ios telVERY HIGH PHONE BILLS

I USE A PUBLIC PHONE TO MAKE A INTERNATIONAL CALL THAT SUPPOSED TO BE THE LOWER EXPENSIVE AND I RECEIVED A BILL IN MY CREDIT CARD THAT VARIES FROM u$22, 38 TO u$98, 99 WITHOUT WITH THE SAME REFERENCE 12/31MINS THAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEAN. I NEED A EXPLANATION FOR THAT. AT THE PHONE BOOT WAS WRITTEN " THE LOWEST" COST FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS" OR SOMETHING LIKE IT.
PLEASE ANSWER ME [protected]@hotmail.com or by phone [protected]

• Po
    P.ODell May 27, 2014

I just called and spoke to a woman named Gracie, and she credited half of the charges back to me. I figure something is better than nothing, and hope this helps.
    Sincerely,
    P.ODell

• Po
    P.ODell May 27, 2014

I just received my bill that I called 10 blocks away in Manchester, NH., and they charged me $30.71! This is outrageous! I am reporting them to the BBB and to my card company for fraudulent services.

P.ODell

• Da
    david akinabu Sep 14, 2012

I am also pissed at this company. there was a sign big enough for every potential customer to read and understand " Cash/Credit, $1 for 2mins national and International". I used this phone for 2mins and was billed $33.82 twice. This is a reap off and this company should be checked to stop this act of dishonesty.

• Io
    IOS Tel pay back Jun 29, 2012

There is a class action lawsuit open for this case. Please fill in the form. I am ripped off too and just motivated enough to get my money back at whatever cost to this evil company.

• Io
    IOS Tel pay back Jun 29, 2012

There is a class action law suit made for this case please sign in. I have been ripped off as well and I won't give up unless if I get my money.

• Te
    Telemedia FYI Aug 11, 2011

I had the same thing happen to me and was charged a ton of money for only 1 local call. Luckily, I work for a telemedia company. There is a Federal Law called Regulation E. If you haven't heard of "Reg E", it basically states that in order for a company to charge you over the phone, they must fully disclose the amount they will be charging and obtain your authorization for the charge. The rate at which you will be charged, when you will be charged, and who will be charging you all must be disclosed in what is typically called the Permission To Bill (PTB). The company then must obtain your uninterrupted authorization immediately following this PTB. If both of these actions are not executed, then it is not a valid sale and you legally cannot be charged. DO NOT CALL IOS-TEL FOR A REFUND!!! That's what they want you to do because they will never give you the full amount back and can continue doing what they do. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO: Call your bank or credit card, file a fraudulent charge claim and tell them you did not authorize the charge. The bank will then file a Reg E Claim and ask the company for the Proof Of Enrollment (POE) that shows you authorized the charge. Obviously, IOS-TEL does not have any POE's that follow Reg E guidelines and you will ultimately have all charges fully waived from your account. If they do somehow have a recorded call, they cannot use it as the POE because never during the call do they state that "The Call Will Be Recorded" which they must legally do. This is really the only way to get the full amount back. Please also file a grievance with the FTC, your attorney general, and Texas' attorney general (I believe this is where they are located). As a plus, everytime a bank or credit card issues a Chargeback Inquiry to the company, the company is usually charged a "Chargeback Fee" and too many of these Chargebacks will lead to higher rates for the company or ultimately them having their Merchant Account pulled. Please call your bank or credit card and do not let these types of companies take advantage of you.

• Pa
    Parag Kale Jul 13, 2011

My wife was at Atlanta airport she called me from airport, IOS charge me 40 dollars for 7 min call. Isn't call rate too high.

• Ke
    Kerry B Jul 12, 2011

I made 2 phone calls from Bucks lake, CA to San Anselmo, CA using my credit card. Normally these calls would be $1.00 in quarters but I ran out of quarters. The sign on the pay phone said to dial a number to use your credit card. I was charged $16+ each for the 2 calls I made. This is ridiculuous!

• Fr
    Fred Sauter Jun 18, 2011

Same happenned to me. What did you do about this?

• Te
    Terry Shirey May 24, 2011

2 calls (May 2, 2011):
    1st: wrong number (less than 20 seconds)
    2nd: about 2 minute call to alert pickup that I was at the Delta baggage claim
    Each call billed on my credit card at $36.87 for a total of $73.74.
    I am furious at this flagrant theft at a major public airport.

andre freed Mar 23, 2011

my husband called me from a pay phone in the hospital the initial charge on my statement was$5.00 2-3 days later i was being charged ne where from $9.17 the cheapest to 18.77 the most exspensive and still have two to post to my account. Like all the others there was no posted fees and did not say ne thing about fees when call was placed. this phone would not accedpt quarters to make the call which would have been alot cheaper to feed per minute. i am writing the bbb and the company charging me right after this post

drema and andre from staunton va

• Fl
    flam Mar 14, 2011

Made a collect call from Seekonk, MA to Bristol, RI lasting one minute. They charged me $17.58 for that one minute. How are they allowed to get away with that? I will be filing a complaint with the FCC about them.

• Al
    Albro Feb 08, 2011

Same complaint. I used my credit card in a pay phone in PBI airport to make a 20 second call to a Florida cell phone and the charge was over $16

AnishGG Dec 01, 2010

I used the pay phone to make two unanswered local calls and two answered local for duration of a minute. I was charged $93.83 for 4 calls. There were no call rate chart and was assuming that if you pay by credit card they would charge a service fee of $5 or so but $22 + service charge is day light robery. I was billed by IOS TEL on my credit card. Need Help...

Jordan Shenefield Nov 13, 2010

Made a pay phone call and hung up BEFORE the call was answered at the other end...and was still charged for the call. The next morning, made a call and talked for 6 minutes. Cost - $42.74. That's over $7 per minute. Rip off.

• Ka
    Kappy Oct 31, 2010

Used a pay phone at DISNEY, seems to be a recurring theme here, and was charged 17.00 to leave a message on my fiance's phone! Wonder if it's a Disney Company!

• Sk
    skyrocket Sep 15, 2010

I almost jump to the roof I saw a my bill regarding my trip last month.I made an International call the first one was short was dint even picked up and I was charged $53.63 the second was charged $87.70 for at least 10 mins.a call.I ridiculous and absurd.I want my money back for this monkey business.Atlanta Airport should take ripped all these phone booths..I am reading all these complaints and none of them got solved too bad and too bad for me too especially that my husband was laid off..

• Ra
    RandyLMcFall Jun 08, 2010

A Holes just charged me $22.57 for a less than one minute LOCAL call & and it made my account overdrawn and then was charged $30.00 for that! $52.57 to tell some one I was ready at Walmart in Beatrice Nebraska. This economy is bad and these things are going to get worse so watch your step out there people!

• Ta
    Tanvir Siddi Apr 27, 2010

It is unbelievable. I we are reading complain about ISO tel for more than one year but nobody is taking any action. Is our country not protecting our rights!!

I was traveling from middle east in Qatar Airways for a long 14hr journey. There were telephone with all the seats of the plane and anyone can call internationally by swiping credit card with $5/min. I thought it is too expensive so when I landed in Washington Dulles airport I made a call to home for 30 sec using the public phone in the airport.

Amazingly I got a bill of $10.54 for that 30 sec inland call. It was indeed far beyond my imagination that any LAND Phone company can change bills twice than that of a 5-star airline's in-seal calling system.

We need our Telecom Authority to take action against IOS Tel it and we all want at least 80% money back of our bills with IOS Tel..

• Al
    a little help from friends Apr 27, 2010

ILD Telecommunications, Inc can be a hard business to track down. It seems to have multiple addresses, such as 3230 W. Commercial BL VD, Suite 360, Oakland Park, FL 33309. My experience comes from ILD CORP 5000 Sawgrass Villiage Circle suite 30 Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082 (or 32083?) (both area codes were found with it). IOS TEL is another name listed, such as what might appear on your credit card statement.

When reading more reviews, google this company using ILD and IOS TEL (depending if its pay phone/home phone) and from both you will learn the extreme costs this company provides to both your home and pay phone bills. I experienced this pay phone symptom as I did not even know the name of this company when they showed up on my credit card statement.

My experience includes accepting a 3 minute phone call which was called collect to me and accepted by me with my credit card. I recall no easy way to listen to costs associated with this call, though the company claims it is possible. The caller also will be equally in the dark. For the 3 minutes I was charged roughly 26 dollars. From goggle I learned that 6-10 dollar per minute charges (for the bundle of hidden fees you will pay, read on to see what they are) are normal for this company.

According to the company when asked:

Rates cannot be posted on the phone because there are so many factors involved in determining rates, i.e. called number, auto operator or live operator, billing method, was destination number sent by the phone or did we have to ask for it, station to station or person to person and the list goes on. This is why payphone operators are not required by the FCC or the state's regulatory agencies to post operator assisted rates.

The reason that these types of calls cost more than it does when you use coins is due to the high cost to us to be able to complete this type of call. The charge covers the cost of validating your credit card, the security of your credit card, network costs with the local carrier in the area, payphone equipment, automated operator equipment, etc. Because more and more people are using cell phones these days there is much less demand for operator assisted calls (automated and live operator). With less volume the cost to provide the service increases. It costs us, on average $10.00, for each completed call. This does not take into account network costs that apply to each minute of the call.

THE LIST OF COSTS you may be paying, PER CALL, without realizing it:
    Operator fee - 10. 98 (live or automated)
    Nonsubscriber fee/Pay phone fee - 3. 50
    For use of service fee - 3.00
    Billing/protection of credit fee - 2.00
    Per minutes used fee - 1. 15 (my total in minutes fee used she said was 3.45)
    And something else to add another 2.00 or so

Through the BBB and emails with the company, my 26 dollar fee became 10. But this will take much persistence, as it was my forth complaint contact counting the BBB letter to come to that rate.

The company can be contacted by phone at [protected]

• Ru
    Rubens Sayegh Feb 23, 2010

The same thing happened to me... I made four calls from Orlando-FL-USA to Sao Paulo-SP-Brasil. All call lasted less than 4 minutes each, and I was charged US$ 43 for the first three and US$ 51 for the fourth call. This is outrageous and we mortals are in a situation that the company just don´t give you an explanation and nobody else cares. Just pay for it and remember NEVER to use these services again, as well as contacting as many people you can and inform them of this company.

• Mi
    michele10 Feb 17, 2010

i placed 2 calls with no answer. i was charged $28 plus for each call. and 2 other calls which i spoke less than 3 minutes. GOOD NEWS, I CALLED THE COMPANY AND GOT A REFUNSD ON THE CHARGES

• Mi
    michele10 Feb 17, 2010

• Gr
    GR79 Feb 14, 2010

How do I reach this people? They advised me that the call I was going to receive was $15 and now I seen my statement, and they charged me $20.10. I need to reach their customer service support. This is not right

IOS sucks...

GR.
    [email protected]

• Uy
    uyuyuy Jan 24, 2010

never use this phone company(IOS TEL) because it said that it was 4 quarters per minute for international calls, since it was an emergency I used my credit card and when I saw the bill it was $66.72

• Tr
    truth5 Jan 14, 2010

File a complaint here

• Bg
    BGG091 Dec 04, 2009

we need to get the word out BUT BIG...IOS sucks...I used a pay phone in an Atlanta airport, talked for 4 min and was charged $38.95...BBB will now about this...I am putting it everywhere not to use your card on these phones!

• We
    Wendy45102 Dec 03, 2009

i made a 2-minute phone call at the san diego convention center with my credit card last month, i just saw the statement and the damage was 39.97!!!

• Na
    Nancyfancy Nov 27, 2009

I made a collect call from Kentucky Hospital to Tennessee from pay phone
    the duration was like abt 3 mins & i have been charged $29.13 this is arip off ..
    Is there any way we cant can get back our money ... I hate this kind of services ..

• Nu
    Nuuuts Nov 24, 2009

Same thing here! The difference that I didn't even talk as the phone was only ringing!!! They chatged my Credit card $62.64 !!! Rip Off Batards!!! I didn't talk at alllll! That's outrageous..>!

• Si
    Simone T Nov 10, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I was in Hollywood Studios (FL), called Brazil for less than 10 minutes and they charged me 103 USD!!!

Need help...

• Il
    ileanardz Nov 04, 2009

Same thing happened to me in te Dallas airport, there are no coin telephones, so you HAVE to use your credit card, i just called like 10 min and i was charge for more then 75 USD!

this sucks!

what can i do?
    can i complain?

please tell me with who...

NEVER USE THIS PHONE (VERIZON WITH CREDIT CARD)

• Pa
    PaddyWacked Nov 04, 2009

I was just charged $400 for an international call to Ireland. I dialed a prefix(1010834) that usually charges a .50 connection fee & 5 cents a minute but I've since learned they are out of business. Verizon charged me $3.80 a minute for the call. I am willing to pay a resonable charge(say the rate I would have been under with their international calling plan) but this is just way too much. It was interesting how many different levels of messages I had to manuver through to speak to a live person yet not one message came on to inform me how much I was being gouged during that call!

• Th
    thollo Nov 01, 2009

I got ripped off by this company to, but I don't understand why do people allow ther pay phones in there business and the customers can't get in touch with the company? They charged me 34 dollars for about 4 to 5 minutes!

• Mo
    Montreal 1000 Oct 03, 2009

We have been charged $54.14 for less than 10 min internet use in a computer in a food restaurant in LA.

janh Oct 02, 2009

Got my credit card bill and had a charge or $42.58 for a 4 minute call from a pay phone in northern WI. I was unable to use my calling card from the pay phone, it would only accept my credit card. Never again will I make a call from any pay phone that won't accept my 800# phone card...even then I will be very hesitant to use any pay phone!!! No recourse... No refund...Nothing but a bit hit by an unethical scammer.

• Gd
    G Duval Sep 21, 2009

Run into same problem in july-august 2009 in New Hamphsire.

Called the [protected] number and got a total refound for all the calls for which no one answered. (9 calls at 20$ each).

Thanks to customer service :Pat.

• Gi
    Gisely Aug 03, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I called Brazil from the US, my call wasn't even answered (I didn't wait for the answering machine!) still they charged me U$43!! Is there anything we can do to have our money back? (Gisely, Brazil)

• Jv
    jvk Aug 03, 2009

Same problem less than two minute call between Washington DC and Baltimore cost me $28. Verizon payphone I tried to dial direct and use pocket change to no avail. What a ripoff this company is.

• Pv
    pvillebrown Jul 29, 2009

$27.08 posted to my credit card invoice for a collect call from Atlanta Airport on 7-24-09. Outrageous!!! No way to contact ISO TEL. I have filed complaint with my Credit Card Company and will try (?? may be easier tocontact ISO TEL than ATL Management) to contact Atlanta Airport to protest the charges and the fact there is no minimum/estimated cost posted for using the service. Be interesting to know how much the airport gets from ISO TEL!!!