Ian Travel Services[redacted]

J Review updated:

I booked a hotel room on www.despegar.com, which at the same time, used the network of www.hotels.com.
Finally, a month later I got my credit card report which stated that I had been charged twice the same amount of money by IAN TRAVEL SERVICES.
Then I found out this latter company is specilized in ripping off people. I was amazed that I had been charged twice, as a wrong duplicate charge by this IAN TRAVEL SERVICES, if I had to pay just once, and in any case, to Despegar.com, not to Hotels.com or to this IAN TRAVEL SERICES.
I have found out this companies have a lot of complaints for charging people for services unexisting or duplicate charges as if it was a naive mistake. However, according to what I have read on the web and to my own experience, it is practically imposible to claim the money back from this IAN TRAVEL SERVICES.
BE AWARE!!!

• J
      Sep 17, 2009

BE AWARE!!!

• P
      Sep 19, 2009

We just had a VISA bill that had a line for £50.06 from Ian Travel Services that we queried (and were shocked to find how often they've falsely billed people - not just as listed on this site, loads of google hits), but we eventually traced it back to a booking that we had actually made through www.hotels.com and we had the print-out in a drawer to prove it. False alarm this time.