island national group, LLCdebt collection

I read another complaint on this site sounding just like my own. I too have been receiving letters from island national group/rjm acquisitions/fingerhut stating i owe $321.81.
I have tried repeatedly to call this company during their normal business hours and have been informed by recording that they are closed. It seems they are always closed. I do not know what fingerhut is and have never traded with them.

• Pm
    pmf1 Mar 04, 2009

Fingerhut is a Minnesota corporation.
    If you wish I can provide the contact information.

I admit I defaulted on some credit card debt.
    The approach by the collection agencies was horrible.
    I have consulted attorneys and have come up with a letter that puts them off.
    I was just contacted by the Northland Group.
    I sent them the letter via certified mail.
    Guess what ?
    Within 4 days I received a letter from Northland Group saying they were ceasing all collection efforts and I should contact the card issueing company for further information.
    The letter is a mix of asserting your rights, warning them about any negative credit reporting, requesting all communication be in writitng (no telephone calls!), and threatening them with severe legal action should they tranish my record or violate the law.
    It is one hum-dinger of a letter.
    I can't believe that it worked [email protected]!
    [email protected]

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices