ICore CanadaHarassment due to ongoing phone calls

M

Paid a Shaw Cable bill 3 months ago and faxed payment recepts 3 times. Also Shaw Cable faxed payment in full. I continue to receive ongoing phone calls for the past 3 months 3 to 4 times a week informing me to pay a $56.95 bill which has already been paid. They continue to phone at all times of the day and I can hear laughing in the backgroud 'like what they are doing is all a joke!'

• Bo
    Bouvy05 Dec 22, 2008

I Have Also been receiving Calls About a person who no longer had my phone number. i kept telling them that this specific person doesn't live here and that they should quit calling my number. i am getting fed up with all these phones calls from this company.

• Ya
    yamobedeh Feb 11, 2009

I have also experienced the same annoying pattern of phone calls. What really annoys me is that when I have called them back to ask for details of the collection account, the CSR's East Indian accent was so pronounced, I was unable to undserstand what they were saying, nor was I able to make myself understood.

• Gr
    grunt Feb 12, 2009

"This is I-Core Canada. It's really important that you call us back at (number)."

I even tried calling once, number didn't work. I have no idea what this is about.

• Je
    jeffrey Feb 17, 2009

exzacky

• Kr
    Kristy Feb 20, 2009

I have no idea what this is about!! Stupid 1-800 numbers!!! Leave us alone!!

• Bi
    Bingo Feb 24, 2009

I agree with all the comments and also suffering from the same. Every day, almost 5 to 6 times they call me and harass me. Even I told them that I am not the person they are looking as they did not have correct telephone number, date of birth and account number of Rogers communication. Also, I told them that I am a present customers of Rogers and paying my bills promptly but they say that Rogers has given them my name, and I should pay the outstanding bills.

• Ra
    RAnderson Mar 14, 2009

I keep getting the calls myself and am getting extremely angry...but to be clear it isn't ICore...but IQore. ICore is a school and they have right on their website "**Please note that we are NOT IQOR and we are NOT sending out unsolicited recorded messages**
    Please Contact IQOR itself to complain or contact the Better Business Bureau if you have received unsolicited messages from IQOR."

• Sh
    sharky7212 Mar 26, 2009

i have been called 6 times a day for the past few weeks sometimes late into the evening with regards to an account that was close 8 years ago and are saying i owe. this company has no regards for others and should be put into the ground. how do they expect to accomplish anything if they are soooo ruuude and maybe not even ligit. !?%#@

Annoyed Mar 27, 2009

Yes, it's IQOR -- an international collection agency.

This has been a new number for me for almost a year and I've had ceaseless and needless calls at all times of the day for the previous owner of the number.

800 number is routed to the 'incorrect' department. They cannot access your number there yet they know who is calling (at least the previous owner of the number).

'Revised' 800 number leaves you on hold for an extended time. I've been on hold for 20 minutes, with still no response. If the wait doesn't get you the annoying endless short loop of a waltz will give you a headache.

I went to the website and sent multiple emails of complaint to all of the addresses I could find. I don't hold out too much hope of getting these hacks to update their information.

• Pi
    pissed_off Mar 30, 2009

These people are calling me regarding something that happened back in 2003. I would love to know how I can stop this bs.

• Ka
    kami Apr 12, 2009

I am receiving harassing icore canada calls. these people are crazy. I have to stop these phone calls. How to stop these calls?

• Do
    Doe Bickle Apr 20, 2009

I am also receiving an on going phone calls every other days, some thing about a parking ticket in 2003. I hate these people so much !! I want to rip their face off !! I phoned and talked to this East indian woman (not her fault) I told her to send me the ticket she said is $40. how do I know that they were my ticket, I'm a very responsable citizen, I had maybe 2-3 tickets for the past 24 years of driving.. and I 've always paid them off.
    please help!! - Doe

Z-MaN May 09, 2009

Hello! Just to be VERY CLEAR, the company sending out harrassing phone calls is IQOR http://www.iqor.com/ not ICORE. iQor made up that crap name so no one could find them and would look under other names.

iQor is an international collection agency that has been annoying people around the world for years. iCore is a 100% legitimate part of the Alberta government that gives out grants to graduate students and professors.

Please stop confusing the two. iQor is trying to confuse you, so don't fall for it.

If someone calls you and claims to be from "iQor Canada, " know that they are LYING TO YOU. They are NOT in Canada.

Ask them how the weather is, because they'll never answer "snowy."

angel May 10, 2009

YOu know what I did ? they wern't calling for me, they wer calling for my son. I was off on a sick day from work, adn they too were laughing, implied my son had nad debt due to me ! I told them I was sick to stop calling .. they wouldn't stop, so I called them back at least fifty times they didn't like it ! you know what ? they never called again .!!! try it, it works LMAO ! who had the last laugh !

Z-MaN May 11, 2009

Angel: LOL, that's awesome. :)

And what a dirty trick they're trying. Disgusting

john May 14, 2009

a collection agency. heres what you do.
    call them back and hang up. as many times in a day as you can stand to do.
    it busys up their customer service people (bill collectors) AND LOWERS PRODUCTIVITY.
    WHILE THEY ARE BUSY ANSWERING AND BEING HUNG UP ON, THEY ALSO CANNOT MAKE OUTBOUND CALLS.
    even better, if you can set up an auto dialer, a single line phone can make approx 10, 000 calls a day. Im really pissed at these guys, and the more people we can get doing this the better.

THIS IS NOT ILLEGAL. canadian RCMP told me, with a smile, you are simply giving them back their own medicine.
    free autodialer asterisk.org

• Re
    rexdale007 May 15, 2009

I also receive these worthless calls and i said i did not owe anyone money and that i did not take up a loan. so i realized this could be like the same calls i was receiving regarding my vehicle warrant expiring. so i told that jerk that you are a sham. he said that i should search up his company, he wanted to confirm if i was the right person so he read me some of the info he had. i told him it was all wrong, a sin # and address and phone number and d.o.b. if any one of you folks think that the info you are being read is right just say that it is incorrect, if you do say its correct to them then they will know that they have the right info and they can do anything with it. E.G. get a credit card, a cell phone plan, they can buy anything with your name. so i suggest that you dont give them anything to go on.

• Re
    receptionist Jun 08, 2009

I am a receptionist at a huge corporation and get calls from these people at least 7 times a day. I spend precious minutes with this jerks everyday. I keep asking them to take me off their call list. I was transfered to a manager today. I have to leave him 2 messages. He returned my call during my lunch break. I had to leave another message for him. This is ridiculous. This has got to stop.

• Lu
    lushys Jun 17, 2009

These people call and swear and yell at me.

My phone was transfered from my name to my company name and they accidentally left a balance, I told these people that my work was going to take care of it and i had mailed teh bill.

An agent named Amanada and a manager named Luke called me and swore, yell, argued, told me to "just pay it, what are you broke?".

I am taking these people as far as I can, BBB of Ontario, anywere else. THIS IS INSANE, you cannot talk to people like this

sagittarius25 Aug 18, 2009

I'll have to agree with all of you! I have been receiving phone calls from them for about 6-7 weeks now and thus concerning a cell phone I had with rogers in 2001. I had canceled it back in 2001 and they now decide I have an outsanding balance of 86, 00$. I do not understand a word they are telling me and they yell at me! This guy Eddy gave me a number to call him back when I pay my balance and when I called to confirm some information another woman answered and didn't even know who Eddy was...it's ridiculous, I have no intention of giving them money I don't owe!

• St
    Strangebutlovely Oct 30, 2009

Received my 1st call today and when I selected '2' to speak to someone, I said hello, she said hello, and again and again in a circle. Then I asked to be told it was Icore - then blank, no response... so I hung up. Strange people - I will simply add this number to my silent ring and ignore it as I read how many times they can call us.

• Ve
    very-annoyed Nov 25, 2009

I agree with what everyone is saying. These calls are time consuming and annoying. They expected me to confirm my address in order for them to tell me what the call was regarding. Why the hell call me if you need ME to confirm My address!

• Pi
    pist Nov 28, 2009

Harassment due to ongoing phone calls

Before careful of Icore Canada ! And Fido cell phone company.
    Some how Icore got my cell # from Fido. They have been calling my house for the past 2 years, regarding a tenant which she had move out long time ago. I kept telling them that she was no long @ the address, but Icore Canada still kept calling. This morning, Icore Canada call my cell phone. There is no way that Icore could of have my cell phone #. So I call Fido, Fido said they can't do any thing. For sure, Fido had slip information out, otherwise Icore would have no way calling my cell phone. I think I will change my cell phone company, Fido being so irresponable !!!

Z-MaN Dec 07, 2009

It's not "Icore", it's "IQor."

iCORE is a totally legit crown corporation that's been around for over a decade and gives money to people who are trying to cure cancer or make super fast computers and so on.

IQor are just bags of dirt.

• Bo
    BOFH-1984 Apr 20, 2010

I recently started receiving calls from them as well, about a Rogers mobile account. There's only one problem with that: I do not have, nor have I ever had, a Rogers mobile account - thought about it bud didn't like the options they had at the time. I asked who they were looking for, and the guy on the other end ran off a name, SIN, DOB, Address...If I had a pen handy, I could have a new credit card with that info easily, and he just spouted it off with no concern. Told him that he's got the wrong number, and that I do not know the person in question. Called again maybe 10 minutes later... I put their number on silent ringer, as mentioned by [Strangebutlovely] above, and we'll see how many times they call.

• Mi
    Mike101 May 10, 2010

This is how we do it...

Call [protected]

Read this to the Person picking up the Phone at ICORE Canada:

" Please be advised this call is recorded for Quality Assurance Purpesos.
    May i have your Full Name and your Phone Number please. "

Regardless what the Person will say to you it will not be there Full Name or Phone Number so read this next to them:

"Sir/Miss i can NOT help you if you do NOT cooperate! First i need to know your Full Name and your Phone Number to know if i can disclose any further Information with you!"

Than just repeat untill they hang up:

"I need your Full name and Phone number to be able to help you. You need to cooperate you can not hide forever you owe us an explanation."

...or get lucky and wright there phone number and full name down and start calling them at home with the same story.

Cheers

• Mz
    mzm May 19, 2010

Get their fax number and fax a request to stop calling. Legally collection agencies have to hault calls after this point and can only postal mail you from then on.

I found this fax number by doing a whois search of the website address iqor.com: [protected].

Your welcome ;)

• Cr
    crazy conuck Dec 02, 2010

Today is now Dec2/2010 I have been going thru this with them since 2009! They said I owed for a phone account from ten years ago. I got ahold of the phone company and they tell me there is no record of this at all. They tell me to get ahold of Icore, so I do and they give me the run around! I ask for some form of proof or a statement of some kind and nothing, then they tell me to get ahold of the phone company. Well this is destroying my credit! What do I do?

If anyone knows how to resolve this issue or knows any legal steps I can take please send me a Email @ [protected]@hotmail.com

malayasiahunt Dec 26, 2010

Unlimitedgb.com's technical support is very good..i can clear my doubts whenever i needed.

• Sh
    shannon555 Jan 26, 2011

I just got my cell number last weekend and I received my first call within hours. I don't know why everyone has been having issues with them. I finally actually was present when they called and simply called them back on my work phone. The gentleman I talked to was polite and professional and immediately removed my number from their listing and apologized. He was actually surprised by how quickly I received the phone call. Of course, we shall see if they truly removed me, but I had no issues at all with rude customer service.

The number they called me from was [protected]

• Jj
    jjim99_9 Feb 18, 2011

This I core place has called my house 8 times in one day with no explanation as to why they are calling. We need the government or the ISP's to step in and shut them down

• Ro
    RobertInCanada Feb 25, 2011

I've been getting calls from iCore (or iQor - not sure which) but they said they are a financial agency. I've gotten about 20 calls from them on-and-off since Aug 2010. [protected] is the number they were calling from. I like the repeated call back approach as well as the script posted above. Thanks for that.

• Dn
    DNCL Feb 06, 2012

Shannon 555 of course you had no problem with them, they now have your number and will sell it. They do not adhere to the DNCL. I have no debt never have and they continued to call for over a year on my cell. I finally blocked all 12 numbers----it took me a year to amass that list and now I see 2 more new ones. By calling back you fed right into their scam.

• Ju
    Juni29 Mar 12, 2012

We had a Company by the Name of ICore Canada calling my Husband as well trying to supposedly collect or a Roger's Dept they claimed he owed. Neither of us was even sure of this dept and told them to mail us the information and we will sort through it to prove it to be legit before sending any money to them. They continued to call and hang up. One time they called and I answered the phone. After a few minutes I managed to get the name of the company which was Icore Canada out of the man and told him we had already spoken to someone and are waiting on paperwork to be sent to us. I also informed him that if the calls continued that I was going to have the phone number traced to be sure if it was legit. His tune immidiately changed. He then offered to take us off the call list. Collection agencies do not have a call list. After hanging up I recalled the phone number to a woman answering and I had asked her for there better business bureau number. She set down the phone for roughly 5 minutes then hung up. Then I had a friend call and he asked for the same information. They refused to give it and also once again stated that they would take us off the call list. Please be careful when dealing with this company because they may not be legit. We are in the current process of reporting this company. And have so far not recieved another call from them in the past 4 days or so. The number that keeps calling us is [protected]

• Ac
    achurchill Dec 17, 2012

I have been having [protected] call me at least three times a day for the past 4 days, usually starting at 830am! After reading the previous comment, I decided to call back as there were never messages left. This lady answered with just a hello, where I stated that I've had this number call repeatedly. I gave my phone number 3 times before she got it right for her to say her system wasn't working and so she couldn't say why they were calling me. She said she has no way to know if I'm the right person or not, where I asked right person for what? What does this company do? She stuttered and just said she couldn't say as the system was down. Well, what does the company do? I can't stay on the line much longer, to call back. I asked to be taken off the list and hung up. Sounds sketchy to me! I most definitely did not get any information given to me and she sounded flustered. I mean couldn't even tell me what the company even does. Be careful!!

• Ic
    ICORE BLOWS BALLS Mar 13, 2013

For the longet time i have been receiving calls at very innapropriate hours from this company for a previous collection to the person with this number. after 8 months of receiving calls while i slept during the day (becuase i work overnight) and have been receiving calls for later than 10 PM, when i finally called to sort the issue out the representative presented himself in a way that he was not pleased to be recieving the call, nor did he seem happy when i told him it was a wrong number. the representative simply then said okay in a rude tone and hung up on me, when i called back to voice my concerns about the employee i was simply told that they were sorry in the most unsincere voice and simply said have a nice day and hung up, personally creditors shoud be more polite to people the arent collecting from especially since its a few phone calls to their supervisors.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices