FILE A COMPLAINT

Impact Knowledge InstituteImpact Knowledge Institute Scam

IMPACT KNOWLEDGE INSTITUTE - This company and their people contacted me and charged me a sum of $8200 to make me an instant success and my own home business selling stuff online. They promised I would make back my money in the first 2 to 3, this has not happened. Eight months later and I have not recovered ANY of the money I invested. These guys are thieves!! I have complained to my coach, the salesperson, and the other person I spoke to and have never in my life been treated so disrespectfully. When they do answer the phone they do not listen to you they talk over you and are insulting. These people know they are stealing money from unsuspecting people through this scam, they promise to teach you how to make thousands of dollars online. THIS IS A COMPLETE LIE! Impact Knowledge didnt teach me anything except take my money! STAY FAR AWAY!

• Ca
    CaliGurl223 Sep 26, 2013

Say_No_To_SCAMMERS Dec 12, 2013

The sales people in this company are very dishonest, and misleading. The service for the price is useless.
    On March 21, 2013 I got a phone call from a salesman who said he was calling from Impact Knowledge Institution and that he wanted to interview me to see if I qualified for their program to help me make some serious money. He explained to me that all of the internet success videos found online were only successful because they were basically "walked by the hand" by this business and that this business made their money from advertising these success videos and that they wanted to make me successful so that they could fly me to Vegas to do a success video of me. He asked me a series of questions including a bunch of questions about my credit and then told me that I qualify for the program but that I had to put down $500 upfront to get started, which he said I should "easily get back in about 3 sales." I borrowed the money from my brother and I made the downpayment. He then had me write down a bunch of numbers that I would need for registering my business. He had me sign a contract so fast that I didn't even know that all that I would really get from this is 9 half hour lessons (one a week for 9 weeks) and that it covers NONE of the costs of putting a website together, hosting, or advertising, they are literally making around $690.00/hour with no expenses and the lessons weren't even that productive. My coach spent whole sessions teaching me how to use things like facebook and ebay and twitter which I told her that I already knew how to use and I didn't want to waste all the time I was paying for for this but we did. In the end I had put around 100 hours into my website and paid an ADDITIONAL $1000 in having a website created and paying super expensive hosting that they told me to use (39.95/month) And even with following through the whole program and putting many many hours into the business daily I couldn't even make a single sale from the website. The program is supposed to include being able to ask my coach questions at any time but I would leave her a message such as how to make my product search bar work on my website and she would take a couple of weeks to respond, and then when she finally responded she gave answers like "I talked with other coaches and they said to just take it off your site" which is ridiculous on a site of over 14, 000 products! What exactly did I pay for?

Nomar S Jan 30, 2014

Services were misrepresented on sales call. Phone calls pour in from lots of numbers and different companies. Can't keep track of who is who.
    In December of 2012 I purchased enrollment into a program I was lead to believe was going to help me start up my own website to sell products from distributors(who I was told would be sought out for me) with COMPLETE MARKETING SOLUTIONS/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS.Then I signed a contract emailed from a Impact KI representative which used the name 'COMPLETE MARKETING SOLUTIONS/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS' for the whole contract. It said that COMPLETE MARKETING SOLUTIONS/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS would be conducting my lessons, which I was later told was done by Impact KI. When I asked Impact KI about COMPLETE MARKETING SOLUTIONS/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS, they said they had no affiliation with them (they just sold their products and services). They couldn't even provide me with a telephone number. Obviously confusing to me because everything in the contract(from an Impact KI representative)was under the name COMPLETE MARKETING SOLUTIONS/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS. Never once did it mention Impact KI or explain how it was a separate business that I was taking the program with.
    Then, in a separate installment agreement contract, the company was listed as Internet Marketing Success Team (which Impact KI representative told me they had never heard of).
    So a lot of weird things happen once you sign up. You are constantly contacted with information on how to improve your business (for a price of course). Impact KI claims they are not affiliated with these companies yet these company's representatives knew details about Impact KI, even who my coach was and what her personality was like. So after paying $1000 upfront and setting up payments for another $3400, I also purchased a $1700 and $1200 service from Precision Corporate Services for Business credit help and tax help.Again told by Impact KI it is not them, but somehow all these companies are receiving my contact information and claiming to be part of the program. The calls never stop. And after 4 months of them, asking for more money that you don't have, I stopped answering. I think this is completely understandable. I busted my butt to try to make the website work. No real tools, other than pretty basic info, were given without having to spend extra money. So I pay $4000 to Impact KI to get 8 half hour sessions(which were normally about 25 min) of basic info and access to a website that gives the same basic info? The website does offer some additional info to the phone sessions but still nothing that is worth even close to $4000. On this website, they give you links to drop shipping companies. The sites for my niche market were terrible. I informed my coach of this. She then sent me a list of additional sites to try. They were the same sites I found with one quick google search. Obviously no time was put into looking into these companies. Which is fine, but not for a $4000 service.
    The more I look into things, there more I notice strange things going on. There are multiple addresses for Impact KI including UT and Lake Worth, FL. There also seems to be many companies claiming to be associated with and seeming to be part of, Impact KI. But when problems arise Impact KI blames it on these companies. Which they couldn't even give me a phone number to. So no number for a company that sold your services? Impact KI only offers more of their sessions which were not very affective in the first place.
    Nothing in this program is worth $4000 dollars. During the sales process, much of what you are told is included in the program is not. What is Impact KI's affiliation with all these other company's?? In closing, I showed the example websites from Impact KI (including my coaches websites) to a local internet marketing business. He looked at them and laughed. Said they were very elementary. I told them I spent $4000 for there e-commerce program and I don't even want to write his reaction to that. I feel like I have been had.

• Bi
    bizlinkx Mar 14, 2014

If these idiots call you all you have to tell them is you have all the money you need and tell them you're not looking to make any money online you're just using your website for hobby purposes. Trust me these idiots called me and after I didn't qualify for their stupid program they hung up the phone on me. When I tried to call them back the number doesn't work lol.
    If you know what's good for you take it from the guys above these people are scam artist.

They had the nerve to tell me they were with my hosting company. Little did he know I was upset with my hosting company for not answering my support tickets. When I complain to the fact, he changed his mind and said I'm not with the hosting company, I purchased your name from the hosting company which I know was a lie because I had that hosting account for over a year and I've never received any calls from salesman.

SarahJ44 Apr 11, 2014

Just got a call yesterday from a place called Impact Knowledge Institute trying to sell me into a coaching and training program for $4, 400!! They asked me about my available credit and after that, the price of the program became exactly what I could pout on my remaining Amex card! Wow! What a coincidence! These guys are dirtbags. Afte I told the salesguy (Josh I think) that I wanted to pray about it he said, "Sure... go pray and stay broke". That sealed the deal for my. Does he think that using that type of tactic would make me want to buy their garbage? The call cam from: 855-888-9956 - PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL IF THESE PEOPLE CALL YOU!!!

• Jr
    JRM Global Enterprises Apr 17, 2014

We are going through the same thing now and are trying to get out. It is a scam we are being made to follow our tails around like a dog on nothing that will help us grow a business.

• Mh
    M Hamilton Jun 30, 2014

I wish I had read all of the above comments BEFORE I paid $7, 900 and another $1, 750 to Impact Knowledge Institute and their affiliate companies to get started in an online business. They are so professional sounding and promise many things to help get you started -- like getting your business a tax ID number and making your business an LLC so that you can have a better reputation with drop shippers-- They scam you out of your money promising to provide a service and extensive training to get you started. They promise to be available if you have any questions or concerns, then won't answer the phone when you call. Last Friday we had a coaching session scheduled and the phone rang three times before I picked it up. The coach had hung up and we tried for over an hour to call him back to no avail. Then I received a rude sarcastic email from him stating we need to take our business seriously and that he cant help us if we don't want help and are not prepared for our coaching sessions. There are so many things I can say, but the bottom line is : Don't buy into this scam. You can buy and sell on Ebay on your own without spending $10, 000.

• Un
    Unsold Jul 12, 2014

Did anybody get their money back from the companies that finance Impact Ki? Please post.

• Un
    Unsold Jul 12, 2014

Did anyone get their money back from the two business that finance Impact Ki? If so how.

• Wa
    WalkersD2 Jul 29, 2014

Impact Knowledge Institute in St. George, Utah was supposed to help with getting me started with my own web site, from the $9, 700.00 charge that they put on my charge thought they would do more then call once a week for a few weeks, found out that I had to pay for everything that would start up a site, this one coach we very helpful at first until I told him about having this company to get me a tax ID etc, he got upset(I called him because he asked me to when I sold 2 items on face book.I can’t afford this mainly because of the great amount of money you STOLE from me, that was my money to start up and thought it would be but no it was just to hear people talk for a few minutes a week during a so called coaching call?? And Impact Knowledge Institute suppose to help me with all of these things!! They told me to call him the next day, so I called everyday for 3 days and left messages on both phones and Impact never got back with me. They kew it was because his company would not get more money out of me for that TAX ID, was very irritated and do not think they should keep my $9, 700.00, thats all I had on my charge and could not go forward with this if I wanted to since they took it all, all the costs etc thought that was what the $9, 700.00 was for, they won't refund it or even part of it, and I will tell anyone and everyone I can about this company, why $9, 700.00? for what? Now I know that the license and tax id costs what? $15, 000 to $20, 000? You have to be rich just to get a website and go on line, everyone wants a piece of the pie and the pie is gone and I hope you are happy with yourselves, can’t afford to go on, never was told about ALL these hidden costs that adds up so darn high, and for Impact Knowledge to charge a monthly charge on top of what has been taken from me, can’t believe you charge that price for what you offer, how do you think I can do this with your company taking my money, have none to continue with all these charges and won’t go on and get in any deeper.I can't afford to just give them money like that and then to get snubbed by this person that is not what I call professional, left so many messages each day an NEVER called back, just heart sick over the whole thing.this is part of the email that I sent I have a good reason to give a great testamony on how to be taken with out even knowing it, now I also know why they hung up on me after telling me to call him the next day and didn’t want to hear about the 2 items that was sold on ebay that he wanted me to call Impact Knowledge Institute so he could help me through it, he didn’t want anything to do with me once he found out that I signed up with Impact Knowledge Institute for a tax ID and license, he got mad because Impact Knowledge Institute would be out of that money and then to offer to do a web site at a price is like a slap in the face after taking over 4, 100$ which is terrible for what you do.I can’t believe that you people can sleep with a clear conscience of what you do to people like me.Believe me those 3 days that I tried to call Impact Knowledge Institute and they IGNORED my calls will be told, call anytime day or night, won’t answer you anyways, thank you very much Impact Knowledge... don’t think you are getting away with it either.

• Br
    bross112 Oct 02, 2014

I got the same result- Nothing but a SCAM! Stay away from IMPACTY KNOWLEDGE INSTITUTE!!!

Charles Kay Oct 02, 2014

SCAMMED FOR $17, 000!!! I was called and called back in August 2013. They convinced me to pay them $1000 on my credit card as a down payment and the rest was a finance loan. I have to pay for more than 5 years this loan! I worked with My Coach Melonie Campos. SHe was very nice, but not too helpful. I was told that my coach would get my website built quickly and loaded with products. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN! After becoming frustrated, I decided to lookup Melanie and found her "expert" background was that she worked at Walmart for 4 years as a Cashier!!! SO here complete "expert" background (which was supposed to enable her to teach me everything I needed to become a successfull Internet businessman was the following:

MELANIE CAMPOS RESUME FROM LINKEDIN (https://www.linkedin.com/pub/melanie-campos/45/86a/779)
    2002: Graduated from Pine View High School
    2004-2008: Cashier/CSM - Walmart: CSM - Handle cash, managed cashiers and front end
    2007-2009: Cashier - Walmart: Rang up people, answered questions
    2011-Present: Business Coach - Impact Knowledge Institute: I coach new business owners in how to build and develop their online business. We use eBay and niche websites!

So to summarize: Melanie's "extensive background" in Internet marketing, eBay, and Websites which qualified her to teach people that paid more than $17, 000 is working for Walmart as a cashier!! No wonder it never worked. I called my credit card company and filed a dispute/chargeback, but the company fought me a won becuase they said it was past 3 days. I only had 3 days to cancel. If I had known what I do now I would never have done this!!!