IHOP Restaurants / I was kicked out for refusing to take food that was cold

Hey 152 mustankgoklahoma, United States Review updated:

I placed my online order at 9:02 am on 4/13. Order would be ready at about 9:17. I got there on time and my food wasnt ready, no big deal but after 30 MORE minutes I just wanted a refund and leave. The manager finally came out and tried to tell me i had been ready but the hostess was checking for me often so that wasnt true. I wanted a refund and leave. He argued with me about it being fresh, the boxes were barely warm. He insisted it had just been cooked so which was it?? Been sitting ready to go or just cooked? He got mad I still was refusing the food and didnt want to refund my money. Why did he ask for my credit card to eventually SLAM, YES HE SLAMMED cash in my hand, and the exact amount of cash my ticket was for??? He got loud and told me I was rude and told me to never come back to his store ever again. 45 minutes is not ok for the 2 meals we ordered. I had to ask twice for my card back especially since he gave me a cash refund!!! This meal should have been free anyways after our last ordered came with about a dozen ketchup packets covered in harden syrup holding them together.

IHOP Restaurants

Mi
Apr 13, 2019

Comments

• Gl
      May 07, 2019

March 25, 2019, my daughter and I went to our local IHOP and order I ordered a omlette, she ordered pancakes. While chewing my food I notice a small bit was crunchy and I though, eggshells, got back to the business of enjoying breakfast. I could not eat it all and brought the rest home where I warm it later and had it for dinner except I did not finish the meal. Again, while chewing I noticed a small bit was crunchy but this time I went after it and pulled out a small piece of what appeared to be a chip off a coffee cup or plate, it was small as ones front teeth. I did not know what to do about this then and I still do not know what to do. I have held onto the receipt and the plate with the tiny bit of glass in it because that is what is. I am attempting to reach out to corporate, I believe someone deliberately put that into my food. I was at the same restaurant the week before and again a bit of crunchy, I just thought it was eggshell then also but now I am not to sure. I am African American. I am old enough to remember when Denny's had to face court because it was proven that this, as well as other dangerous practices, was common to people of color in their restaurants, you can google this. I will post picture and if anyone have positive advice I am interested. No one, no one should go to a restaurant and unknowingly pay to have glass put in their food and worse, chew it. Screw a lawsuit, IHOP need to investigate this if this is not their practice and make the restaurant safe for ALL people of all CULTURES, men, women and children!