IBD MarketingGuaranteed refund never received

I was guaranteed by IBD, per phone conversation, that if they could not sell my timeshare within 6 months, I would receive a full refund of $882.00. Instead of waiting for me to returned signed contract they pushed through charges on my credit card. I never did sign contract. After many many phone call from me I received a letter from Mr. Richard Beatric stating same. I heard nothing from them for 6 months. On October 29,2007 I was told that Mr. beatrice had okd the refund and it would be credited within 5 days. Again after many phone calls not being returned, I was told today Nov.26 to fax a copy of said letter. Has anyone had any luck suing these people?

• Ho
    Holly Rockwell Nov 29, 2007

We have had our Time Share up for sale since June 2007 through IBD. We were told that there was an immediate demand for Times Shares in the Bahamas and that the only reason it wouldn't sale is if we didn't accept an offer. We have received no feedback from this company. We call all the time, but rarely ever receive a callback. We were told one time that they had offers, but the financing fell through. We get different story every time. We have dropped out price twice, and can't understand why it is not selling. We are very frustrated with the whole process.

Jami Nov 29, 2007

Of course nobody has had any luck suing us, as we have done nothing for them to sue us for. You omitted the fact that we told you once we received the copy of the fax of the letter from Mr. Beatrice the finance department would credit your refund right away, which you then at that point got very rude and nasty on the phone, used unorthodox language, and refused to send a simple fax so you could receive your refund. So what is it that you're really after here? Again, send the fax so we can have a copy of this letter that you're referring to (as we have no records this letter actually exists. Very rarely does the owner of the company have time to deal with customers himself, much less sit around and write them letters. That is why he hires employees such as customer service agents, buyers agents, and sales people.) and we'll credit the account. Simple as that my dear!

• Da
    Darlena Nov 29, 2007

Did they explain to you at any point that they can't bring you offers until you sign your contract? It also states in your contract (which was also done verbally the day you signed up on a 3rd party recording/verbal agreement, which IS legal and binding) that IBD Marketing is a for sale by owner ADVERTISING agency. They don't have to guarantee your property will sell. So technically the 6 months you're supposedly giving them to "sell" (or advertise the property to be for sale) would not start until you do sign the contract which would allow you to accept offers on the property. Sounds to me like you breeched your end of your own contract. You were also informed the day you signed up for their services your card would be charged, which you again gave a VERBAL authorization for (you also had to have given them your credit card # yourself so certainly you knew it was being used for something?). With that being said, how do you figure "charges were PUSHED through"? Perhaps you weren't clear at the time as to what it was you were purchasing, which was an ADVERTISING SERVICE, not a GUARANTEE to have the property sold.

• Li
    Lisa Dec 11, 2007

I for one, put my timeshare in IBD marketing hands. Everytime I call, I never get a response back. They told me that e-mail works better. I have tried that approach, and still nothing. I am hoping they do sell my timeshare soon. My husband is ill, and I can't afford to pay on it anymore. When they called me, they said the market was looking for a timeshare in cancun, and the one I have is very popular. Still 6months later it is still on the market.

• He
    helen garfield Dec 12, 2007

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE A CAMPSITE TIMESHARE UP FOR SALE WITH THEM SINCE LATE FEBRUARY OF 2007 THEY GIVE ME ALL KINDS OF STORIES WHEN I CALL THEM. I WAS CALLING EVERY WEEK, BUT NOW ITS EVERY 2-3. YOU GET TIRED OF GETTING THE RUN AROUND. I THOUGHT ABOUT GOING TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. WHICH I STILL MIGHT DO.THEY WANT TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THATS ALL.

• Ll
    Lloyd Slinkard Dec 26, 2007

We had IBD list our Timeshare In Branson MO. 2/20/o7 After lots of guarantees and promises, I have called several times and there is always someone interested but no contracts, I have tried to call and contact by email but can not get through to anyone. I cannot even find their website anymore. Is this company still in business. If anyone has any information on this company I would appreciate it.
    Very Dissapointed Customer.

• Re
    rex allen barrow Dec 27, 2007

I have had my timeshare for sale for two years and I can not get answers from any one. I have called and called but what use is that, They have my money and they could care less about my frustration. I am wanting answers but getting none. I think a class action law- suit is whats needed here.

joseph polak Jan 01, 2008

I was contacted by ibd marketing and contracted them to sell timeshare. Now sfter many phone calls and dropping price,no sale was ever made.I can no longer can contact them. I agree something should be done to froce this company to come to terms or pay up.

• Lo
    Loretta L. Smith Jan 09, 2008

We listed our timeshare with IBD Marketing for $799.00! We called them after not hearing from them for a month. We were told they had several interested buyers and they had set up a showing!!! Heard nothing back after the supposed showing. Waited two weeks and called them again. They had two buyers that were waiting for credit approval. Did not hear back from them so we called them again. Crediting fell through so they were setting up another showing. A month passed by with no contact so we called again. The rep was very rude to me on the phone! She said it was not her problem that it didn't sell! Now we can't get ahold of anything but an answering machine and their website has been taken down!!!! Does anyone know if there is anything else we can do? We are going to try to file a dispute through our bank but the time frame has passed so that may not work.

• La
    Lacee Herbert Jan 09, 2008

We listed our property in Aug. 2007 and our story is exactly the same as everyone else's here. I tried calling them again today and the voice mailbox is full and unable to accept anymore until it is emptied. I haven't ever been able to see our property to view or update it online, yet. We just are told that a lot of people are interested, but no offers yet. Our property is in Arizona and as they have told all of you, our property in a warm climate and on a golf course, is in high demand and again - that the only reason we won't sell is if we don't accept the offers. Something must be done!

• Me
    Melissa Jan 11, 2008

In case you havent figured it out, that company is no longer in business. Once a company files bankruptcy, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, IT'S OVER. If you wanted your $ back, you should've waited to get your refund before you went complaining to the state agencies. You see, the state agencies arent interested in squeezing blood out of a stone, they just care about making sure the operations no longer continue. But for every one of these that go down, a new one opens. The only real way to put an end to it is to not buy into their services, no matter how "good" it sounds.

• Mi
    Michelle Delfino Jan 24, 2008

I signed with them Aug 2007. I was not able to pay the whole 799.00 so they accepted 300.00 with the rest to be paid upon sale. I hadn't heard anything from them so I tried calling and got the voicemail. So I called the Pompano Police Dept. They said they have received several phonecalls, but referred me to the BBB. I called the BBB and was told they have an F rating. 79 complaints in 3 yrs and 29 unanswered. She told me to file a claim on their site. She said put in IBD Marketing and make sure the company id number is 90001207. I then called my bank to file a complaint. The woman creditied my account; however' I just received a letter stating it was over 90 days so they can do nothing and I will lose the 300.00 credit. I am all for a class action suit. My mom passed away and I got the timeshare. I have maintenance fees bldg up and need to sell it fast. Hope this info helps.

• Je
    jeanne wright Feb 03, 2008

I have the same issues with this company as every one else they never call you back or e-mail you they told me my timeshare would sell in 3 months and that has been over a year ago and I still have it. When you call the number they give you to call it says it is not even listed. last week it gave a persons cell phone that gave another number which was a travel agency, this is just crazy

Kathy Young Mar 03, 2008

They are supposed to be selling my timeshares. I have had no response from the. No one answers the phone. They have charged me $1197 and $897 to sell two timeshares.

• Lo
    Loretta L. Smith Mar 10, 2008

I have been emailed by two employees from IBD Marketing. One employee has informed me that SHE no longer works for IBD Marketing yet she still defends them and answers emails....... ummmm....... I wonder what kind of game her and this Richard guy are playing. PEOPLE stay away from any company that asks for money upfront. We found out the hard way that it is nothing but a SCAM! Besides all the nasty little names that they have called me via email................... And by the way if you are reading this - (she knows who she is...... YOU CAN GO ON MATERNITY LEAVE PRIOR TO HAVING THE BABY STUPID!

Anyway - STAY AWAY FROM IBD MARKETING AND ANYONE THAT WAS EVER CONNECTED TO THAT COMPANY!!!!!!

JAMIE HARMON Mar 26, 2008

HEY IVE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM, , , THEY SAY IT WILL SELL BUT HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING.ALL THE PHONE NUMBERS I HAVE DONT WORK, NO LONGER IN SERVICE.I HAVE SENT EMAILS WITH NO RESPONSE.NOW WHAT DO I DO ABOUT IT??CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK?, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE THEY CHARGED MY CARD BEFORE I EVER GOT A CONTRACT.

• Hi
    hiho37211 Mar 27, 2008

I say we find these people and sue the hell out of them

• Ju
    judson howerton Apr 02, 2008

I ALSO HAVE TRIED TO CALL AND E-MAIL THESE PEOPLE BUT NO ANSWER

I ALSO AGREE WITH HIHO LETS FIND THEM AND SUE THEM, THEN HANG THEM LIKE HORSE THIEFS

THAT THEY ARE LIKE THE OLD DAYS, WHEN IT WAS AND EYE FOR AND EYE.

THEM FOR TAKE OUR MONEY.

• Bi
    Bill McCarron Apr 18, 2008

I was solicited by IBD Marketing to sell my timeshare and when I paid them almost 800.00 I never received even one offer. I tried many times over the past year to contact them but they wouldn't answer my calls, emails or faxes. I am left 800.00 poorer and with no way to see justice done.

James Apr 28, 2008

In 2006 I was contacted by Dave O'Connel from IBD Marketing. I wanted to sell my time share but was very skeptical about giving money up front (899.00) He was very persuasive telling me a pit bull sold me this time share it was going to take a pit bull to unload it. I contacted the Florida BBB and to no avail they could not help me because IBD is out of buisness. Isn't that just like a government agency. I have no idea on how to recoupe my money. I will say one thing. When I visit Florida next time I will be looking up a David O'Connel.

• Do
    Donald Reddeman May 08, 2008

They promised me that my time share would sell, because that is what they specialized in. I was taken for $882.00. The phone numbers were as follows:
    cell:754-422-2876(was managers) then disconnected and now belongs to some lady.
    business:866-672-5180
    business:877-267-2125

The managers name was something like Evan.
    I almost pulled out after the first $294.00 was paid.
    He called me and assured me that they were lugitimate. I checked with the Better business bureau, and the were okay. But not now, they don't exist and now many people have been had.

Please check into this, I beleive they have probably opened up under a new name and are scamming others still.

Thanks.

Kathy Young May 17, 2008

I have paid them $2094.00 to market my 2 timeshares. They do not answer their phone or respond to emails. This has been going on since August 10, 2007.

• Al
    Alex Thompson May 30, 2008

I paid IBD Marketing $1395.00 for the sale and advertisement of my timeshare property. I had call them several times about the status, they would just say the property is still listed. Now the phone number that I have 1-877-267-2125 is not in service. They are a rip off.

• Po
    poor timeshare owner Jul 01, 2008

I had the same thing happen - I paid $799 upfront, and NOT ONE single offer. Now I am trying desperately to get my money back, but to no avail. (I have been trying for a year now!) Their phone number is not in service, and no response from my letters or faxes.
    What a rip-off!

Has anyone had luck getting their money back???

• Di
    Diane L Jul 09, 2008

We knew we were scammed when our credit card company reported to us someone who had used the credit card we had just given to this company to try to book a trip to France. Naturally, it didn't go through, but we had already paid for the advertising. We should have canceled that purchase also and put a stop to this. We felt like such suckers, and I should have known better than to pay upfront for something that they needed to earn. What I did do was tell them I'd pay them half now and half after the timeshare was sold, so instead of stealing $882 from us, they stole half of it. Honestly, if I had listened to myself, I would have hung up on them, but my desire to sell the timeshare in Hawaii got the best of me. Lesson learned: Never pay upfront for advertising on timeshares. You are flushing money down the toilet and these guys are no where to be found.

• Pa
    Pam Jul 22, 2008

Yes they are a scam. I am hearing that they are back in business under a different name. If anyone knows please email me!!! I still would like to sell or rent my time share but once you have been burnt its hard to fall for it again.

• Ts
    T Smith Jul 24, 2008

When we asked for the 4th time to be placed on "Soldmytimeshare.com" DO NOT CALL list, their supervisor falsely claimed he was a representative from RCI to get me on the phone and let fly with a tirade of obscentities. This is one unprofessional marketing operation that will not take no for an answer.

John A. Groves Sep 12, 2008

IBD marketing called us day and night, wrote to us numerous times promising the sale of our Timeshare. We sent them $500.00 in March 2007 with the promise/contract that we would have our timeshare sold or money back guaranteed within 6 months. We have been trying since December, 2007 to get in touch with them with NO return calls and now all numbers are disconnected. RIPOFF!! FRAUD!!! IDENTITY THEFT for completing their contract. BS!!!

kathleen Sep 18, 2008

i paid $482.00 to have timeshares sold last july 2007 i got calls just about everyday till i paid
    it was posted on web for about six months i called several time only to be told that there was a couple of viewers and that it was a good sign. called back later to find disconnected number no forwarding number . no web site.

karen Oct 23, 2008

We are yet one more Time Share Sales Rip OFF victim of IBD Marketing. How o how do smart people trust scammers? At least we were savvy enough to send a certified check instead of giving IBD our credit card number for the scammers to use at their disposal. That said, what can be done? Upon reviewing "the contract" and emails from the IBD folks, it was clear that English was not their first language. Still we signed on, desperately wanting some one else to take on the burden of selling our Time Share- yes, we are victims of THAT rip off also. Where will it end? Is there a solution and who do we contact to save us from ourselves? Or at least recoup the "listing fee" we so happily sent the IBD folks?-and what about all the "Sell your TimeShare to us" offers we receive every few months? Has anyone sold their timeshares to one of these companies and what was your experience?
    We have received notices from Timeshare Relief, Inc., Time share Acquisitions, Inc, We Collect Timeshares, LLC. and travelexclusive.org (we are going to that one tomorrow to see what it is all about). Some one is getting rich buying Time Shares...but how...Sign me, " can I pay you to rip me off again?"

• Ca
    carlos Nov 21, 2008

Nothing can be done you idiot. you were so smart you ###ed yourself. at least if you paid with a credit card you would have had protection and recourse. with a check (especially a certified cashiers check or money order) you only have to keep the customer happy long enough for the funds to clear. The only way you could have screwed yourself anymore is by stopping in and paying cash.

Not so smart now are you. I will gladly go to a busy mall and throw my credit card on the floor and walk away because I know I have 0 liability for unathorized transactions and or in your case services not rendered as described.

Yes they lied to you but you are the one who let them take advantage of your greed!!! your greed stood in the way of reason with that inflated sales price.

• Vi
    Vivian Jan 08, 2009

They did the same to me and cost me and cost me $698.00!

• Bi
    Bill McCarron Jan 14, 2009

I hired IBD Marketing a couple of years ago to sell my timeshare and after paying the upfront price never received anything more from them. I called many times to talk to Mr. Beatrice and was promised a refund if the timeshare didn't sell after a certain time but never heard from him again. I tried calling many times after that and the phone had been disconnected. Mr. Beatrice in my opinion is a crook and a cheat and if anyone knows his whereabouts I would appreciate knowing it. My email address is [email protected] I did contact the BBB of Florida and the Attorney Generals office but nothing ever came of it. Please let me know Mr. Beatrice's whereabouts if you know it. I will not rest until he is brought to justice.

• Ca
    Carol Jan 15, 2009

Just one more sucker who paid by credit card to have this company sell or rent my Timeshare.
    The man I spoke with was so professional and convincing regarding the sale of my Timeshare.
    I hear about people being part of the scams and never thought I would be one of them.
    I am disputing the $631 charge on my charge card but no idea if it will do any good as it has been over a year since I did this. Stupid me!

I just today found the name of this company on my credit card and called the phone number listed but only got an answering machine. Go figure! This companies name should be plastered all over the network to help other poor soles from getting scammed like the rest of us.

Maybe I will send this to Bill O'Reilly on FoxNews as he is really good at putting out information to the public.

• Gl
    Gloria Wong Feb 27, 2009

This company charged me $882.00 claiming to be able to sale my time share in May 2007. I have not heard from them since then. Could not find them at all. They are scammers. How can I get my money back?

Gloria Wong

karen Apr 21, 2009

Damn harsh of you, Jason.

karen Apr 22, 2009

One more thing, Jason. Greed had nothing to do with it. We contracted for a service to help sell our timeshare. There is nothing "Greedy" about that, you jerk, it is called an advertising fee.
    Our mistake was assuming they were honest.

Regarding an email I received from Jeanne about our next day experience with Travel Exclusive. I responded to you but in case it does not post, here is a copy of the email I sent.

Hi Jeanne,
    I am not sure if this email goes directly to you or how the website is set up...regarding my October 2008 post..."Travelexclusive.org (we are going to that one tomorrow to see what it is all about). Some one is getting rich buying Time Shares..."
    We in fact did meet with the Travel Exclusive folks. We had two timeshares and for a price of about $3, 000 they would take our timeshare and assume ownership. We therefore would no longer be responsible for any future maintenance fees or headaches. Yes, YOU pay them to take YOUR property.
    We paid the $3, 000 fee with a credit card on Friday evening. On Saturday, I did additional research, contacted my resort and with much effort, was able to speak with the owners of the resort who agreed to take back the timeshares. To make a long story short. I then contacted Travel Exclusive and asked to cancel the contract I just signed. It was not an easy task, it took a few weeks to settle. The upshot is, we did not want the timeshare, and paid our resort about $500 to process the legal transactions to deed back the property. Essentially we saved $2, 500 by asking our resort to take back their own property instead of "selling" it to Travel Exclusive. Not an ideal situation but the maintenance fees alone were about $400 per year and we have been paying for over 10 years for non-use of the timeshares so we were happy to be done with it for $500. Sure, we would have liked to really "sell" it but after paying a broker to try and sell it, without any results, we were happy to pay only a $500 legal fee to get the deed out of our name.
    So, if were were not able to work with our own resort, it may still have been worth paying $3, 000 to be rid of the headache. Travel Exclusive was decent about letting us out of the contact we signed but I believe it was because we contacted them right away and told them that our own resort was willing to take back the deeds to the property. It worked out for us.
    My advice is to exhaust your possibilities with your own resort first. Paying the "disposal" fee that Travel Exclusive charges (it is a formula based fee, ours was $3, 000) may be worth it to you ...that is after you get over your anger at paying to get rid of something you don't want but know it still has value. It is nice not to have to think about it anymore. Hope this helps.
    For us, it was best to cut our losses and let it go -and not be "Greedy" about the disposal/sale. Not for everyone. Your thoughts, Jason?

• Da
    Dantwina Oct 15, 2011

I just came upon old paperwork from idb-marketing I too have been a fool to think I would have them sell my timeshare Be aware of this company you will lose in the end .

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices