IAA Richard DavieDamged itemsa and non payment

International Autograph Auctions

Director, IAA Ltd Foxhall Business Centre Foxhall Road Nottingham NG7 6LH.
Telephone [protected]. Fax [protected]. International Autograph Auctions

Richard Davie trading as IAA Autographs s a person and auction house to be extremely wary of. Items returned were damaged with no explanation, or offer of compensation. I have made repeated requests however, after numerous messages left with no response I decided to make others aware of this disgraceful auction house which obviously has no business ethics!

DO NOT USE THIS AUCTION HOUSE!

Directors: R.A. Davie, C.L. Sayer and T. Vennett-Smith
Old Registered Office: 10 Grosvenor Avenue, Mapperley Park, Nottingham, NG3 5DX, England

• Co
    CompensationCracker Jun 24, 2009

Were you absolutely sure, without any doubt, that the damage was caused whilst with IAA rather than by the mail handlers?
    Did you think to insure your item whilst on IAA premises?
    Or whilst it was returned?
    Did you, yourself, take any responsibility for your own item?
    Did you completely, and without forethought, blindly entrust something of value to another without considering the maintenance of the item?

• Ga
    Garry1000 Jul 10, 2009

When you contract an Auctioneer you expect them to handle your property with care. Sadly, I find your questions somewhat irritating.

However, in answer to one of your question, YES, Richard Davie of IAA Auctions caused the damage in his possession, and then returned the autographs to me.

Richard Davie of International Autographs is nothing less than a ROGUE!

• Ga
    Garry1000 Jul 10, 2009

Damage can be viewed at the following link

www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/iaa-ltd-international-autograph-auctions-c177481.html

• Mr
    Mr Kennet-Smith Feb 23, 2010

Mr.Davie has been very difficult to get hold of not to mention we are still waiting for payment. Hearing all the negative comments about IAA we wished we hadn't used them.

Mr and Mrs Kennet-Smith (London)

• Ke
    Kent Bull Aug 13, 2014

I auctioned some items through this auction house. To say payment is hard to come by would be an understatement . Alarm bells started ringing when no communication was forthcoming after the auction. I contacted them several weeks after auction to enquire about payment. I was fobbed off with a rude message informing me it was not their practice to communicate with vendors post-auction, but that payment would me made 28 days after the auction. The 28 day term ended 5 days ago. No sign of payment. I made a telephone call to chase the due funds. I was told a cheque had not yet been sent due to missed postal deadlines. Unbelievable! I lost my temper and asked for a bank transfer. Bank details were taken and the phone was slammed down. No word of apology for the delay. No bank transfer received to date either. I will give it another 48 hours before chasing payment through a small claims court. Terrible service and deeply untrustworthy.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices