IMC Clearwater FlordiaHarassing phone calls to my cell phone

I have received many harassing phone calls. The calls started last week Friday, October 30, 2009. The First few phone calls no one would give me any information about the company other than "they had some exciting news for me" and that "I could be a big winner" When I started to ask questions they would hang up on me and cuss me out. I tried to call the 866 # back, but it is a non working number.

Yesterday I was able to get out of a man that they got my cell phone # because I am a VISA holder.

This morning I was able to get the company name out of the man who called stating they were a magazine company but when I googled them... all I could find is a financial company which would a line with the how.

When I asked for a manager the man I was already talking to said that he could help me and I asked for his full name and he hung up on me.

I am VERY skeptical of this company and find them to be very harassing. I have asked several times that my phone number be removed from the list and that they are NOT to call again and I keep getting calls.

I am not sure what else I can do, but if this is a common complaint... this place should be SHUT DOWN.

• Jj
    JJ1234 Nov 14, 2009

I too had many calls from them. It started about two weeks ago, I saw the 866# and when I picked up and said hello they hung up. Didn't put any attention, but during the daytime while I'm at work they call at least 5 times a day. I haven't picked up after the 1st hang up. I always say to myself "if its that important they can leave a message." This morning around they woke me up aroun 8:30 because I didn't go to bed till around 3am. I finally said hello and they said they have some very exciting news that I am in the drawing for $1million and that I will get these magazines and change them for FREE, and choose different magazines for FREE for 48 months with a simple cost of 4.60 per week (that's $478.00 for 2 years+VISA CARD FEES). Sounds a bit strange but I can get a year subscription of magazines for only $19.99/yearly. I know what this is, I knew its a scam cause they kept asking me what kind of card do I have and my VISA card number. I said kindly, no thank you I'm not interested. The sales/scam rep kept insisting and said that I'm missing a great opportunity. And that as a valued customer I will get $1, 000 shopping spree, free watch, 3 nights at Florida or Vegas...etc.
    Now I've seen this before too, the shopping spree coupon is valid for items up to $1K. But you have to pay for Shipping. Say you see an item valued at $55, well you have a coupon voucher for $1, 000 so that item is taken care of except shipping. Now the shipping for that item is $29. You have to pay different shipping for every item. You call get something at $1, 000 but you'll be paying well over 600 in just shipping. Sounds kinda fishy huh? And the FREE trip? Well you have to be over 25 years of age and attend a seminar and must pay booking fees and travel fees??? Doesn't sound free does it? Oh the watch? It is a cheap made in CHINA piece of junk that you can get at Wal-Mart for $10 bucks. By the way those items in the shopping spree, are worthless. They are poorly made and manufactured in CHINA or other poor 3rd-4th World Country. So the made close to $3, 500 in profit for that what you will sign up for and only cost them $8.00/hrly for the poor employee who got fired from a Burger Joint.

• Ji
    Jim00 Jan 25, 2010

Making posts to let people know is a good place to start but if you really want it to stop then you must TAKE ACTION!

File a complaint with the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) at www.fcc.gov

These companies are subject to fines in the 1, 000's of dollars. I work one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world and can tell you that even when our customers tell us about these companies we take it very seriously.

I just finished filing my own complain on the FCC website against IMC after the little booger snickered at me for asking to be removed from his list. It took less than 8 minutes.

Stop complaining and take action. Together we can bring these scam artists to their knees!

-Jim

• My
    myke2487 Mar 30, 2010

I just received a call from them 2 hours ago... I reported them to the FCC and I hope action takes place soon. I mean the cases are very similar to many I have seen online about (source: /link removed/ and this site) So I hope they can be tracked and found soon!

• Er
    Eric34 Aug 20, 2010

I have been getting calls about every other day for a week on my cell phone.

Each time I answered I got dead air and then a click. I called back to see who they were and why they were calling me. After asking, the man on the phone said they were calling because I had a credit card and would be entered into a drawing for $1 million. They listed all the major credit cards as participating and I was thinking that is a heck of a lot of Americans to be in the running for a million dollars.

Then he started talking about a free "quartz watch" and magazines. I started to get suspicious. Finally I said "I'm not interested" and he said, "stay on the line for your chance to enter a $50, 000 drawing." After a second, a prerecorded female voice comes on and talks about "Predicto, the mobile craze..." then super-fast says something like "messaging rates and monthly fees apply".

So I sat there for a second, the message repeated, and I hung up. Not 10 minutes later I get a text from 654-654 saying this: "Last Chance reply YES 2play Predicto! Chance 4 $50, 000 GRAND PRIZE! HELP800.360.0518.$9.99 /m txt stop2cxl T&C- predicto.com Msg&data rates may aply Reply YES now"

I transcribed that exactly so you could see the weird blend of teenage abbreviation and bad formatting.

I am going to call them to make sure they are not charging me after searching this board for Predicto!

• Bi
    Bigfoot801 Jan 17, 2017

Wow. There are old posts. I'm getting calls at home from IMC about 2-3x a week. Of course I never answer and they never leave a message. Calls come in in the morning, middle of the afternoon and early evening. I guess it's time to file a complaint.