Info. Freecreditreport. Infofcr.com CACancelled request for free credit report and being billed

I ordered a free credit report from Credit Report.com and somehow I was connected to info.freecreditreport.infofcr.com CA. I cancelled my account with Free Credit Report.com on 1/28/10 and now I am being billed from Info.freecreditreport.infofcr.com CA. I was informed by Free credit Report that my account was cancelled and now I am being billed by Info.freecredit report when I do not want their service. My Pay Pal account is being billed as follows
1/26/10 Info.free creditreport.infofcr.com CA $24.95
1/26/10 Creditreport.com $14.95 and
2/4/10 Info.freecreditreport.infofcr.com CA $14.95

I want this account cleared and do not want to receive any further information from either entity.

The account is under Philip Dindia and the Pay Pal account is under Barbara Dindia

More Info. Freecreditreport. Infofcr.com CA Complaints & Reviews

• Do
    Dominador Bona Jan 20, 2010

info.FreeCreditReport.infoFCR.com Ca keeps charging my credit card with reference number 75309560016580449603170. Request refunds from said company.

• Ms
    Ms. Hogin Mar 05, 2010

I was told that my account would be charged after 14 days. Unless I canceled. My account was charged after 5 days and I did call to cancel. The slime in this world will do anything to make a quick buck. Whatever happened to honesty and integrity in this world?

• Sh
    Shynice Trew Mar 09, 2010

My name Shynice Trew. I don't know who gave my card number to take money out, but I am currently deployed and I would like an e-mail stating that I will be recieving my money back.

• De
    delma Valencia Mar 09, 2010

i dont want to be charged this bill anymore i only used it once and i would like if u guy refund my 3 months my number is 415 793-6266 name Delma Valencia. thank you

• La
    La Verne C. Spencer Mar 26, 2010

The ad on TV states get your free credit report, not to open a account. I have been charged 14.95 on my Visa account in
    which I donot need.

• Aa
    aamin Apr 03, 2010

I recently got into the same trouble, when I found a $14.95 charge from Info.FreeCreditReport.infoFCR.com
    I googled for the company information and stumbled upon a lot of complaints against this company about illegal credit card charges.

Here is how it happened, I went to the http://www.experian.com/ site.
    Clicked on Get your credit score and report - now here is where the users get scammed. They have put a important notice about the users putting into the Triple advantage membership, cancellation and charges. I think what most of the people (including me) misunderstood that if you follow the steps by clicking the advertisement they'll let you know at some point about the possible charges and membership. Which it does not.

Experian designed the whole process very interesting and tricky way (which might remind you of scamming)
    They charge you $1 (and donates that dollar) to get your credit card information, so that they can charge you later.
    All the information about charge and trial membership is only sent to you once by email when the account is set up.
    You'll never get another email even though you don't use the service. They'll just keep charging your credit card monthly.

All the information about the membership is always represented to the prospective customer. But they'll always put a distraction first before they disclose the information first. for example on the experian.com site, the distraction is the button which will lead you to get what you want (and a great deal for $1); now once you clicked on the link you missed the chance to see the important notice that says

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
    When you order your $1 Credit Report & Score, you will begin your 7-day trial membership in Triple Advantage®. If you don’t cancel your membership** within the 7-day trial period, you will be billed $14.95 for each month that you continue your membership. You may cancel your trial membership anytime within the trial period without charge."

again when you get the membership email you'll find a glowing colored button saying access your account surrounded by a lot of texts when at the end (at the bottom) it says,

"Remember that your free trial membership is available for 9 days from the date you enrolled. To continue enjoying full access to all the benefits that membership has to offer, no action is required and the credit card used to enroll will be billed at the prevailing monthly rate. However, if you wish to cancel your membership, call us at 1-877-284-7942 before your free trial expires and your card will not be charged."

Legally I don't know if you can do anything. I would way its a improper business practice since the customers are getting confused and Experian should really clear the process more transparent so the users don't miss the hidden charges.

Now what you can do about it. You can call the number 866-578-5408 (you can get the number from http://info.freecreditreport.com/TakeAction.aspx) and tell the whole story. You'll need to emphasize on the facts that you had no clear idea and you didn't want it. They might want to offer some alternate memberships or lower the membership fee. Consider what suits you. But if you don't want the service then keep asking to get the refund. One more suggestion that I can give you is, threatening them about complaining works (as they also get the point that they'll not achieve anything out of this deal by bulling customers).

They promised to refund my money in 7-10 days and canceled the membership (I got a confirmation email). But that took me about half an hour argument with the lady over the phone.

Downside of the deal is you personal data is stored in their server now (as a part of the membership which you probably didn't know about) and you can not remove it even if you want to.

Goodluck getting your money back.

• Fe
    feliciamilton Apr 11, 2010

I WANT TO KNOW WHY I'M GETTING CHARGED FOR SOMETHING I DON'T USE. I CANCELLED THIS BEFORE AND WAS REFUNDED MY MONIES. WHY IS IT YOU'RE STILL TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS!!! I AM UNEMPLOYED AND I NEED MY MONEY, SO WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT MY REFUND?

• Ar
    Arlla Krygowski Apr 26, 2010

I did not authorize 14.95 to be billed to my credit card monthly.

• Jw
    J W in Tennessee Apr 29, 2010

I too was scammed about the "Free Credit Report".com. I was getting a new loan for a home refinance, so I was
    directed from a new action on the interet to go to "Free Credit Report".com which I did. There "IS" simply nothing "FREE" about this site. They charged me & the next day, 3/10/10 a charge of $24.95 appeared on my credit card and then on3/19/10 a charge of $14.95 appeared. It is now April & yet another charge on 4/19/10 has been billed to my credit card of $14.95. All together "FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM has SCAMMED me of $69.80 in 6 weeks. I've called their customer service & made sure that this account is cancelled. Of course there is no "REFUNDS" of money. You just have to swallow it & go on. I"m a senior citizen
    and social security is my only income & I'm also disabled.

This site is totally misleading & does not tell you the whole story. Don't get caught in their trap.

J W in Tennessee

• Li
    Linda M Dion May 16, 2010

I too have been scammed for $24.95and called and canceled and less then thirty days later I have a charge for $14.95. this charge acurred over the weekend and on Sunday when discovered they are closed. I will be calling tomorrow at six AM and this will stop.They have on right to do this to people . I wish I knew the fisical where abouts of this Company because Iwould pay them a visit and put an end to this once and for all.

Jackson Lady May 25, 2010

I did not order this.

Jackson Lady May 25, 2010

This was not order

• Am
    A. Melanson Jun 02, 2010

I would like to cancel this account. It is coming out of my checking account every month but I never used it. Stop taking the money out or I shall have to go further. You cause me to overdraw my account almost every month and I cannot afford this any longer. I only have social security to live on.

• Ro
    rozali Jul 03, 2010

This company has made an unauthorized charge of $14.95 to my PayPal Account! I thought that I was on the FREE Credit Report.com website that was shown on TV Advertisements, this company is taking advantage of everyone, and invading our personal information while ripping us off !! Something needs to be done and I agree with another person that said 'LAWSUIT '.
    Roz

• Na
    napher Jul 07, 2010

I too was taken by these scam artists. I can't figure out how to get ahold of them to cancel, they've taken out 14.95 for months now cause I can't figure out how to reach them. Can anyone help me?

Anthony Martin Jul 21, 2010

I would like to cancel my account. Please stop taking money out of y checking account.

• Su
    sun1022 Jul 28, 2010

Same thing happened to me also. Is there any way we can sue this company?

• Ra
    Raymond Larry Shelton Aug 06, 2010

To: INFO.FREECREDITREPORT. INFOFCR.COMCA

You have been taking $14.95 out of my account and do not respond to requests to cancel the account. I am formally demanding you close my account. This is illegal and I will prosecute charges if it is not immediately cancelled and the charges reversed. You may obtain my bank info by calling me. I will provide my info on secure window.
    Larry Shelton
    Vancouver, WA 98664
    Bank of America

• Ri
    ricklaird2 Aug 09, 2010

I just got off the phone with them. I got a refund for 6 months. The operator stated that there was no refund because it was clearly stated that it was a recurring charge on the email and the web site.

I told the operator that she is well aware of the scam they are running and that I am looking at a website as we speak of others who have been scammed the same way I was.

I said that if you do not give me a refund Iwill spend every spare minute I have posting thier name on every scam site I can find.

I was put on hold for about 5 minutes and the she informed me that I would recieve a full refund.

Worked for me, (for once)

Hope it works for you.

• De
    Del-Rey Gardner Dec 11, 2010

We have a card that we rarely use that has been being charged $29.90 for something our daughter got for free over a year ago. we want it stopped now, please. How do we contact the company directly? Comtact me please at [email protected]

Cheryl Peagler Dec 31, 2010

I do not known why this is showing up on by bank statement.
    But I WANT IT OFF!!!

Cheryl Peagler Dec 31, 2010

If this is not cleared OFF my account and I am not reimbursed all MONIES I will SUE!!!

Cheryl R. Peagler

I MEAN IT!!!
    Cheryl Peagler

Angie Johnson Jan 02, 2011

Angie Johnson Jan 02, 2011

I cancelled my account back in the summer and now I am being billed from Info.freecreditreport.infofcr.com CA. I was informed by Free credit Report that my account was cancelled and now I am being billed by Info.freecredit report when I do not want their service. You may obtain my info by calling if this is not taken care I will sue you

• Ha
    Harendra Jani Jan 14, 2011

I order free credit report and I was charged by free credit report.INFOFCR.COM CA for 14.95, privacy matter identity membership 29.95, and credit score comp. for another 29.95 plus they chrged me another five dollar in the amount of $ 1 and $2
    With this complaint please cancell all my charge and give me credit on my master card.
    Harendra Jani
    26 roberts rd. Holmdel NJ. 07733

