Igomogul.comScam Company

B

I signed up with this company being promised a weekly paycheck for writing articles and then posting articles on the web. I was also promised a website of my own that I could earn money online with my own store. I began the very night I signed up. I was promised a support call the very next day. It never came. I sent an email with a complaint of no support and that I needed someone to call me. I got a call from a man who sounded very aggravated that with me because I needed the call to be after my 9 – 5 job stopped. He gave me guidelines to the writing process and the call ended. I continued to write but no paychecks were coming as promised. After 3 weeks I got a check for $10.00. I waited another 2 weeks for a check of $10.00. I never received another check. I stopped writing and sent an email telling them since they can not pay small amounts on a timely basis I wanted to end this contract, which had a refund statement of after 90 days you could get a 100% refund. I sent complaint emails of needed support and never go a live person to contact me when I was able to talk to them. I had to create some extreame emails and only after that did I receive 5 emails with detailed instructions of how to update my website. I have not received any phone calls with a live person from their support. I was told I could call the help line and get support. That support is not available after 5:00. I have not touched the website and have not received any type of refund. If you are a housewife and want to post your kids pictures on the internet and you want to talk about your life this is a perfect site for you. If you are looking to make money DON’T TRY THIS SITE.

More Igomogul.com Complaints & Reviews

• Mu
    mufasa Aug 03, 2016

Igomogul.com developed website for me and I also applied for hosting with this company. During few years while I was their client they kept rising prices with no significant improvement in quality of their service. At some point my website went down and I wasn’t able to contact customer support at all.

• Do
    Dorris Aug 03, 2016

I signed up with this company and discovered everything they promised was a lie. I've finally figured out how this scam works. IGoMogul gets you to contract a website design through them. IGoMogul makes an account with GoDaddy listing you as the registrant; this is $10 a year. Once a person looks at the "who is" and sees they are the registrant they are convinced they control the domain name. If they look at the bottom they will discover that it says registrant can not delete, renew, transfer, or update the account. Should you call GoDaddy they will tell you that only the person or company with the log on, password, PIN or account number has control over the domain account. As such the person or company with that information can delete, renew, transfer, update, sell, give away, or close the account at any time without consent from the registrant or their knowledge. Should the website fail IGoMogul simply tells the registrant is it their fault. Should the website prove successful IGoMogul has the legal right to sell it and keep the money. Furthermore, the content placed on the website is copyrighted to whoever has the account information, so that also becomes the property of IGoMogul. IGoMogul can use GoDaddy design and development tools to create the site; this cost less than $50 a year.

At the end of the first 90, days IGoMogul demands more money, if you do not pay then they remove the ads from the free AdSense program and the website now requires a membership log in fee. If you want links added to your webpage IGoMogul asks for more money, again this is a free program that they do not pay for. The bottom line is that IGoMogul takes advantage of people who do not have the experience to realize everything provided by IGoMogul is free or costs less than $100 a year. IGoMogul also uses your Google account information to add Analytic, AdSense and the webmaster tool. All of these programs are free so IGoMogul pays nothing to use them. The webmaster tool is the most important one for IGoMogul to have access too. Should GoDaddy agree to transfer the domain account to you then IGoMogul still controls the website through the webmaster tool. Once IGoMogul has the code to the webmaster tool you are locked out and can not verify ownership of the website or use it. At this point it is a standoff, you can sell the domain name however IGoMogul is the only ones with access to what is added or removed from it. The website becomes worthless to both parties.

IGoMogul knows the odds are in their favor that they will not have to refund any money. Most people have used their credit cards to pay IGoMogul and are accruing interest, hiring a lawyer and the added expense of traveling back and forth to Phoenix is also beyond their means. Arizona small claims maximum is well below what most people have paid so they will take a loss if they pursue small claims and win. When faced with the options most people cut their losses, give up and go away. Should you file complaints with the Arizona BBB then IGoMogul says that if you sign a different agreement they will release control to you. If you agree to sign then you forfeit all the money you have paid IGoMogul and also agree not to pursue any further legal action against IGoMogul. Why should you sign an agreement to take control of something that IGoMogul was paid to create for you and register ownership for you in your name? IGoMogul claims that the Statement of Work protects them from lawsuits and being forced to give you a refund. If you read the SOW carefully, you will notice that it says they are working on a website for the client. Since IGoMogul owns and controls the website they are their own client and they are using your money to develop and design a website for themselves.

When push comes to shove and you demand verification of anything via email or mail IGoMogul refuses, they insist all conversations take place over the phone. If you should call them and you refuse to accept what they tell you, they then begin playing a phone shell game with you, transferring you from one person to the next until you give up. They want to play he said she said phone tag so that you do not have any proof as to what was said over the phone.

• Mo
    Morronne Aug 03, 2016

They are dishonest, pushy, and down right rude. They are full for false promises to get you involved with them... "Don't" ! Save yourself a lot of money and headaches! They have a NO REFUND policy even if you are dissatisfied with their work. They have terrible customer service and are always wanting you to spend more money to fix THEIR problem. I say to you, Run! Report them! Tell your friends and family to do the same. Taking advantage of people is wrong! They called me and told me that Google game them my name and number. I wish I hadn't gave them a minute of my time that is for sure!!! Scam. Watch out.. If you aren't willing to give the customer back their money if they aren't satisfied or if they don't receive what you promised and then make the person feel like they didn't do their part. Abusive, is what I think about this company. You don't force people to do business with you! You show them that you can be trusted in the way you do business! Don't believe them when they say, that they are a Christian based company either. It's just a front. Don't believe them.

jenok Aug 03, 2016

Scam, scam, scam!!! Igomogul says they pay you to write reviews then talk you into paying for them to make a website, but its all a scam. The only thing they give you in writing is a stupid contract to make the website they don't give you a contract or anything in writing about being paid to write reviews. If you ask for them to send information on what they pay you for and how much they ignore you. All their promises about earning money is a lie.
    If they call you ask for them to send you a written contract to read first. If they make promises that all you have to do is sign their work order first, don't do it. The work order justs talks about making a website it doesn't say anything about earning money.
    Ask if they have a monthly charge, because they don't tell you anything about that when they call.
    Don't give them your credit card information fo the $199 start up fees when they call.
    The founder of this company, Reza Akhavan, lives in England, and he is Iranian so its an international mess trying to get law enforcement to investigate these con artist.

• Go
    GoodFoodandFitness.com Apr 27, 2010

I too agree with these complaints. I have spent quite a bit of money with this company and I will never see a dime of it. It has been two years and I wanted to sell the site. Apparently, that is out of the question. They promised it would sell 6 months ago, then 2 months ago and now they are saying it's not selling because of the economy. I told them to sell it for whatever they can get for it and they refused. Stay away from this company and file complaints so that they can be shut down before other people fall prey to them.

jessy32 Apr 26, 2010

The bottom line of this company is they do not update or communicate properly, like I was writing 20 articles per week or more and they were good, but the truth is the people just break agreements, contracts and do not communicate well with people, only ones that are giving them funding to keep them up and running. Not everyone Google complaints, I did not, think it is just pissed off people, but thetre should not be ANY pissed off customer or employee!

• Th
    theseguysarescammers Nov 23, 2009

igomogul.com is now websitebusiness.com Don't be fooled by this company or their scam. They had to change their name because of so much information on the internet about what a scam this company is tied to such a unique name like igomogul.com. They now changed their name to very popular keywords so that they can try and drown all the complaints about them.

And don't be fooled by positive comments on this post. Their business is writing posts, and they for sure have their "bloggers" trying to discredit truthful complaints about them, as you can tell from this message board.

igomogul.com is a scam

websitebusiness.com is a scam

deborahleeallen Jun 29, 2009

File a complaint against igomogul with the following state and federal agencies.
    Arizona Better Business Bureau
    -------------------------------
    Internet Crime Complaint Center

• Li
    Littlebit Jun 11, 2009

am a certified computer tech and a writer. when they said they would give me a domain i was delighted. however writing for them was a scam. first off, you cant make more than 10$ a week becos they won't let you have more than 2 articles to write for.

Then i decided to work on my website. come to find that the html coding will not work. Becos its set up to work that way. i have to pay them 1400.00 to do so.

i saw that my site was registered with GoDaddy.com. So i decided to check further. came to find out that yes the domain is registered ... but NOT in my name...altho they used MY money...all the domains are registered with the company owner!

They are in fact promising domains and then stealing them.

• Lo
    LoWriter May 05, 2009

IGOMOGUL is absolutely not a scam. I have made money everytime I work. Its a simple concept which many of you seem not used to. I have received my checks on time as promised. There were some recent policy changes that forced my blog out of service but I do just fine with writezilla..making an average of about 150-200.00/week...it is true that my limit is up to 7 and it took me almost 6 months to do that but it worked and its true. 200/week may seem like chump change but after auto expenses, gas expenses, babysitter expenses, going to ball games with my kids, coaching them sometimes, it all sorta equals out. dont quit..its worth it. IGOMOGUL is not a scam...

• Lu
    Lucy Apr 28, 2009

I would love to say I read through every single complaint here, but one brain can only handle so many whines in one sitting. So I just want to say this: igomogul is not a scam, and those of you who signed up to do nothing and make a lot of money were better off signing up for those ridiculous get rich with google kits. You would have had the same result: nothing. Igomogul is not a scam but you do have to work for the money! Yes, I know, a difficult concept. The amount per article is low, 5 dollars each for 250 word articles, and 5 dollars per post with Postzilla. However, and as the site points out, if you feel comfortable writing then the articles become a whiz. You can always contact the site to earn more articles per week to make more money, but initially you start small. So, when I started it was two articles and two posts at a time (that means waiting for them to edit). But, after the second week, and after requiring no extensive changes to any articles, I called them and asked for an update and now I am allowed 5 articles and 5 posts open at a time. If I do my work in time, I make about 150 dollars per week. Oh, and the checks always arrive when they say, so you don't have to worry about that.

So, it is not impossible to make a decent amount of cash from them. No, its not a fortune and yes it requires work. At the end of the week I intend to call and ask for more posts as I have the time to submit the articles. Oh yeah, they helped me build my site which I currently operate (ready for the plug) womensprosoccerfan.com. This is not a scam, end of story. Its not a miracle either and you will have to sit down and work. If you don't like writing, absolutely DO NOT do it. If you love it, then its perfect and you will breeze by.

The End

• Pi
    pip Apr 26, 2009

igomogul.com is a gayfish. they love fishs(d)icks in their mouth.

• Di
    diana9 Apr 25, 2009

i am putting in this just in case( i have given them money) but called and canceled only to have mr. jake Demartino say that the graphics are up i hope that you are all wrong and the intenet needs healthy legitimate and honest jobs go to the website healthycrest and view these positives and see if honesty isnt the best policy. how many of you thought you were getting a typing job?

• Da
    Dapinoy916 Jan 28, 2009

Can someone please tell me who to notify about this scam...I havn't sent in my SOW yet and they still have not given me a refund like I asked eventhough I havn't signed anything yet.

• Yo
    yogi Jan 27, 2009

Im new to computers, websites, and this thing they keep calling bolg, and this page of comments on a companey that called me to do work for them makes me wonder just who or where i can go to find some extra income using the internet? Im also(if you havent notice) working on my veary old typing skills. Signed where do i go?

• Gr
    greatly disappointed Jan 26, 2009

I signed with Igomogul back in November. This company is very dishonest. I have had the same experieces mentioned here by the others. This company needs to be stopped. Even though I'm well within the 90Day Guarantee they informed me that will not be getting a refund. I've been jerked around, misinformed and dealing with one techical failure after another. Now today they told me I can no longer blog on Postzilla until I pay to get a custom header for $998. I was promised that there would not be any future expenses unless I chose to have custom graphics done. It blows me away the this company continues to get away with the things they do. Shame, shame.

• Ca
    carlyg Jan 19, 2009

I signed up with igomogul.com on Saturday, Jan. 2009. I called them back on Monday morning after reading these reviews. Some guy named Jim DiMartino kept calling (9X) I turned them into the FBI Fraud Dept. The BBB and my local District Atty. When Jim kept calling me (9x) he said he wanted to verify my credit card information so that he could refund my money. Now please tell me what there is to verify. If you wanted to verify ANYTHING, wouldn't you do it when I made the purchase? You don't need to verify ANYTHING, what you want to do is STALL ME. Guess what pal, AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!!! But I do want to thank you for one thing Mr. Jim DiMartino, giving me your name and phone number along with Nancy DeGuzman. Here it is folks [protected]. Let's see how long before they change it!!

• Bl
    Bloggerpro Jan 06, 2009

I strongly disagree with the original comment. Igomogul.com is awesome!!. They helped me devolop a website so I can blog on and I'm making aboout 250.00 a week with a little work. You know this is not a get rich scam, it takes work to blog and build your website value. I dont understand why people dont do any work and complain they didnt make money. Nothing in life is free! People you have to put into the program to get anything out of it. Nobody gives you money just because you have a website, you need to keep content fresh and use all the tools they provide. As for there customer service...it is great, ive nver had a problem. Also I dont understand where people can complain and they havent even bought the product, maybe you had a person that there sales approach was a little pushy but if you say no to putting more money into it they stop being pushy. I told them all i wanted to invest was 199.00 and they didnt push me further.

• Tr
    trolligirl1995 Oct 29, 2008

I have been with Igomogul since December of last year. I have mixed emotions about them.

I spent my $199.00 to get started. Yes, they called for more money but I explained that I didn't have anymore to send. They didn't pressure me for more. I have talked to two different guys. Josh and Jake and they have been very helpful.

Yes, I have a great website but they don't help advertise it to bring in the traffic. The more traffic you have the more potential to making money.

The only money I have made was writing thru writezilla. I got bored with the topics and the amount of time I spent researching the topics I felt it wasn't worth anymore.

I have had a few problems with my website. Twice I have been locked out of it, but that was before Igomogul had their own blogging websites.

Do I think they are a scam, not really. I didn't know what a blog was until Igomogul and I have found sites out there you can blog for free and get tons of traffic. Any social network gives you that. Places like yuwie will pay you a couple of pennies to blog there.

If you want your very own website I have found a place that only costs you $10 a month with a potential of making money. Check this out and see for yourself. WebSite.ws/trolligirl1995/

My igomogul website is igocandy.com if you want to check it out. I don't post very often because I am not making any money.

If you want to make money, I suggest you check out,

It is not a get rich fast. It takes a lot of work but it is not a scam. The only money I spend is what I would normally buy from a store. The most I have gotten is a $30 check but that is my fault because I have not worked hard enough to get people interested.

If you have any questions please email me.

• Ro
    robert garcia Sep 22, 2008

I am a spectator of this complaint board and what i noticed on some of these posts is that people who aren't even clients or members of the company are making complaints about them. It seems pretty fishy that a person with no invested interest in the company has time to complain about them. I am getting the feeling that companies are posting bad info about each to hurt there credibility. There is no way a person can have anything to say about a company unless you have personally used there service. If these messages are from real people that is kind of sad that you don't have anything better to do than put up negative comments about them. I would rather see contructive comments on this page. It seems it is avehicle for disgruntled people to vent there anger. I hope to see more legitamite postings in the future that include specific details about there problem a website name would be helpful to make your point. These random vague posts are just filler and really don't hold any validity.

jenni55 is a cunt Sep 17, 2008

I definetely agree with the original complaint and all the complaints here. For those of you who are making money, that is admirable. Admirable, in that you have money and time to throw away. If you feel your investment is worth your time and the return you are receiving, then I would seriously suggest that you take an Accounting, as well a Business Management class.

I was contacted and after listening and following for a while, told them where to get off. First, they wanted to ensure that you don't google them or type them into any search bars other than a URL - strange - I WONDER WHY?

Well, that question was answered after I told them where to get off for talking down to me after I expressed interest in a quote for more than one website that I currently own. Needless to say the entire conversation changed and suddenly the upscale, well built site that they would develop for $199 suddenly jumped to between $10, 000 and $50, 000.

I do agree that the better and more functional your site, the more visitors you will attract. However, for you to make money from Click Bank, Clicking for Dollars, Affiliate Marketing, amongst many others - to include Blogging and Software/Information Sales - your site does not have to be an exceptionally expensive site. I am currently making money using squeeze page sites and they are paying very well.

Further, there are a lot of ways to drive traffic to your site thru free websites and other free online advertising. Also, many companies - for a low monthly cost - will supply you with the tools necessary to build the basic, crappy websites they are designing for $199, and this usually include obtaining the Domain Name and Hosting as well.

Take the time you are using to do their writezilla and postzilla programs to do your own research and you will find all kind of nifty ways to get what they are doing for you, done for free or almost free. Not only that, you should be able to trust yourself with yourself - therefore your research and efforts should pay off as it will be legit. They are so L-E-G-I-T that they have to steal from Mozilla. Let's do a little Rhyme - Delete the "G" and the "I" move around the "E" and "I"; What Do You Get - Pure "L-I-E".

They may not be your run of the mill scammers, but they are not legit in their tactics and procedures either. Maybe not sheer and straight scam artist, but round-about ones. Either way, a SCAM is a SCAM and a CON is a CON and both words end with ARTIST. Let's put it this way - they are excellent "SCAM" and "CON" "ARTISTS " and they do "PAINT A PRETTY PICTURE".

• Tu
    Tully56 Sep 04, 2008

A gentleman called me from IGOMOGUL in reply to an online ad for typists. He gave me his name as Carvel, then said the following number was his direct line then disconnected the phone as I started asking more questions. He gave me [protected]. When I called the line, it said "All long distance circuits are busy at this time." After calling 2 times, I went online and researched the company.

They may be legit but their customer service/ethics don't match to the legality of the system. Sorry, , I have no use for manipulation or misrepresentation for pure scamming and monetary purposes.

Denise Sep 04, 2008

Hey guys, Rome was not built in a day and neither are paying websites. It takes time. I purchased two website from them givinghealthytips.com and selectgood food.com. Yes, I have run into the slow reading editors but hopefully they have hired enough to speed things up. Together the better your website is built the better your chances are of creating a steady income. My sites have posts, google ads and a place to shop but so far they have not generated any money. My biggest pay check was $60.00 from writing those 250-300 word articles but it's better than nothing and I have learned a lot. I hope I can learn enough to carry on by myself at some point in time.

I am on the east coast and I do admit that sometimes the time change makes contacting them difficult but most of the time I have no problem. I have almost always called and had a live person.

This is not a get rich quick kind of deal. I feel sure those of you who are dissatisfied enjoy complaining far more than doing a lot of work for not a lot of money and maybe you should be paying them to teach you to write. You are not even thinking about the potential you are gaining as a great writer free of charge.

I too would like to meet the guy who made $300 in 3 weeks. As for you Marsha, you picked a great web name and I think it's great how you plan to use your site to your advantage.

• Vi
    vicky Sep 02, 2008

I was contacted and googled them as a fraud. To my surprise I have read enough. I will not sign up with them.

• Db
    DB Aug 29, 2008

I didn't sign up. After 5 minutes with these people on the phone, it was clear that they were after a quick kill. I felt like I was being sold by a flim flam man.

They didn't like the fact that I wanted to really check them out with the BBB and other sources.

Scam or not, I didn't like the way they tried to talk down to me, saying that they only deal with "serious" clients. Apparently, my looking into their company and promising NOT to sign up today until I checked them out to my satisfaction was not the thing they wanted to hear.

I hung up the phone and never looked back. They used the typical sales techniques that true professionals really don't need to use. That was plenty for me to decide that these aren't the people I want to deal with.

Jasons comment above is very rude and immature. It illustrates the kind of people that like this company, which is another danger sign.

Again, I don't know how legit they are, but my experience was very negative. I've been in business and sales for 30 years and can say that, based on my experience, reputable companies don't pull the kind of nonsense that they did.

• Na
    Natalie Aug 06, 2008

I work for igoMogul and I can assure you that this is a VERY LEGIT COMPANY. I am a customer service rep. We have endless sources for helping customers. Extensive training videos available 24/7, a very supportive customer service staff who only wants their clients to succeed, and step by step e-mails for every little thing you can possibly think of that someone may need help with. 99.9% of our 40, 000 person data base is happy with the services we offer and make lots of money doing what they signed up to do, which is getting paid to write articles and have their own website. As for the .1% of unhappy clients, we do everything in our power to try and help.

Potential Clients: Don't hesitate to sign up based on these complaints. The are very invalid and untrue.

Mallory Danforth Aug 01, 2008

This company is always there when they want your money--but try to get them after is almost impossible. I have asked for some refund of my money and they always tell me, I will make money---I WILL NOT MAKE MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY..

• St
    Stanley (Sandy) McMullen Jul 24, 2008

What is funny about this company is that they think they can continue to scam. However, I am sueing them for not following their contract, but also for harassment. They have clearly lied to me on numberous occasions. I have a huge binder of documentation of lies, deceptions, and harassment; not including phone records. I have requested a Federal Investigation on this company. We will see how everything goes. The 'truth' will come out.

Marsha Jul 14, 2008

I agree with the original complaint in that igomogul is not what it was promised to be. I have been writing a lot of articles for them (since May 1, 2008) and have realized very little in return. I'd really like to talk to Jason who says he made 300 bucks in three weeks. I've only been paid $5 per article and that's an article of 250 to 300 words. I've been upgraded recently and allowed to accept 4 articles at a time ($20) but there's not enough people on their editing team to read 4 articles a day and they may not all get read in a week, I'm only paid for what they've read. I've also been allowed to write for their other entity "Postzilla" but again they are very slow to read and accept so the most I've made in a week is $30. I do, however, very much enjoy the website I purchased - visit me at www.ahealthymentality.com to see what the initial purchase price of $200 got for me. No fancy heading and no staff writers - just me doing my thing. I send in support tickets weekly and call the support line for any help I need. So, NO, I'm not making any real money yet but I am glad I bought a website. I needed the writing outlet and I've added it to my resume' for potential employers to check out my writing skills as well as my personality and employability.

Marsha
    www.ahealthymentality.com

• Lo
    Louise Hayes Jul 03, 2008

I was called last night about doing work from home. Thank goodness I had just gotten scamed by another company and wanted to talk it over with my husband. Said I would call him back on Monday. I found this site as well as others - no way am I signing up. Are there any legitimate work at home jobs out there?

dennis May 29, 2008

I also fell prey to this scam, They are always trying to get you to buy more, have been with them for 5 months and not looking good, Stay away from this endeavor it is a scam, Was promised to make around 1000 a month and have made 34 cents off my $1995 investment, in 4 months of following there program to a tee... time for the atty general to get a note

Jason W. May 27, 2008

This is for the Bugs...

Sounds like another idiot complaint!!! I mean listen to what you are saying for crying out loud...Hello?? You made money ... what an idiot you are to stop trying. You need to stop crying like a little baby and realize what a great oppurtunity igomogul.com is. I have been with them for 3 weeks and have made about 300 bucks!!! Its not getting me rich but its a start!! You have no work ethic bugs and are probably lazy. What a waste of time you must be, and a quitter on top of it all!

Jason W