Imaginations CostumesTerrible customer service and products!

A halloween costume for a Beer Garden Girl by Cinema Secrets was purchased on 10/25/11 in a store called Imaginations in Myrtle Beach, SC. Because the costume had been tried on several times, once it was brought home, label instructions inside the costume stated "Machine Wash Cold. Tumble Dry Low." I spot cleaned a few grayish marks on the shoulders and then noticed the cleaning label. Being skeptical, I decided to gently wash the costume alone in the washing machine. Upon removal, I noticed several parts of the felt-like material that had completely fallen apart and several areas where the green felt-like material had bled into the white polyester sleeves. My biggest concern for a company as large as Cinema Secrets is "why would they put a label that states washing machine instructions if it will ruin the costume?!" I would never have thought that putting that type of material into the washer would be okay, but because it stated on the label, my thoughts were that it was. I understand certain materials are not upheld well in a washing machine and was the reason I was skeptical in the first place. However, both the store I purchased the costume from and the company, Cinema Secrets, from which it was made claimed to no returns or refunds. This leads me to believe that not only are they not confident in the product they produce and sell, but also they know that on the packaging where it says "Created from the best fabrics and finishes, all are Red Carpet ready" is a hoax. This product is not good quality and not made from fine fabrics. There may have been one day that this company stood by their product but from the looks of how this turned out, it is obvious they continue to produce poor quality products and rip people off for the high cost of a product that was never even worn! I recommend that you do not purchase products like this from the manufacturer "Cinema Secrets, " or the store "Imaginations" (in Myrtle Beach) and only stick to companies that stand by their products and issue refunds, exchanges, and/or returns for products that are obviously manufacturer defects and of poor quality, even HALLOWEEN COSTUMES, which apparently are a piece of crap. The people at Imaginations (the owner, herself) were rude, unhelpful, and could careless that they sold me a product that was of poor quality and I would never be able to use it. All they cared is that they already got my $60 for such a cheaply made costume and they even ran me out of their store so I wouldn't continue to tell other customers not to buy their products...trying to call the police on me for being upset about wanting to exchange my costume that was never worn! One of the store clerks who chased me out, also got in my face and said something about assault and calling the police. I was immediately taken aback because this was a man getting in MY FACE and attempting to call the police for what, me trying to get my money back?! Basically I was accused of wearing the costume and then returning it. I would only recommend the large chain stores such as Target, Walmart, or the sort for these types of purchases in the future. Even upon contacting the actual manufacturer, I received no help and was told immediately that there were no refunds on halloween costumes. It appears that these companies bank off the fact that a costume is so poorly made, someone cannot even wash it to wear for a second time and they know what they are putting out there is crap!