Manuiel R.Villa Jan 18, 2011

On the Dec 8th 2010 Card member Service (Visa) Card it is showing two charges.
    Ref # 5329 $14.95 and Ref #4316 $24.95
    I am requesting that this account be completely CANCELLED in it's Entirety.I am on a fixed income and am having a hard time keeping up with my tight budget .I am having to cancel other items that do not cost me any money.
    Cost of living is hurting us Senior Citizens.
    Manuel R.Villa 1206 Edgewood, Las Cruces NM 88005

• Rh
    Rhonda S Powell Jan 23, 2011

I have called several times in the past with problems logging into the site to verify my credit report. AGAIN I AM TRYING, AND AGAIN IT DON'T WORK. I AM A MEMBER AND HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR THE MEMBERSHIP FOR A COUPLE YEARS THAT DON'T WORK. I CAN NOT FIND A PHONE # TO STOP THE CHARGES. CLEARLY THE WEB ADDRESS DON'T WORK. CAN YOU ASSIST ME IN THIS MATTER PLEASE?

• Pe
    peykash Feb 17, 2011

I went in to get my FREE credit report and seen on my checking I was charged $14.95!!! they decided it was not free!!! Please cancel this I only need to read it once a year for FREE!!!

• Le
    Levert Solomon Mar 01, 2011

Whose It May Concern :
    Please cancel this account. I want my $19.95 refund back to me . My account Number is 5015.
    374478992 You bill me on 02/21/11. Do not take any more money out of my credit card. Somehow i was connected to info. free-
    credit report. infofcr.com CA. I want this account cancelled now.

Levert Solomon

Sarah_Fisher Mar 06, 2011

I did not order anything from this company yet they charged my bank account $14.95. Who are these people and how do they get away with stealing from me?

JaneFairchild2 Mar 25, 2011

This is such a SCAM. I do not approve this at all and do not want to be charged any further. If I am charged any longer from this company I will be taking further action. You can get your one time a year FREE CREDIT REPORT by contacting directly the 3 Federal known agencies for Credit Reports. I have not approved this and do not want to continue and I expect a full credit refund. Also, I do not appreciate not having contact number(s) and/or addresses to this company on this site. This even makes me WONDER what kind of SCAM this is. Thank you.

JaneFairchild2 Mar 25, 2011

If you do not take my name off your contact list and also credit my account for this SCAM - I will be taking further action. We were charged $7.47 on 02/24/2011 for your services and I did not approve this. Please cancel this account immediately. I want this $7.47 credited back to my account. I do not have an account number because I have no information on file. Do not take any more money out of my credit card effective immediately on 3/24/2011. I too want this account cancelled now... I would contact you but since there is not contact information anywhere I do not know how to contact you. So consider this your written notice effective NOW on 03/24/2011 - CANCELLED in full.

• Un
    Unhappy customer 200000 Apr 15, 2011

I called the number several times to cancel something I did not know I requested. I thought it was a free trial. I kept it for a year to try it since they were charging me. I received absolutely nothing from it. So I tried to cancel Both times they sent out a letter to try and have me keep it, both times I replied cancel. I have just tried for the third time. When I called today they stated this was the first time they have noted that I tried to cancel. I want my money back for the last year at least. But companies that are unscrupulous will never return money. They are theives through misconceptions and untruths.
    If it is not stopped this time I am hiring an attorney. Also everyone should do as I did and report the company to the Better Business Bureau so maybe other people will know before falling for their scam.

• Pa
    Pat Doughty Apr 16, 2011

I paid my Visa card off with no balance last month. got charge from above for $29.90, I did not order this credit report.and there is no phone # to call and discuss this illegal charge.help

• Li
    Linda Burgess May 04, 2011

My name is Linda Burgess and I am being charges a recurring amount on my bankcard.
    They have taken two payments in a weeks time.
    I want this cancelled and my money returned. The ad said it was free and now am getting charged
    double.

Linda Burgess
    3407 Grovewood Ave
    Parma Oh 44134

• Mi
    mike kennedy May 26, 2011

I t is a scam, freecreditreport.com .I had to call the phillepeans to get my charges droped.I cancelled months ago someone should do something about them.It is a good scam.

• Ju
    Judith Velasquez Jul 14, 2011

I want to cancel my freecredit report effective immediately
    Judith N Velasquez
    773 Hitching Post Road
    Grants Pass, Oregon 97526
    e-mail address [email protected]

• Tu
    Tuyen Hoang Dec 18, 2011

HI, my sister had borrowed my ebay credit card paid for her credit report (just one time)But i saw my paypal account you automatic charge Nov-11-2011:$19.95, ID#75309569VHY4P4TV4&Dec-11-2011:$19.95.ID#7530956ATMLL2QPT1.I want you stop to charge to my paypal account & cancel her freecredit report immediately .Because this 's my Credit card not her card.Thanks
    Tuyen v Hoang
    11 South Texas Ave, Atlantic City, NJ.08401
    Email:[email protected]

• Ug
    UghAndErr Jan 17, 2012

Me too!!! How do we stop this??!! This is crazy! I cancelled it last year and they did stop charging me now all of a sudden there's a charge on my bank statement! I know i didn't sign up for it!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices