on to and value their customers?
    Anyone out there that would like to form a group suit against ivory white please e-mail me at [email protected] and I will then foward your e-mails on to my attorney.
    If this is how people do business these days, I will never order anything online agian!

JaiCeeMinn Mar 25, 2010

Got Scammed by IvoryWhite. Obvious play on words Ivory to think it's a legitimate company. It is not!! You sign up for a free sample and pay 1.00 for shipping. In a few days your account is charged 78k dollars and change. They will Not take it off. Very hard for someone like me who lives on a fixed income and that was my grocery money.

Do Not Be Scammed by IVORYWHITE.

• Je
    Jennifer L White Feb 15, 2010

I have had a similar experience with this company. They offered $1.00 for a free trial offer for Ivory White and shortly after the sample arrived, my credit card was billed for $74.81. I had not even tried the product yet, so I had not ordered it. The rude customer service representative said they charge was non refundable and another package was being mailed to me with a second charge posted to my credit card. I could return it and receive a refund on only one of the charges, if they received the package by February 26th. I am afraid to use the sample now after reading what Ivory White has done to other people's teeth.

• Ro
    rochelle veloya Feb 11, 2010

this company is advertising their product and were telling that customers needs to pay only $1 fir a trial of the product called Ivory white but they will charge the credit card for $78 which is unappropriate...thia is a fraud!

• I too was taken and charged the $78.41 for free trial. I can"t believe that this company is getting away with this. again this money that is being taken from innocent people could very well go to Haiti instead. Can't boulder co DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS?? Who do we contact for this situation??

Wisconsin dells wi

changed smoker Jan 21, 2010

fraud advertising of "free trial" for $1.00 10day trial. i cancelled the offer 2days after order & am told i'm being charged $19.41. where are my rights? i read the terms & fell i am within the law here. they are not and will recieve constant phone calls to follow-up on the fraud!

• Ga
    gaither2306 Jan 20, 2010

Their website has an easy cancel button...but I had to pay 19.41 to keep the stuff and not send it back. Which I was okay with because I wanted to try it, but then my mouth got burnt! I hope that my account is actually cancelled. I cannot afford $78 a month.

• Sc
    ScamRelief Jan 09, 2010

I got scammed by Ivory White so I wrote this web page to help people.

JoanL. Sampson Jan 05, 2010

These compaints are valid. My experience was similar. They offered me a $1000.00 gift card from
    Walmart or Target if I"d try their product FREE of charge -- only shipping costs. Needless to say the
    product arrived late and by the time I found it useless and harmful I was told "too late" - trial period
    has expired. "No, we don't want it back. Keep it" My cost for the FREE TRIAL? $78.41!