Igomogul.comAgreement

Listen up everyone, I want to talk about my website today and this is really personal to me. My sister got me started on blogging and getting my own website. I went through the same company she did, which is IGOMOGUL. I purchased the same ‘package’ she did and was given instructionsrequirements. When I completed my first set of instructions, I was told I would have to spend more money to continue. This was not the arrangement we had made and I was highly upset. The General Manager allowed me to continue and I assumed that it was because they were honoring the original agreement. Things have been progressing; I’ve worked on my website as much as I can. I work two other jobs besides trying to get this web site going and making money from it. I want to eventually quit my second job and devote as much time to my website. My Google page rank just updated to a 1 and my Alexa page rank is 159, 694 and it started around 650, 000. I went to dnscoop.com and checked out my page and the total numbers of pages that contain links to my site are 788. I don’t think that too bad for a beginner.

Now, IGOMOGUL wants me to spend $1000 to ‘develop’ my site and they have cut off access to part of the writing opportunities I was given back months ago. This is not right and not a very ethical way of doing business. They say they should have told me that when they allowed me to start. That is not the agreement we had and they keep changing things. At the moment I do not know what is going to happen. I have called and called and left messages and no one is returning my phone calls. I wish I had not gotten involved with them but my sister has not has any problems with them and I purchased the same package she did. I hope this issue is resolved soon because they are costing me. I am considering contacting the Better Business Bureau in their local community.

More Igomogul.com Complaints & Reviews

Marie Aug 18, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I did contact the BBB in AZ but they couldn't do anything...what a farce. This company just deceives. They tell flat out lies to get your money and then want more. Good luck to anyone who can stick it to them. My best advise...don't give them anymore because it won't ever be enough and you won't get it back. Now they are charging a hosting fee - another lie. I was told my website was paid up for a year with my payment of $2200. Now they gouge me for another $10.00 a month hosting fee. If anyone knows how to get out of this, let me know...

• Be
    Belinda Bickford Aug 18, 2009

I agree that IGOMOGUL uses strong arm tactics to try to make you pay to get a custom header and have blogs written by your site. You are not stuck with your website, however. If you do not pay your hosting fees, they will take down the site. That is one way to cancel your acc0unt and get rid of a website you do not want. No amount of arguing will convince them that you cannot afford to spend money on your site. When I was cut back to two articles on Writezilla, I was subsequently given unlimited articles on Postzilla. So, you can still make money. However, I chose to quit the hole thing. You DO own your website. You can delete all of the personal information in your profile and your home page and all of your blogs. You should save the blogs as blank pages before you delete them, because they will be orphan pages on the server, and thus be retrievable. I recommend to leave any blogs you were paid to write. This will make you site undesirable to anyone, as those blogs have nothing to do with your subject matter. The name they gave my website was to insipid, I did not want it, anyway. It was not exactly on the tip of everyone's tongue. Good luck. You can walk away.

• Li
    littlewoman09 Aug 18, 2009

I am going around and around with this company. When I first signed on, the woman that called me told me they wanted everyone to make 300.00 a week. I worked my way up on the articles and actually got to 10 articles a day, and then WHAm, they cut me down to 2 articles a day without any notice. My account rep said it was because I never invested any money in it. They got me for 1249.00 in June with a promise of writing 5 articles on writezilla and 5 articles on postzilla. A few days later I was knocked down to 2 and 2 and when I tried to call my sales rep they said he was no longer there and I had a new sales rep. The new sales rep could only get me 2 on wrtiezill and 5 on postzilla. That was ok, but only lasted a few days and they cut me down to 1 on writezilla and 3 on postzilla. She said she could get me back up to 5 on postzilla in a few weeks. So I waited a few weeks, and she said she couldn't do it. Today they cut me down to one in postzilla and one in writezilla until I invest more money in my website. I am unemployed, waiting on a disability claim, and I sent them every penny I had in the bank. I am contacting the better business bureau, I printed out all of my e-mail correspondence with them, and am going to see a lawyer.

deborahleeallen Jul 28, 2009

I finally received the log on, password, PIN and account # for the godaddy domain Igomogul registered in my name however it is worthless.
    Igomogul still controls the hosting files and without those I can not do anything with the website. While the good news is Igomogul can no longer do anything with the domain name, the bad news I can not do anything with the website.
    This company has so many scamming tricks you know they have had much practice.
    Further resarch has shown that Igomogul target women over the age of 50 with an income below $30, 000 a year, with a limited education and no children.
    Here is the link to verify this.

• Ft
    ft tired Jul 20, 2009

I have a site with them, I had to report them on the writzilla part, because that was bulls...t, $5.00 for an article they post on the web? And there was no type for cash program as promised. When my intital year was up and I had no buyers from my store, I tried to sell the site back like they said I could, but was told that they couldn't sell such an plain, and uninteresting site. (that they helped develop) so I got stuck with a worthless site, because I didn't have the time or knowledge to operate it. When I do call I get people, they even call me back, answer my e-mails, it's just not much help, when they try to make you feel stupid for not knowing what it is that they do. So when I didn't renew my store stocking fee, they denied me access to my store, I still had acsess to my page just not my store. Then I lost access to my page. Now They will allow me access to my page for 4.95 a month for hosting fees. What's next? But I did get a partial refund from the Zoofer part of the agrement but they won't buy the site back after telling you that your site could be worth thousands if not hundreds of thousands for a successful site. I had to report them to the New York BBB. for that refund. But No refund as promised if I wasn't satisfied after the first year. which I was'nt. It may be a waste but since I did buy it I', m gonna try again to lauch this stupid site. Wish me luck! FT

• Ia
    IAMNOMOGUL Jul 08, 2009

Deb, do read my complaint. It is a silly unprofessional
    money grabbing company. Arizona best do something.
    I am sorry you stayed with these clowns as they tried to
    rip me for an additional 1200, I canned the whole thing.

signed: INOMOGUL !

deborahleeallen Jul 04, 2009

The owner of igomogul called and spoke to me on the phone to resolve my dispute with igomogul. I told him I was p***** at the unprofessional way one of his employees had insulted me when I asked for verification that I owned my domain name before I proceeded any further with the website. He apologized and told me that I was indeed the registered owner of the domain name and patiently explained how I could verify that information with godaddy. After verifying that I was the registered owner of the domain name I again spoke to the owner. I told him that I was willing to update my complaints to show that I had resolved that aspect of my complaint. I also told him that if I decided to move forward with the website that igimogul had designed and I discovered it was a case of fool me once shame on, fool me twice shame on me, I would be back on the complaints forums.
    I make mistakes... alot ... but unlike some people I'm not embarrassed to admit my mistakes and broadcast them, so that others might not make the same mistake. At this point in time I am willing to proceed with caution and discover for myself if I simply encountered an employee that was in a bad mood or if igomogul can live up to its promises. If at the end of the 90 days I discover that I'm a twice the fool I will be back with a vengence making my opinion known.

deborahleeallen Jun 29, 2009

Contact your credit card company, file a dispute claim against igomogul credit card charges. Your credit card company will give you a reference number and postal address and ask you to send a cover letter outlining when you were initially contacted by igomogul, how you were contacted, who contacted you, what did igomogul promise, what did igomogul do or not do for you. You will also be asked to mail copies of your contracts as well as print out and mail copies of all email communications.

deborahleeallen Jun 28, 2009

File a complaint against igomogul with the following agencies:
    Arizona Better Business Bureau
    Cyber Street Smart
    -------------------------------
    Internet Crime Complaint Center

deborahleeallen Jun 27, 2009

igomogul has you sign up for their services, they then register your domain with godaddy.com at that time igomogul receives the confirmation of registration ownership, they have the log on, password and PIN, you do not. So igomogul owns the domain name, not you. Everything you place on the website is copyrighted to the owner of the domain, igomogul, also they can sell, trade, give away the domain and its contents at any time without your consent or knowledge. You may get paid for the reviews but as far as the domain ownership, you are letting igomogul use your money to register, design, and promote a website THEY own!
    Try asking for verification from godaddy.com that you own the domain name, ask igmogul to send you the log on, password and PIN so that you can verify that you own the domain. You won't get it, all you will get is an email that your an idiot who doesn't understand business.
    If you have dealt with this company file a complaint with the Arizona Better Business Bureau

• Be
    Belinda Bickford Jun 09, 2009

I do not agree with the comments made here. I have paid no more than the original $199 investment, and have made well over $1, 000 writing articles and blogs for IGOMOGUL. My account manager occasionally tries to entice me to spend more money, but I explain that I am on disability and happy to be making money writing articles. I am allowed to write five articles per day. Sometimes, the editors are slow; however, I have been able to get in as many as twenty articles per week. I have always been able to reach a support person, between 9am-5pm, as specified on their website. The website I have developed has over 95 blogs on it that I wrote myself. It does not have a custom header. You can check it out at www.idopoetry.com. I also have a store and advertisement. I did not have to pay extra for those services. I populated the store, myself, with objects of interest to me. If I have a problem with my store, I get a response to a technical question within twenty-four hours. I really do not know what these other people are whining about.

Marie Jun 05, 2009

Totally agree. This company changes what they say and do without any notification or consideration of what you signed up for. They are unethical. They continue to ask for more money. This is a very sophisticate scam. Be careful. Don't fall for it.