Iaa Ltd (International Autograph Auctions)Damage

T Review updated:

RICHARD DAVIE IAA LTD

The following statement was taken from the artful dodgers website.

The application of our expertise in presenting practical and realistic estimates continues to contribute towards the successful sale rate of 85-95% of lots, a figure which considerably exceeds the industry norm.

OUR RESPONSE

The above Statement is a misrepresentation of International Autograph Auction's true selling performance.

Richard Davie struggled to sell 10% of our collection. However, it was when we received the balance of our items back was when the horror began!

Many items had broken glass, missing glass and damaged frames. However, the wardrobe movie props were more servilely damaged. One item in particular belong to rap artist “Snoop Dog”. This was returned badly ripped and beyond repair - please see photo.

Richard Davie is a disgrace to his profession. And to be honest the other two directors are a waste of space too!

To date we haven't received any compensation or any explanation as to why our property was so badly damaged.

If you are seriously thinking of selling your prized collection, please think about using another company. Richard Davie has turned what should have been an enjoyable transaction into one of horror and dismay. With his sickly butter wouldn't melt in his mouth sucker you in smile. Richard Davie is the most untrustworthy person we have ever come across.

At first, Richard Davie will do anything to sucker you in, he will even attempt to pull a magic rabbit out of a top-hat. However, once he has your tricked his way in and taken your prized collection the magic will slowly fade and the nightmare will just begin.

Richard Davie is full of hot air promises. His failure to respond to our telephone messages is just why we hate this man so much!

• Ax
    Axel N Mar 28, 2019

Purchased an expensive W.C. Fields Autograph which turned out a fake. No reaction on numerous emails regarding return/refund. Very bad experience!!

• Au
    Auction43 Oct 26, 2010

Sorry you have had items damaged, but you've had good revenge through your internet attacks.
    If he is responsible, he should pay up.
    At least he'd get you off his back.

I am submitting a couple of items to IAA at the moment.
    I sent them one item before with no problems.
    I know a very trustworthy dealer who says they are OK.
    OK in the auction business is fairly good.

The lack of communication is common to all auction houses in my experience.
    Emails just disappear into the ether.
    Christies, Sothebys etc are just the same.
    Some of them think they are doing you a favour by accepting your stuff.

If I have any problems, I'll come back and tell you.

• Fr
    Freddy94 May 26, 2010

I have not had any problems with IAA and have been pleased with whatever I have bought from them. Howvever I must admit that the fact they no-one ever answers their telephones and that you have to communicate through answerphone, is not what you would expect.

• Ha
    hangman100 Nov 12, 2009

I am sorry to read all that about your problems with IAA and I hope you can find a resolution.

However, maybe I am a victim as well, though in a other way. I don´t know about any processes in english auctions so I hope you would help me with an advice.

I am a german collector and purchased an item (value, 1300 brit.Pound) in the last auction of IAA last saturday. Regarding on the description it was sold at Juliens Auction and the item was offered with the information, that the original tag of the prior auction is included (but, the lot# was not in the description written).
    Unfortunately only after the auction I found out, that the item can´t be sold at the Juliens Auction, cause I checked the Juliens catalogue incl. all items and pics (which are still online) and found only similar items but not the same one (what I have seen when I compared the pictures).

I am irritate now because of the complains about IAA what I have found after the auction and I decided to inform myself about my chances before I get in touch with IAA. I have read the terms and conditions again but I am not really sure if I have understand everything. So my question: Do you know if I can cancel my bid for a item who is most probably a fake or do I have to pay for it? I have found only information in the buyers terms that the purchaser have all risks of a purchase. And if he doesn´t pay, the auctioneer can cancel the deal and can offer the item in a upcoming auction again. But I am ensecure about any consequences if the auctioneer requires the money and I don´t pay for.
    I would defenetly inform IAA then about my doubts of the authenticity, but it is important for me to know which step would be the best to do first. I thought first, I could ask IAA about the Lot#, but I think they would not give it to me cause the bid is done and the auction is over and that they would argue, that it comes with the item and then I can see it. But then for me it would be to late, cause they will defenetely send the item out after my payment.

James1000 Jul 20, 2009

Sadly, the deceitful rogue Richard Davie will have his band of trusty followers. However, I am positive people will see through the 2 comments left in favour of R. Davie.

The truth is, Richard Davie is as transparent in business as an eclipse!

Avoid at all cost! Literally.

James1000 Jul 20, 2009

In response to the narrow minded comment left by Nigel McCrery, who obviously has no idea to the amount of damage and financial cost Richard Davie has cost us.

Sadly, the deceitful rouge Richard Davie will have his band of trusty followers. However, I am positive people will see through the 2 comments left in favour of R. Davie.

Thoughts, the truth is, that Richard Davie is as transparent in business as an eclipse!

Avoid at all cost! Literally.

• Ni
    Nigel McCrery Jul 19, 2009

I have been dealing with Richard Davie and IAA for many years and never had a problem. I have both sold and picked up quite a large collection of letters and autographs. They have always been of the highest standard, described well and a pleasure to own. I have also found him nothing but fare, quick to react and always available to sort out problems. When dealing with so many people and items over a long time I suppose you are going to get a few things wrong that's the nature of buisness. But to all who read this buy from him sell through him, you WILL NOT be disappointed. Nigel McCrery

• Da
    Davidson May 10, 2009

Richard Davie will get his just deserts.

Ricahard Davie of IAA Ltd, if you are reading this you will learn play with fire you will get burnt.

BEWARE!!!

J. Davidson (London)

• Th
    Thomas Mar 28, 2009

We have had the same problem with International Autograph Auction. However, not to the extent of the first complaint made against this company.

We found Richard Davie to be polite and well mannered at first. However, this soon changed when we needed to speak to him about certain matters regarding out auction items. For some profound reason, we always seemed to get his blasted answer phone, which we found to be extremely annoying to say the least.

Mr and Mrs Rogers, North Wales

• Mi
    Mike Mar 16, 2009

I am sorry you had a bad experience with this company but as a buyer I can only say that their communications and service and the quality / condition of the items I have bought from them has been excellent. Regards, M Whitehurst.