HOTFILESuspicious File Service Provider

S

I signed up for my 1 year premium account on 1 January 2010 with $55, payment was done by Paypal. On April 9, my account has been closed without any notice. I used their account just for my own purpose, never ever shared or abused my account. I think this company is totally fraud. Since they got money for 1 year in advance, they cancelled my account illegally.

I suggest everybody to use Rapidshare for similar use, not to trust Hotfile. Anytime they will block your account because their system is not secure. BEWARE OF HOTFILE, THEY ARE COMPLETE CHEAT !!!

DO NOT TRUST HOTFILE, YOUR ACCOUNT CAN BE SUSPENDED ANY TIME !!!

More HOTFILE Complaints & Reviews

• Du
    Dusty31957 May 08, 2011

I am a photographer by trade and was posting photo's that I had taken...just mine no one elses ... and they deleted my account for copyright infringement...huh! Only photo's I shared there were of my family and I was sharing with family members in military service and are in other parts of the country. Charged me $55.00 in advance for one year then one month after they deleted the account they started charging me $55. per month thru paypal. I filed a complaint with paypal and they ruled in my favor...and refunded the money ...but that didn't stop them...they con't to charge every month and paypal refunds it. I have tried contacting hotfile ... no answer to date. Paypal has tried to contact them and has gotten no answer either. Good luck out there. Dusty

• Mo
    Monkeyboi56 Apr 11, 2011

I wish I'd seen this site before I parted with my money. :-) I guess with their shop set up in Panama, I should have suspected a rat. Tried to contact Hotfile through their website but after filling in al, the fields there is no way to submit it. Tried sending an email direct to their support people. Got a BOT reply stating they don't process direct contact emails. Round and round in circles. Can't log in, can't contact them. Looks like a scam, smells like a scam, takes like a scam - must be a scam. Best to avoid these scam merchants.

• At
    ateya3d Mar 09, 2011

Hotfile send to me now

Account suspended
    We're sorry to inform you that your account has been suspended. You should've received an e-mail with more information about the situation.
    Reason for suspend: Terms of Service Violation - Repeated Copyright Infridgement

what can i do i have pay with $55

• At
    ateya3d Mar 09, 2011

Hotfile is suspended my account without any reason

I signed up for my 1 year premium account with $55, payment was done by Paypal

my username is ateya3d
    please help us

• Wa
    Wan Helmi Wan Ismail Feb 07, 2011

My email address : [email protected]
    Username : tokwan35

I don't care my account and particular expose hopefully them realize they are scam customer

I bought this premium account since october 2010 last year and the account suddently become malfunction meaning that cannot recognized my username / password / email add, so i have launch a complaint to them and hope them reply since last week but no reply to my solution of problem till date ( 336 hours neither than 24 hours reply refer to policy to attend customer complaint ) .

I am really regret with this customer service and hope that hotfile refund my money back due to unsatisfactory customer feeling on their promises.

Lately I have change to hotfile for try on their performance but very short time period only compared to rapidshare which previously subscribe me never getting me problem like this.

I hope the related person can assist me on this matter also to same scenario happen to other people world wide

cheetohman Dec 08, 2010

Same thing as AvalonCraven happened to me, suspended for no reason 6 days ago, and no email responses at all. I paid the $55 in June, and got 6 months of use before they suspended my account. What a ripoff -- no reason, no rhyme, no refund.

• Av
    avaloncraven Nov 30, 2010

I purchased 1 year premium+3 moth free, last year. I still had 5 moth left, and 20 dollar on my account from downloads, and I was definetly going to renew, but two days ago I got two following e-mail, one said I purchased and account, second says my account is suspended for multiple IP aces. And my premium account converted to free one. My all files were deleted, so I change my password, and wrote hotfile 4 time about the stiuation, still no respond. They even did not said sorry we are not going to give you back your status. Nothing but silence. I had similar issues with rapidshare at the past, and the moment I wrote them, they respond, and in a few hour they fixed the problem.
    Hotfile is good service for unlimited hosting and downlad features, but they do not care anything after they got your money. I do suggest you not to trust them for serious file hosting, not only because they are vulnerable ( rapidshare has papidlock for pervent file deleted but they have nothing) but when something happened they are not helping-even responding you.
    Avaloncarven

• Co
    cosmic93 Nov 19, 2010

I was the victim of identify theft for many, many online accounts. In the middle of this, Hotfile claimed my account had been accessed from multiple IP addresses and suspended my service. However, when I asked them to provide me with the IP addresses in question to help me track down the identity thief, they claimed they don't keep track of that information - so they must be lying on one side or the other. They are refusing to cooperate in any way with the investigation.

• La
    larry bui Oct 24, 2010

I had the same issue and I filed complaint with paypal . so far i haven't heard anything yet . I paid for full year term and I was terminated for no reason . I contacted them through email so many times and They still failed to restore my account. My suggestion is copy these complaints and send them to paypal and ask paypal do something about
    it or try to get the money back.

• Bi
    bigdogeh Oct 13, 2010

same thing happened to me. i only used it for a couple of months before they suspended my account. paid for 1 year and they won't respond to any emails. does anyone have a suggestion to get them to at least respond?

chrispbits Aug 06, 2010

hotmail = ripoff

chrispbits Aug 06, 2010

as of Aug-06-2010 they are a rip off
    I clicked the one month fee and they set up a recurring paypal account fee
    the download speed was 20k -4k less then dailup
    aviod these thieves!

• S9
    s995 Apr 11, 2010

Well, they restored my account with apologize saying they had some technical difficulties that many premium account were wrongly suspended. Now my account is up and running.