ID WatchDogUnauthorized billing

S

I was phoned with a great incentive of $100 gift card to Walmart, Target. I had to try ID Watch Dog and Auto Rewards for $2.95 handling. They had my bank card number. I received a 'paper' to go to Retail rebates, which would not come up on my computer. Then 2 different $2.95 charges came out followed by $19.95, 29.95, 25.00. When I called I was on hold forever. I did finally get through to cancel, money not refunded. what a total scam. DO NOT fall for it like I did.

• Rl
    Rlmosko Oct 27, 2009

The exact same thing happened to me with ID Watchdog. The really bad thing is I already had a service from another company and had it confused with ID Watchdog. I noticed the charge on my account and called them. I told them that the cost should have only been $12.99 a month which is what I was quoted when I first signed up for the service through Bank Of America. (Which is the service I thought I was speaking with). The represesntive on the phone agreed and outright lied to me saying that he did see that I was only suppose to be charged $12.99 and he would correct it. Therefore further making me believe I was talking to the BOA company. When I finally figured out what the charge was for and what company it was coming from I called and asked them how they got my information and if they actually spoke with me to sign me up. Of course the answer was "no" that I must have been sighned up through a third party company. I am trying to get the money refunded to me but at this time they have $160.00 of mine.

• Da
    Daniel Jul 26, 2009

I just happened to look at my phone bill and seen a charge for 14.95 twice. I have no clue who this company even is. I left a message and have yet to receive a call back.

• Ra
    Rangarajan Jun 15, 2009

I had never said yes to any service but the CSA at OneCall MD / OneCall Legal insisted that I had indeed agreed to receive their trial offer. I asked for a proof and she cited technical difficulties due to which the recording could not be shared. After a while, they cancelled my membership and said that I could not get the proof because I was not a member any more. In all, $20 each for activation at One Call MD and OneCall Legal and 2 months of $19.95 and $29.95 each have gone up in smoke. As I was not in the country for a while, I could not call them in time. I have been cheated of $140 and dont know what and where to go now!
    - Rangarajan (Pittsburgh, PA)

• Ge
    genesia19 May 21, 2009

I noticed that they have been taking funds from my account and I had no clue I even had a clue I had a Watchdog account and I don't because they can't even find my information. What is this place. It's a total rip off they keep charging you without your consent.

Charmagne May 19, 2009

ID Watchdog. How ironic.
    I was charged $19.95 for "PERSONAL MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES" from "WDI PROCESSING". Creepy right?
    Turns out WDI Processing is ID Watchdog's alternative company name used to charge your credit card. Why the need to cover up their true identity if they are offering such a noble service?
    After many phone calls and being on hold for over 40mins in total with ID Watchdog, I got my service canceled.
    Scouring the internet I also found that many more people have similar complaints. Many are in even worse situations. I'm glad this is over, or so I believe, but I am being proactive about this. I am sharing my story with everyone who would care. I hope my complaint on this board reaches people in need. This is an extremely good reason why the internet needs to remain free.

• Be
    Betty May 12, 2009

I have a complaint about id watchdog. I received a call from them on 05-04-09. Even though I was very suspicious, I agreed to try their service for the 10 day trial period. In looking over my bank account three other companies had piggbacked on the initial phone call. One Call MD, National Roadside Assurance and United Benefit Advantage. Each of these companies credited my account for $4.95 each, plus the $5.95 that ID Watchdog charged. I have filed a complaint with the PA Attorney Generals Office. No doubt those funds are gone, but hopefully, they will be shut down and not be able to do this again.

• Br
    Brenda Henderson Apr 14, 2009

I have a complaint about id watch dog because I never recieved any literature from them but all of a sudden my account started being charged, I called because I was promised a free 100 dollar gift card in which I never recieved. I was charged 5.95 then 19.95 I called the number on my statement and cancelled but it really upset me when no one knows who else you need to call because I never got what I was promised and if I had I would certainly have cancelled before I was charged anything.

• Na
    NANCY M. SAIN Jul 02, 2008

A dispute claim has been filed with my bank, Washington Mutua, l for the above company for deducting 19.95 without my knowledge and authorization. This deduction was just noticed last week; however, the deductions have been deducted for sometime. And each month, I my account was overdraft by this amount.

In return, Washington Mutual charged me an additional 33.00 overdraft for each unauthorized deduction. My bank gave me the 1-800 telephone number, however the telephone number is disconnected. And Google reported that the FBI just was awarded an class action lawsuit.

Now the bank is likely to re-credit the $19.95 plus 33.00 overdraft charges back into my account. However, the bank can only go back 90 days... This deductions has been going on since 2/08...

• Rm
    rman56 Mar 21, 2008

I am complaining about the people complaining about this Horizon Card. Do you know how to read? I have received dozens upon dozens of these offeres and everyone of them explains clearly, before you register for it and accept the offer, that depending on the line of credit, a certain one time fee will be withdrawn from your checking account. How do you think they got your account number to begin with, pulled it out of a hat? They also state clearly that they are NOT a VISA or a MC. They also state that the "setup fee" is a one time fee, that there is an annual membership fee, as there is for most VISA or MC's for people who are at risk for credit, etc. You are lucky you received $60 of the $80 you paid for the set up fee. They allow you a certain amount of time to decline before hitting submit.

It is up to the company to print all the rules. It is up to YOU and YOU alone to real the rules before accepting the card. I have no sympathy for you. The only thing you have going in your favor, as far as I'm concerned, is your less than stellar command of the English language as is evident in your complaint you wrote to this site.

I'm sorry, but again, you are lucky that they refunded you any amount as they didn't do anything to coerce you into accepting their offer.

For the record, I am in no way affiliated with this company or any other banking or credit company. I am a waiter. I serve your food, and you probably don't tip or tip poorly.