Ira Woods & SonsDishonest return policy

C

I purchased an espresso maker and when it arrived the quality was poor so I called to return it. It was only then that I learned they not only charge a restocking fee of 25% but that they won't refund your money. They will only give yo a gift certificate. NO WHERE during the purchasing process did they alert the consumer to this dishonest business practice. I was told by Customer Service that I should have read the "general conditions" statment which I later found buried in small print. I will never buy from them again so I have lost all of money!

• Mf
    mfozley Jul 15, 2016

On January 7, 2011 I ordered a tub, sink and two toilets from this company. I paid in full that date. The delivery date of 2/7/11 has come and gone and despite repeated requests for a firm delivery date I have none. In light of the wishy washy response - in fact NO response from their so called customer service I called the manufacturer only to find the items I ordered were quite ready to ship except that Ira Woods had not paid for them despite having my money in full. When questioned the so called customer service took it on themselves to cancel my order and deduct a 20% restocking fee despite they never delivered anything. I have tried to void the order and demanded a full refund or my products. Instead of a civil response from

them I get hung up and told I am unprofessional! What a scam! I think this amounts to not only a breach of contract but worse a crime over the internet. I challenge these people to prove they are honorable. Either a full refund or deliver my stuff now.

jasonjoy Jul 15, 2016

I ordered a sink on April 7th 2011. They said I should receive it by the 21st. after three additional weeks of delays I canceled my order. I could never get a straight answer on when the sink would be there. Once I canceled it the customer service marigold round started. I left mutable VM and emails asking for an update on the refund with no response. Finally I was issued the refund. This company sucks at every step of the way. The customer service is horrible and I would never use them no matter how good the price looks. They kept my money for a month and a half after I ordered it. They really, really suck. The other comapny I ordered it from had it in my hands in four days. It only cost me $50.00 extra but I would have paid more not to deal with Ira Wood and Sons.

• Ih
    Ihandy Jul 15, 2016

This company does not keep product in stock. I ordered laundry products 4 weeks ago and had to dispute the credit card charge. They are just now notifying me that the product has shipped. Their customer service is non-responsive and you end up in an endless loop of waiting on hold for long periods of time only to have to leave a message. No one ever returns a call. Horrible service. I DO NOT recommend this company!

• El
    Elgoz Jul 15, 2016

I ordered a hand mixer. It required two hands to operate, you must hold down two buttons to operate. I only have one usable hand and it has Arthritis so I couldn't even try it. I paid $99.99 and they will only credit me $40.00.
    Before you buy anything from this outfit be sure to read their return policy..BUYER BEWARE!

• Ga
    Gamperk Jul 15, 2016

Purchased a hot water dispenser from Ira Woods, it was not what I wanted so it was returned. They have E-mailed me that it was installed and will not refund my money. I returned just what I received, I did not install it, never removed it from the box. I want my money back ! This is just wrong.

• 14
    1489Family Jul 15, 2016

We ordered a Blanco sink that was advertised at a good price. We waited and waited, and kept in regular contact with our rep at Ira Woods & Sons . They kept offereing us different sinks (non Blanco, of course) but we stuck to our original order. We finally wrote the general manager, Rob Parisi and requested a refund. We felt VERY fortunate that we received a full refund. We will NEVER shop with the company again!

www.irawoodssucks.com

• Ka
    kavorkian Jul 15, 2016

I ordered a Breville juicer in Aug. It is now Oct and have had nothing but delay after delay on the delivery date. Last communication to company I was deferred to representative that I could only reach during business hours. So fed up I cancelled my order. Now very nervous since reading other complaints that I will have a difficult time getting a refund.

• Fb
    fbwwilk Jul 15, 2016

I placed an order the first part of April, I have not received it yet, 2 months later, and it was paid for.
    I am not happy with your service or contact.

bribh Jul 15, 2016

I had not thought of that. I will try the credit card company.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Crazy a business and still be around with this type of service.

• Ad
    Adam Jul 15, 2016

Mean customer service, told 2-3 days to ship was 2-3 weeks, charged my CC 3 times, told free shipping, huge shipping fee, 35% cancelation fee. Unethical business practice.

• Ba
    bayegirl Jul 15, 2016

Hello Dear
    My name is Mariam and i am looking for honest partner if you are interesting please just mail me back through my email address ([email protected] )so we can know each other and from there i will send my picture to you thanks and have a nice day!
    Mariam.

• Mo
    monishi1 Jul 15, 2016

I ordered TOTO part. On the website, it says it's in stock. But it was't. I ordered it 4 months ago. They delayed the shipment 3 or 4 times and I still have not received the item! They charged it first, although they didn't have the item in stock nor shipment. So I complained it to the card company and I was refunded. I'm sure this company would bankrupt!

• Cr
    Crowfan420 Jul 15, 2016

I ordered a $2000.00 sink June 24 2011 i was told I would not be charged on my credit card til item was shipped. Lie. I had to initiate an inquiry on aug 4. I was told they had problems with elkay & could not deliver my item & offered me a different sink. I said No. Still no refund. Pex supply delivered the same sink I ordered from Ira woods at a $600.00 savings. Thank you irawoods for NOT coming thru - I do want my refund!

• Cu
    curlysuu5019 Jul 15, 2016

Had to reorder twice due to sent the wrong products which was an error on the customer service rep's part. The second time they were quite nasty and I had to pay a restocking fee. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!!

Consumer Warning

Do your research before buying from www.irawoods.com
    Terrible Service. Once I told them I had a problem with my order they stopped responding.
    They will not respond to my emails, voicemails and fax.

• Be
    Berkutte Jul 15, 2016

I ordered a towel warmer on Dec 5 as a Christams gift. When there was no sign of it by Dec 14, I e-mailed and was told it would be here mid Jan. No one had bothered to let me know. Then by 20 January it still had not arrived. I sent a total of 8 e-mails, and left 7 voice mail messages. NO-one contacted me. I was desperate. Then on February 4 it showed up and I was given a 3 days to check it out - impossible as I am now not at that address.NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL _ DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

• Be
    bestvaluefamily Jul 15, 2016

Ira Woods engaged in deceptive sales tactics and has terrible customer service.

I purchased a bathroom vanity from Ira Woods over the phone as I wanted to seek clarification on their delivery policy http://www.irawoods.com/Help-Center/Free-Shipping I spoke with salesman [email protected] about the $50 delivery option of "inside room of choice" to the second floor bathroom and he confirmed it would be done.

In 2 weeks, FedEx contacted me for delivery. We discussed delivery to my second floor bathroom. They said they could not bring the package inside, not to mention to the second floor. I contacted Ira Woods Support and was connected with [email protected], Customer Service Dept Lead. Kathy was terrible. She would not honor their delivery agreement nor work out details with another delivery service. In my numerous attempts to contact her (phone, email, customer service request database) and other staff members over 2 week's period, I was basically ignored. I asked for a refund of $121.49 and was ignored.

If the salesman from Ira Woods did not confirm delivery to 2nd floor “inside room of choice, ” I would have bought it from www.thebathroomdepot.com Total with delivery is $1, 137.50 which is $121.49 cheaper ($1, 258.99 Ira Woods - $1, 137.50 Bathroom Depot = $121.49). I told Derrick this as Ira Woods offers a price match policy. At the time of order, Derrick expressed that he could not price match it because of the discount and shipping terms, so I said it was fine as long as I could get delivery to my second floor. He reassured me they would.

I finally contacted FedEx to deliver the vanity, it was delivered to my driveway per their policy. I believe Ira Woods engaged in deceptive sales tactics and poor customer service and would like to complain about the company to change their deceptive businesses practices, poor customer service, and seek a refund of $121.49.

Resolution to make it right:
    1. Ira Woods (Kathy Oliver, Derrick Lyvers to admit wrongdoing and provide me a written appology 2. Change deceptive sales tactics 3. Follow their published policies http://www.irawoods.com/Help-Center/Free-Shipping or update them to the correct ones
    4. Improve their poor customer service through prompt communication and resolving problems 5. Refund me $121.49

• Ti
    TinaMarlin Jul 15, 2016

I'm determined that no one else should suffer the same loss and frustration I have. PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. I admit it - I didn't check them out first hand. My mistake!

I don't think I've ever seen such blatant liars and cheats! My first (and only) order arrived with missing pieces. I phoned them immediately and a really rude boy named Matt answered the phone. He refused to issue a pick up, make it right or even try to address the issue. And can you believe this? He told me "You should've known better". Huh??? Guess he was having his period that day so I asked for a supervisor. He said he'd have one call me. No supervisor called. I disputed credit card and when they responded to the dispute, they said I hadn't called them within the required 3 business days after receipt. That's an outright lie!!! 3 business days? I phoned them 10 minutes later! These people are the lowest of the low and their 'customer service' people are ignorant of customer service, dishonest, and based on what I've read online, are habitual liars and frauds. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE THIEVES. I'm also lodging an official complaint about them with Master Card / Visa because they should know this is a crooked merchant.

• Cr
    CraigMarks Jul 15, 2016

When order was placed it was indicated to be in stock. A series of e-mails followed from the vendor indicating the order was received, order was accepted and order was processed for payment. When I checked with customer service as too why I did not receive a notice that the products had shipped I was told that I did not read the payment processed e-mail wherein it noted that the product was on back order from the manufacturer and was estimated to be delivered to the vendor by the end of the month. I indicated on October 18th I wanted to cancel the order and they still have not refunded the money to my checking account.

It is unethical to charge someone for a product that they do not have in stock.

• Bu
    Buddy1 Jul 15, 2016

Purchased a sink grid on June 29, 2011. My credit card was charged the same day. The bill said it would be shipped on or after July 14th. I called to find out why it took so long to ship and Mark said that it had to be delivered by Elkay. Called on July 15th for an update and was told there was a delay and would arrive and ship August 2nd. Emailed them on that date to be told I will receive a refund because they can no longer get it. Mark called the problem "unfortunate" rather than "unethical." Seems to me that they held my $100 and delivered nothing in the end. Looks like a scam to me.

• Su
    sungit Jul 15, 2016

Very, very poor customer service. There may be only one person doing customer service as all the other people who pick up the phone is from sales. Not true to their word, as in the estimated ship date, or maybe the manufacturer who they order from is to blame, so they say. After reading all other complaints, I guess I'm not the only one who've waited for so long for an estimated ship date (not even a confirmed one) -- which came out to be almost 2 months from the time I ordered. Their contract with the manufacturer is one where they do not have direct contact on orders placed -- not a good deal. I've asked them to contact the manufacturer but they said they could not. They are the manufacturer's customer so they should be able to have a say. I guess that is why sales cannot answer any questions. All they can do is put in the order for you, or get your money in their bank as soon as possible. Never order here. In your frustration, you might end up canceling an order, then get refunded your money less 25% for cancellation fee -- for a product you've never held in your hand, or maybe the manufacturer has not even started to make! I've worked with a manufacturer before and we only billed a product once shipped. So this company shouldn't even have gotten billed; so what is the problem in returning my full refund? They've already got interest gained from it. And in the meantime, I also incurred interest in my credit card! Never, never, never. They're bad business.

• Sp
    sparqee Jul 15, 2016

Ordered a bath tub from them on 11/17. The web site said delivery time was 4-6 weeks. They never sent an order receipt but my card was charged that same day. After 5 weeks I called to check on the order status. Was on hold for 20 minutes then got voice mail. Left a message but never got a call back. Three days later I called again, waited on hold for 13 minutes then got a sales clerk who was less than helpful. She said that the order was in process and that I just needed to wait. Called again 7 weeks after ordering and was told that they had not even received the tub from the manufacturer yet. When I threatened to cancel the order they brought up the cancellation fee.

I would never recommend using this company. Everything they sell can be purchased elsewhere.

• Na
    Nadessa Jul 15, 2016

HORRIBLE, DISASTROUS, are the correct words for this pseudo home improvement company !!!
    I had the most excruciatingly aggravating experience with these people -

I dealt with a Mark Messer sales person who NEVER EVER return calls - actually no one there ever return calls - here's the story :

I ordered a Grohe shower system on May 13th - as of August 11th, I received the 5th emails delaying the order yet again to 8/19 shipment date - since my entire bathroom project is held up by these jokers, I called and spoke to their so called Customer service supervisor named Kathy who assured me that the order will be cancelled as I requested without fees - this is 1140am on Thursday 8/11.
    I then called http://HomeClick.com (who is great btw!) and re-ordered the entire shower system with them. Cheaper and I get all in 3 days!
    A few hours later, I receive an email from Irawoods that the order is being sent out AFTER I cancelled it and after being delayed for 3 months - What??? I called this Kathy woman back, left many messages, was given the run around by sales people named Nick and then James...
    So I refused the order that arrived 8/13 - then I get an email from them threatening to bill me 50% penalty because the shipment was refused ??? This is AFTER trying to reach the sales manager for 3 days without success - THEY DO NOT RETURN CALLS. period.
    The ironic thing is : all this drama could have been avoided if they respond normally and COMMUNICATE with their customers - communication is what it's all about!!! HELLO is anyone there?

• Ge
    Geez Jul 15, 2016

Ira Wood took my money 2 months ago for knife purchased via their onlinee store. Their website indicated that it was in stock and would ship in appx. 48 hours. My credit card was charged and the money removed from my bank account. Almost 2 months later, nothing's arrived. The company does nothing but stonewall on a refund by saying it will ship soon--they've given at least 2 specific ship dates and failed to meet both. I will never, ever order here again.

www.irawoodssucks.com
    I started this sight because I experience similiar issues with this company.
    They cost me over 500.00. I figured I would get my money back somehow.

• In
    Int71 Jul 15, 2016

Same as the rest, did not check reviews, site looked legit and really got screwed badly to the tune of over $4000.00 of bathroom fixtures all mismatched second hand returned merchandise that is really not usable and matt in customer service is the master of hiding and playing games, but the ey is once yourmoney hs ben taken via your credit card. pls if you havenot purchased yet, dont it is that easy.