IKEACustomer service

G Jun 28, 2020

Hello,

I am currently at the IKEA in Charlotte North Carolina. Upon entering I had my emotional support dog with me in a stroller, they told me I could not come in, that only service learning dogs are allowed??? That definitely did not sound right. I was about to call my attorney, but then I had her call the manager who told the rude door person that that was not true and that emotional support was allowed however they still had me wait for her to the side for about 10 minutes while I was in a hurry, until someone else that wasn't called showed up!

This lady was also rude and very short with me and told me that I could bring my emotional support pet who has is but a tiny Shih Tzu but she had to be on a leash which is stupid because she's tiny and could get stepped on! A stroller that was zipped up mind you was way more convenient for everyone walking around, as the store was packed! I also would like to say that I drove all the way from Greensboro on a Sunday and I can't even get into the store because her leash which I never use in any store that I have been in is all the way back at home in Greensboro North Carolina! Charlotte is an hour and 15 minutes away!!

If I do not get an immediate response I will call my attorney as I have papers on my dog which they did not even ask to see she also has a collar on, that is nice and bright that says emotional support!!! I will be taking this up with the authorities and further if this is not resolved immediately! You do not have a sign anywhere that says an emotional support dog Hass to be on a leash and I have taken pictures!! I have also seen previously, many dogs in the store that were not on leashes and I am hoping that IKEA was not singling me out because I'm an African-American female!

I'll await a response.