ISG marketing A.K.A KSW Marketing AKA World Access MarketingThe newest name of this unethical company is ISG marketing

D

I was lucky because I detected that there was something fishy about is-g marketing. My contribution is simply to say that the scheme formerly known as KSW Marketing, Titan Marketing, World Access Marketing, Smart Circle, Magnum Marketing, Choice Promotional Group, 3W, Titan, Platinum Promotions now also goes by IS-G Marketing. So heads up. People affiliated with these deceptive companies include Ken Weintraub, Jennifer Patrick, Carolyn James, Paul Wyatt (director of ISG Marketing) and Tony Rodriguez (affiliated with Magnum Marketing)

• Ke
    KevinMartinez85 Mar 17, 2009

Now they are ECS Marketing, and they are still pulling the same tricks...

Caution to all of those entry-level candidates out there, "ECS" Marketing [protected] is a FRAUD!

• Wi
    winner01111 Apr 14, 2009

make sure you add ASL Marketing with Rich Del Cervo as head. they are a complete scam. i wasted almost a year with them and relocated 3 times with them, just to get ###ed over. so watch out.

• Ta
    Talia CHicago May 12, 2009

Add Fast Track in Chicago, which really is Magnum MAC and ASL Marketing. I am SO glad I researched this scam before I wasted my time and gas going to an interview. As a seasoned professional I am not interested in trolling Home Depot 72hrs/wk for cabinet refacing prospects and I am certainly not going door-to-door like a high school kid selling magazines!

• Co
    Concerned101 Jun 25, 2009

This is a scam. Please file compliants with Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org/us/ and http://complaint.ic3.gov.The more complients, the increased likely hood that these people can be stopped.

• Mi
    Middy Jul 27, 2009

ASL Marketing is now ACTION Marketing Group or ACTION Group (ASL or Actions Speak Louder is still on thier card and on a plaque in the office), with Rich Del Cervo still as it's head. They are connected to Smart Circle and share an office with Nine Zero Marketing in Elmsford, NY. Shady people at best, con artists at worst. Avoid at all costs.

• Ke
    keith27 Aug 05, 2009

I work at ACTION marketing and this couldnt be further from the truth, if you dont believe me go down to the office and ask every single employee that works there. PLEASE. And we share and office with the NY promotional Group. Get your lies straight if your going to go online and be slanderous.

• Cr
    crystal6828 Aug 10, 2009

I have looked into a job with Fuzion marketing? Same phone number. Is this scamas well?

• Sl
    sleve4206 Nov 21, 2009

To Keith27,

I'm not sure how you could possibly defend such a scam artist company. Have they brainwashed you? I have looked deep into these companies (specifically IS-G Inc because they wanted me to interview) and all I have found are complaints! And I'm sure EVERY person in the office will defend it, THEY WORK THERE! You're just as much a scam artist as they are and why would any of you working in the office say it was a scam? LoL You are ridiculous. Walking through shopping centers attempting to sell sports tickets for $50 while you only make $12 for yourself is NOT marketing. It's called SCALPING. You people are no better than the guys standing outside Madison Square Garden trying to sell tickets before the show. Enjoy your pathetic job.

• Fk
    fkensing Dec 05, 2009

They are also called Heat Inc. There's definitely something funky about them.

201 Willowbrook Blvd. Ste. 403
    Wayne, NJ 07470
    [protected]

• Pr
    PR Gal Dec 10, 2009

thanks to this website i decided to attend my interview with Heat Group Inc. today, i wasn't completely sure if it was a scam company but now im starting to believe it. I sent my resume and a day later got an email to call them for an interview. The next day they called me to schedule an interview. If this was a REAL company i doubt they would be trying soo hard to get a entry level recent grad with no real experience to come in. I missed this interview and didnt call (rude i know but who cares they are frauds anyway_. And i just received an email asking to reschedule an interview because they assumed that i got lost.

My friend worked for Magnum Marketing and i heard terrible stories about having to go door to door to 150 houses a day in the pouring rain in a business suit and got paid ###. My ex worked for World Access Marketing and tried to sell sporting event tickets via B2B.

After reading this the entries above i put two and two together..

• Ho
    hoyabasketball Mar 13, 2010

over the summer i went to an interview with rich del cervo in elmsford ny. he asked me questions that had no relation to any job and gave me no information about what i would be doing at ASL even when i asked. he then put my resume on a pile of about 50 other resumes, and realising how bad this looked, he took my resume off the pile and said, " whoops that is the pile of people i wont be calling back." a few days later when he tried to set up a "second interview" which is really an attempt to get you to work for them for free for a day, i did not answer the phone and i kept forwarding the calls to my voicemail. upon doing this i recieved a threatening voice mail from rich saying that i don't know who he is and i should be careful how i treat people like him. he also said i would never work in the baltimore, dc area(where i go to school) again because he knows many people in the area and he would call them about me. well now i have a real job in DC where im not going door to door or selling stuff in Home Depot. I get a salary, not paid on commission which equals out to less than minimum wage. I wasted an entire day interviewing for this company. Ive also heard theyve moved since being in Elmsford so be careful people

• Sb
    SBdefeder1234 Jun 01, 2010

The way I see it, it seems like mostly you are posting your opinions as fact. Lots of people work on commission and make a very good living doing so. You are living in a fantasy world if you think there is a salary and an office waiting for every person who is currently unemployed. Just because something is door to door and commission only doesn't mean it is a scam at all. Furthermore, I have heard a little about the sporting tickets and I believe it is excellent marketing for the team. The tickets are sold at a discounted rate and bring people into the stadium who would not normally go to a game. The team loses money on the tickets but makes it up in concessions and other items they sell. FYI, scalping is only considered illegal if it is within 1000 feet of the stadium. Just my two cents

• As
    asdre Jun 17, 2010

rich del cervo has now moved to Tarry Town NY. these guys are def a scam trying to get people to do door to door sales and promising them a management position within 6 months total bs avoid at all cost. The name they went by was action group marketing.

noname101 Aug 27, 2010

trust me - i've worked there, it's a complete scam and waste of anyone's time. i'm all about working hard for your money, and putting the hours in to do so. however, walking from one person's door to the next all day long for $200 a week? with no promise of growth or anything? i think you'd have to be pretty brainwashed to do that. there are plenty other sales/marketing jobs out there who treat their employees much better, and provide a broad range of opportunities. who wants to put the time/energy in, without seeing any results? how does that even make sense? one of the above statements was 100% correct. rich delcervo keeps PILES of resumes on his desk (he tries to do 35 interviews a day, when in reality, only 12 will show up because the others figured out it's a scam). he tries to create a "fear of loss" tactic to make each "applicant" feel like there are so many others who are dying for the position. give me a break - i don't know about you, but i wouldn't want to work for someone who lies for a living. not exactly a great business model, but then again, this "company" doesn't abide by any values whatsoever.

• Se
    seanm883 Sep 01, 2010

Heat Inc in Wayne NJ is a complete waste of your time. The first thing I noticed was shady was I had been reciving e-mails from "Green Impulse Marketing" about the interview process and went to the first interview. It was five minutes long and they gave me a second interview that was supposed to be 2 hours. They don't really tell you what you will be doing, just promotions for a home improvement company. I read the comments on this site that day and realized what I was getting into. I knew it would be a scam but I went anyway just to check it out knowing I could just walk out at any time. I get there and the first thing they want me to do is sign a waiver saying any products I sell today I will not receive any percentage of the income. I read the paper gave it back to the secretary and walked out. I was not gonna waste 2 hours selling products when that is exactly what they said the job wasn't. I might as well work for Cutco if I wanted to do that. STAY AWAY!!! Beware of "Heat Inc" as well as "Green Impulse Marketing"

Scamable Sep 09, 2010

The first thing I noticed about HGI Inc., located in Wayne, NJ is that I saw an arrow in the building toward a suite saying HEAT, Inc. I asked the secretary if this was HGI and she said, "Yes." The position was for an entry level assistant manager. I went in and filled out a relatively simple application, noticing that all the other people in there were young. They called me in and among questions I thought were illegal, sketchy, and irrelevant to ask was, 'Do you have any siblings?' I replied yes. How many? 1 sister. 'Older or younger?' What does she do, and I replied with what she did. He introduced the company as a home improvement type of business and that he had many big customers like Home Depot and several other big names.

Then I noticed he wasn't writing anything down but put 2 lines on the application. He asked me another question twice almost like he was disinterested. Then he told me that I would be invited back the next day to follow him around as well as other executives to a retail area to promote the company for a couple hours and that it will be explained in more detail tomorrow. I figured this was pretty vague, but I went back to the office anyway since I figured the experience might be valuable.

I went TODAY, in and the first thing the secretary did was hand me a waiver called, 'An Interview Waiver.' I walked out and called my dad asking him what he thought, and he said he was suspicious but to ask them about it more in detail. Then I came back in 10 min. later seeing about 8 other people waiting in business suits in the waiting room. The secretary asked me if I was finished signing, and I said no before I sign it I was wondering why they have this waiver and what I was going to do exactly for the job? She replied, 'I don't know I am just the secretary, but I can get you one of the hiring managers with which to speak.' I said okay. The hiring manager called me in and asked me what questions do I have about the contract. I said once again what is the purpose of this waiver? I have never had to sign one for an interview before. He said, 'Have you ever been on a full day interview?' I said no. He said 'well thats why you didn't sign a waiver.' This sounded sketchy as 2 to 3 hours isn't really a full day and why would you have to sign an waiver? The waiver was contradictory saying in one way that I won't get paid, and then in another sentence it said sales for the day will be based off of commission. When I asked if I could get back to him he told me good luck with my job search. I will look at this as a learning experience and that I now know about scams and what to look for.

By the way, I got a call today for an interview for Five Line Marketing, and they said that they are in the home improvement industry as well. She didn't give details on the job only that it was entry level management. I won't fall for that twice. I asked her if HEAT Inc. was her competitor and she said, 'No.' I myself didnt know first hand about HGI aka HEAT Inc., and her being in the same industry it was sketchy that she said no so quickly how would she know about HEAT Inc. I figured I would tell people about Five Line Marketing sounding very similar to HGI aka HEAT Inc. Don't waste your time going there unless you want to have an experience of wasting knowing what a scam place looks like.

• Ra
    Rachel85 Sep 13, 2010

I went today to Heat in Wayne for a interview and I thought something was weird b/c the office looks like [censor]. At first i thought maybe the office was being remodel, but anyway. Also, I thought it was weird how unprofessional the interviewer was. They asked me back for the next day, after telling them i currently have a full time job they asked if i could come between 5:30-6pm for two hours, something seemed weird. I just declined based on the fact that something seemed weird. (Glad I did after reading all this)!

• Ko
    KOOP Sep 28, 2010

they are now calling themselves G.I. MARKETING INC
    the address on my email was 201 Willowbrook Blvd ste 402 wayne NJ, 07470 phone# [protected] Katherine or KAT is the one who has been emailing and calling. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!!

maggie2787 Sep 29, 2010

again what is this scam?

Scamable Oct 07, 2010

Maggie 2728 is protecting the scam. Maggie2728 also commented on the company called G.I. Marketing, where she said she works for. Maggie, why would you comment on the HGI company complaint section IF you only work at G.I. MARKETING!!? These companies are one in the same and both scams. They are both in the home improvement market...as they put it.

The company changes names constantly to not get caught in the scam. They have gone from ISG, to HEAT GROUP INC., to HGI, to Green Impulse Marketing and all the names above. NOW the most recent is G.I. Marketing!

THE SCAM GOES AS FOLLOWS:
    You come in for an interview after being called and emailed in the same day that you are perfect for the position.

You are asked to a second 'interview' meaning you are doing FREE LABOR for a couple hours by signing an 'inteview waiver.' They aim at recent graduates since they have inexperience in sniffing out a scam company.

You work by selling coupons for no pay the first day, and if you decide to say then...

You get hired you work for peanuts...stay and work for little pay. Then those underpaid people hire more suckers to do the work for free for a day, get money off the free labor.

This goes on until the company gets caught and then the company changes their name and or location. This is so they cannot be looked up on complaint board sites, and can same more people. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!!

Does this ring a bell, Maggie?

• De
    Deanaprina Jan 06, 2011

agree they sent me two emails and called me twice. A real Job does not do this. FIVE LINE MARketing In TERRYTOWN< NY is what they are calling them selves now. thanks to this site for the heads up This is why I love the INTERNET!! DON't GET SCAMMED people unless thats what you like

scamhunter1010 Feb 21, 2011

I was just at five line today.. it does sound very faimilar to all this.. but also last year i had a interview with a place i forget the name but the guy who i interviewed with looked like a used car sales men. so i never went back after realizing i was workin o commision and had to walk door to door That seems more like the place everyone is talking about in tarrytown ny. but this five line sounds the same but they said i would be paid hourly and bouses. idk what i should do?

sam cowen Mar 03, 2011

hi,
    i have an interview scheduled with five line marketing for tom?

should i go?

thanks

sam cowen Mar 03, 2011

anybody interview with them?

notscammingthisguy Mar 04, 2011

just got back from second interview at five line marketing in tarrytown ny. First of all thanks to everyone who previously posted, saved me time and energy. The scam is exactly as stated above, with young applicants sitting in the waiting room while a receptionist handed me a waiver in which i would be subject to terms and conditions at a later period. lol i walked out the door. The best part is they didn't even bother to change the letterheads on the papers. When I saw HEAT Inc. on the top of half the papers sitting on the secratary's desk i knew this was the same scam.

• Iw
    iwannascamwithem Mar 17, 2011

i just got a call too from five line marketing and scheduled an appointment with them for tomorrow ima go just to see if i can get an inside job on the scam... lol

noname913 Apr 05, 2011

They are now called Pride Management. Their office is in Wayne, NJ but their phone number is still the same. BEWARE! Amanada Dubinsky is the HR person, Robert Hansen is the director you will interview with. SAME SCAM!

noname913 Apr 05, 2011

This company is now called PRIDE MANAGEMENT. they are now located in Wayne, NJ but still have the same phone number. Their HR contact is Amanda Dubinsky, and the director you would interview with is Robert Hansen. BE WARE! This is a SCAM!

• Ru
    ruth lee May 30, 2011

Got an email from "Valiant Promotions" last night in response to my initial email + resume...then got a phone call this morning (Memorial Day) from someone named Alexa. Its website is www.valiant-promotions.com and it really looks like it's trying to appeal to anyone looking for a job. On the phone, it felt like she was trying to sell the position to ME. Scheduled an interview for tomorrow but probably won't go and I'll probably email her back saying so if/when she emails me an address. The website isn't up to par, their PR (if he/she exists) needs to get them on linkedin somewhere, and there's just nothing but scam related posts about their company. The address is the same as Green I Marketing and being familiar with the mall, I feel like I've never seen an office where they claim to be.

• Ph
    Phil Bowden Jun 25, 2011

I worked there and it was a TERRIBLE place to be. I worked there for two months and it was the WORST job ever. NO BASE PAY, NO REIMBURSEMENT FOR EXPENSES, AND 100% COMMISSION. If you were underperfoming, they'd try to keep you there ALAP. The office in Tarrytown was VERY NICE and a great 'disguise' of looking at a promising opportunity. If the appointment would cancel, you wouldn't get ANYTHING and be screwed. 70+ hours a week making less than minimum wage with no growth. If you get a call, schedule an interview and simply be a 'no show.'

• Je
    JeffHartwell Sep 17, 2012

Ok, here is an objective view of the entire Marketing business model. Having worked with some of these individuals for 6 months, I can list the pros and cons

Pros
    1) You are well trained to deal with customers, clients and employees. You learn how to sell products as well as sell yourself, which is always a great tool to have when job hunting. You also learn how to teach others valuable work skills and improve your own managerial potential.
    2) You can make money if you are sharp, attentive & willing to work hard. It won't be 6 figures, but it will help cover your expenses and allow you a trial period to see if you are good at working a commission based job.

Cons
    1) It is long hours, very tedious and repetetive where sometimes you'll have horrible days and feel like quitting. You also sometimes have to subject yourself to extreme heat or cold conditions, putting your health in jeopardy( I personally had terrible heat rashes and corns all over my feet) but it you are tough, then you'll ride it out and earn some valuable life experience.
    2) Lies are a part of daily routine here. The manager lies to you about the position and convinces you that it will lead to you running your own office(which it can, but not for a LONG time) They nickel and dime on everything, from Soliciting Permits to Car Ride funds(gas, tolls, drinks) and tell you to simply write it off on your taxes. They make you think earning a $45-$50 commission per lead is good money, meanwhile they're selling that same lead for $150 and pocketing the difference. They tell you to cover up negative aspects of the job such as Rude, insulting customers, being hassled by Police(door to door only) and dealing with lazy, careless call center workers who cost you money by talking back to potential customers.
    3) They hire mostly young, underqualified employees because they'll take just about ANYBODY for the job. I personally worked with a Homeless person, an ex-convict(who still had warrants out) & an immigrant fresh off the boat from Turkey(barely spoke English) who all ruined my work experience by being unable to contribute or talk their way out of situations with law enforcement. I even had to pay the bail of the Ex-con in the amount of $750, which he didn't pay back until over a YEAR later after several attempts to collect.
    4) Even if you make it to management, the money is not much better or even close to what they proclaim it to be. Someone I hired, who re-located to the Mid-west, ended up making it to Assistant Manager. He made it a point to call me and thank me when he did. Less than a year later I called him to catch up, and he was no longer working there. Telling me, you still basically work on commissions at the Ast. Manager level and if the office doesn't produce, then you don't make money. So the light at the end of the tunnel isn't as bright as they make it seem.

As for Rich Del Cervo and his tactics, he started around the same time I did. He's a Single father with a young child and a good guy at heart. He just became wrapped up in the business and now conforms to the same standard of lying that the "Managers" who trained him have. There's a reason all these places operate the same, they make sure to change YOU to fit THEIR mold!

• Ne
    Need to Know??? Jan 12, 2015

Is Vision Media connected to ISG or Mike Franks?

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices