Hot Movie Sales LLCAuthorized charge

This company offers low price videos & games just to get you to order on - line. Once you place your order you are "automatically" signed up for a $29. 95 per month membership charge. If you don't monitor you credit card statemanet they could get you for $359. 40 per year membership fee. That would be a lot of videos. They know exactly what they are doing and should be shut down. I called them when i noticed the charge, but by that time they had already charged me a second time. $29. 95 x 2 = $59. 90 is not a very good deal on a $5. 15 movie purchase. How do we shut this site down?

Jamie Brand Oct 07, 2010

On August 27 I placed an order for two movies with Hot Movie Deals. They promised me free shipping which I received for ordering more than one movie. They offered a monthly membership which I declined. Now I have TWO monthly charges from BBV!!! I am quite unhappy. I purchased and paid full price for the movies, !3.54 and 11.93. Not only did I decline the offers, but they said I filled out a survey to get a "cash back card" and signed up for the second "offer". I NEVER filled out any survey, nor have I received a gift or "cash back" card. They said they are issuing me refunds, but if they don't I will be cancelling my credit card.

• We
    wendy anderson Dec 23, 2009

I also had a similar experience which happen to me as soon as yesterday. I bought a movie for 25cents, my card was charged for 2 months, for a membership fee in which am not a member. It just goes to show you that in this day and age you cant trust (Anyone)! remember this old addage " If it sounds to good to be true then maybe it's a scam" now I know that's not exactly the quote word for word but you get my drift . so in closing I would like to join in, in saying that this company should be shut down !

• Fe
    fedup Apr 23, 2009

This scam should be shut down ASAP, They not only sign you up for this without telling you, but once you canel the membership and all orders, they try to charge again and not only send DVD's that were cancelled, but also some that were sent to you and charged for 2 months ago. When you call to complain, they tell ytou someone will calll you back. I've been waiting for the call, but no luck. Next move is to call the Credit card bank and get some results that way.

• Ho
    Hot Movie Deals .com Apr 18, 2009

Hot Movie Deals needs to be shut down. They are nothing more than a web scam, that bait you in with low price videos and then hit you with a membership charge each month unless you say something. When you say something - too late, because when you ordered on-line you agreed to the membership fee. Their video prices are actually very high when you consider the monthly membership fee!!!

• Su
    sunshine Mar 22, 2009

I ordered a Wii game for my boys for Christmas from Hot Movies and I had no idea that they were signing me up for a $30 per month charge for this Smart Savings crap. I have spent this money every month since Oct. not knowing what it was. What a scam.