Menu
Image Invites

Image Invites review: Invitations 27

Author of the review
9:19 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

So SAD! I used this company for 4 years for borthday party invitations and unfortunately never again. I first contacted MARLENE on Dec. 21st with my info, and didn't receive a response back until Dec. 26th. I then responded that day with a revised copy, and then didn't receive a response until Dec 31st, saying they would be to me w/in 1-3 days. That Monday was observed as a holiday, however I still did not receive my invitations until the following Sat. I ordered these 3 weeks prior, and still didn't get them when I was told I would, and had a total of 10 days with no repsonse. There was no out-of-office reply, or anything telling me why there was no reponse. By the time they arrived I had to make a ton of calls b/c it was too late to mail. MARLENE then never responded about a refund, or credit. When I called toask her about it, she was very rude, took no responsibility for the lack of communication on her end, and basically blamed me for orderiing around the holiday! So I will be DISPUTING the charge through my bank, and anyone else that has been burned I suggest you do the same. It' the only way you'll get your money back for crappy service.

Jan 10, 2012 5:57 pm EST

That's funny, "scam consumer". I've never been called that before, how many times has MARLENE'S business been called a scam? Numerous times. It was more than 1 day, and on her end, it was several days of no response. She wanted to refund me after I told her I was disputing the charge, and expects me to return the invites. BTW, the other comments aren't mine. I only have 1 account.

Jan 11, 2012 8:19 pm EST

How unfortunate, another person unsatisfied. There's only 1 lady running the whole thing. Call her phone continuously is all I can say. That's what I did. Not that it helped, she was just rude, and as of today I still haven't received a refund. But at least I got to tell her what I think of her crappy so called "business">.

Jan 12, 2012 4:05 pm EST

I do want to say I received my refund today. I don't think I would have got it had I not disputed the charges, but never the less, I got my money back. Still, I will never use this company again, aside from just poor service, Marlene just showed poor character.

Jan 14, 2012 1:37 pm EST

Seriously! That sounds like a great plan! Let me know if you do start your own busiiness, I'll definitely use you! Good luck, I'm confident you'll get your get your money back. All you bank has to do is google her and they'll see your not the first to have a problem with her. I really don't see how she'll stay in business.

More Image Invites reviews & complaints

Image Invites - Refund 12
Image Invites - Business is an absolute joke
27 comments
Jonathan Paul
Johnson City, US
Jan 30, 2014 12:11 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

If you are on Facebook, there is an option where you can report imageinvites's facebook page as spam/scam. Can anyone who has had a bad experience with this company do that? Or if you are on yahoo, you can send a report to yahoo small business abuse form to report illegal or offensive behavior. Maybe if enough of us do these things, this company will be removed from yahoo and facebook!

Jonathan Paul
Johnson City, US
Jan 30, 2014 8:11 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Order placed 01-14-14. Very quick response on 01-15-14 with a proof for approval. I replied with a go-ahead for printing the same day. Today is 01-30-14 and no invitations. No email. No call backs. Been calling every hour since yesterday. Emailed her 2 times in last 2 days. This is so very sad that anyone can have a business that looks so great on their website. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO ONE EVER USE THIS LADY'S SERVICES!

U
U
Upset Aunt
Doral, US
Jan 24, 2014 6:17 pm EST

I ordered custom invites on January 13, 2014. I approved the proof on January 15, 2014. Today is January 24 and I have yet to hear from "Marlene." She is completely unprofessional. Does not return calls or emails and does not comply with her 24 turn around time as she states on her website. These invites were for my niece's FIRST birthday party. She should be ashamed of herself. Marlene, you run a business where people depend on you to announce celebrations. WILL NEVER ORDER FROM HERE AGAIN. I will be disputing my charges.

Nov 13, 2013 6:54 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I want to put this scam artist, heartless @#$%& out of business. What does it take?

eneal87
Jacksonville, US
Nov 12, 2013 2:03 pm EST

It's been two weeks, no reply I spent $40, no invites received nothing. I have called a million times. I will not let this issue rest, we need to bring this woman down, this is fraud and robbery.

P
P
paininyourassbitch
ypsilanti, US
Oct 30, 2013 9:04 am EDT

I ordered invites the beginning of October and Marlene never responded about what the invites should say so I emailed her and she responded with the proof quickly but then I OKed them and now I'm not getting a response of when I should receive them or a refund. Its been a few weeks now and I'm pretty pissed. Marlene, this might not be important to you but it is to me. I chose your company for my sons first birthday invited and you took the money and fell off the face of the Earth. Wtf Marlene? If you are not going to promptly do business then get off of the business. You are pissing off more people than you are keeping happy. I do not recommend your business to anyone. I promise you that we are not done. You will continue to hear from me until I get a damn response !

Monterubio
Burbank, US
Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm EDT

Wow, Marlene! How can you sleep at night? How can you take away from a 7 year old with no kidneys, looking forward to the invitations you promised? How can you take money from her 10 different medications needed to keep her stable for your keeping when it was not earned?

I am very upset with this process and will do whatever I can to ensure people know you are not reliable. Here we are folks, October 28th and I have yet to hear from Marlene, or anyone at Image Invites about our order that was placed over a month ago. My daughter's party came and went!

Talk to the media...it's going down.

ladiesclub33
Redford, US
Sep 30, 2013 8:46 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OMG I wish I would have saw this before I ordered my invitations from here. Its been two weeks an no response from her with 3 emails an one phone call. My son's 5th birthday party is in three weeks.Im going to order from another source just tobe safe. This women should be put out of business with this form of customer service. I'm expericing the same actions as the other customers have. I'm so angery right now...

Marisol Celia, Esq.
Lawrence, US
Sep 10, 2013 1:48 pm EDT

My client had the same problem. She ordered invitations and she never received them. Between our client and our firm we have sent over 10 emails requesting a refund. My client was forced to buy new invitations. Image Invites defrauds its clients. It does not refund its clients and defrauds clients by its advertisement as giving fast and good service, we got neither.

xfootballx
Severn, US
Aug 13, 2013 9:25 am EDT

On December 18th, I had officially approved the proof invitation for my daughter's birthday party occurring on January 12th. I understand it would probably take 2 weeks because of the holiday coming up. However, I was okay with that. On December 28th,
I sent her an email asking for a verification that everything was on task to be completed soon, she responded that they were being shipped that Saturday, December 29th. I email her January 7th and let her know to cancel my order because the party is that weekend
and if she was done by December 28th I should have received the invitations by then. She responds later that evening with a printout of the shipping confirmation for that day. I tell her that she took too long to ship the invitations and that I wanted a refund.
I call as well. She doesn't answer my phone calls and never responds to my emails and needless to say I never received a refund. I received the invitations the Thursday before her party and promptly mailed them back to her.

Melz09
Summit, US
Aug 09, 2013 1:19 pm EDT

What a shame! Ordered invites from her 4 days ago and here i am waiting for a response. Called emailed many many times ! Hoping to get a response back about my refund?

Jun 24, 2013 10:16 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I think Edward C was paid to post his comment.

EdwardC
Boston, US
May 29, 2013 11:06 am EDT

Just received my invitations in the mail! Total process time 5 days including shipping. My daughter loves her Lalaloopsy invitations. I'm certainly glad I read this thread after receiving my order. I have no complaints with My ordering experience with image invites. Cards are beautiful in person.

Lauren8685
East Haven, US
May 01, 2013 1:16 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Image invites...What a scam I ordered Sunday and got a generic email back from her. Never to hear from here again. The 48 hour waiting period is over...now its 3 days later no response in emails or in phone calls. I left messages and emails. This is disgusting and for a 2 year olds party. She should be ashamed of herself! DISGUSTING! DO NOT BUY FROM HER!

Michelle_NY
Rochester, US
Apr 25, 2013 8:16 am EDT

I placed an order on 4/2/2013. I approved the proof on 4/9/2013 only after I had to email her asking if the proof was ready yet. On 4/15/2013 I had to email Marlene asking if the invitations were completed yet. She said they were completed and shipped 1-3 day priority. On 4/22/2013 after still not receiving my invites I emailed her asking for the tracking number, she never responded. Today is 4/25/2013 and I still have yet to receive my invitations. Emails have gone unanswered and my phone calls are sent directly to voicemail after only 1 ring. Marlene prides herself on a "Mommy Run Buisness" which I am all for supporting. However, I will not support a business that takes advantage of other parents simply trying to do something nice for their children. I too have disputed the charge (no receipt was ever sent to me either) with my credit card company. Marlene either needs to revamp her business or close it down. Why use Image Invites when you can use Shutterfly and receive your order when it is promised?

T
T
TH 1000
Apr 15, 2013 2:53 pm EDT

I ordered invitations on March 22-23rd timeframe and had a quick turnaround time for proofs. Unfortunately, I've still not received my approved order:( Very disappointing. I can't recall 100% but I think I had this issue before with this same company. Just send through the mail or at least email a copy of the file so I can print off myself! I just had to spend another $20 some dollars on new invites, thankfully an invite I can save & send off to print.

jlk429
Feasterville, US
Apr 11, 2013 11:59 am EDT

So after I left a lot of negative comments she finally TEXTED me! Apparently that is how you do business these days? Promised me the invitations would be there when I got home. Blamed the post office. And were they there when I got home? Of course not! This woman is a scam artist, a fraud and a liar! Whatever you do, DO NOT use her company!

jlk429
Feasterville, US
Apr 10, 2013 12:34 pm EDT

I too wish I had seen this before ordering. My order was supposably shipped on 3/29. It is 4/10 and I have received nothing. I have called probably 100 times and heard nothing. I have emailed. I am so upset because now I am forced to get the regular invitations. I will be disputing the claim with my credit card company.

xfootballx
Severn, US
Jan 10, 2013 9:17 am EST

Wow, I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me. I have ordered from her in the past and this time around Christmas again, the invitation came late. I am asking for a full refund. She has not responded yet. I will post a response if I hear from her.

Sep 10, 2012 5:23 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Invitations never arrived - as expected after reading the hundreds of complaints online since ordering. How does this woman stay in business?

rshaw
Aug 30, 2012 4:12 pm EDT

Same experience as above. Marlene is as rude as can be, unresponsive, and ureliable. I wouldn't use this company again if the service were provided free. She is the WORST!

K
K
KJ23
Weston, US
Jul 13, 2012 10:08 am EDT

The website says fast turnaround... yea right. I ordered my prints on a Wed, July 4th, sent the information I needed on Thurs, July 5th (next day). She (Marlene) notified me that I was missing location details on the 6th, along with a proof. I sent her back the details immediately and asked her to please take the seat belt to the stroller out of the 2nd picture. On July 9th, I finally got another proof with the seat belt still in it. I had to ask if she could not do it and she replied "No". It's the easiest thing in the world to crop a picture, so I did it and sent it back the same day (July 9th). I then emailed her July 10th, asking when I could receive my invited... no answer. I then finally requested a refund, which I received today July 13th. Its a template... you put three pictures behind it and copy and paste the information I give you. How hard could that be? Poor customer service with no responses or ignoring my questions for an ETA. Will never order from them again.

BW2213
Jan 14, 2012 3:20 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

So glad to hear you received a refund. Hopefully all the calls, emails and posts helped. I hope it will help me too, as I officially gave up today. No calls, no emails, no info at all from "MARLENE"...
Hubby and I are working on our new invites now, talk about a rush job...
This all inspired me to investigate starting my own business. I KNOW I will give way better customer service and quality product. We're looking into high quality graphic/photo printers this weekend! All it took was this aggravation to push me in the correct direction. Such a shame. Hopefully others will see these posts before placing an order with her. I'm emailing BBB next and calling my credit card company as well. Thanks for the support and updates. We should start our own Image Invites Support Group! LOL

BW2213
Jan 11, 2012 8:04 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I wish I would have seen this before placing my order. I've gone a few days now without a response. Not happy so far. I just wish someone would have the courtesy to get back to me. They are already late on their 24 hour turn around. So I'm assuming my invites won't make it on time either...

Jan 10, 2012 5:04 pm EST

Thanks for creating multiple accounts to respond.

Jan 10, 2012 5:03 pm EST

Disagree

Jan 10, 2012 4:49 pm EST

We kindly issued a FULL refund for an order we processed and shipped. Consumer complained about a ONE day postal delay and expected our company to be liable! Also used/kept invitations! Scam consumer!

Learn how the rating is calculated

Write a review File a complaint

Image Invites contacts