Hops Restaurant Bar & BreweryPoor customer service

R

Hops Grill Brewery @ 3625 Jefferson Davis Highway . Alexandria, VA 22305

1. 2/28/16 E1 and E2 placed my party of 7 on the seating list at 4:30pm.
2. At 4:32pm E1 and E2 shared that our party could not be accommodated at 1 table because of two other parties taking place that required all of the single chairs.
3. E1 and E2 offered two booths together and I accepted at 4:35pm.
4. E1 and E2 told me that we would be seated immediately.
5. E1 and E2 never provided any update though we were waiting within 10 feet of them.
6. At 5:05pm E3 appeared and started seating people expeditiously.
7. At 5:10pm I asked E3 the status of my party.
8. E3 shared that our table was ready the whole time.
9. I informed E3 that we were supposed to be seated immediately but it had not happened.
10. I informed E3 that we had been waiting for about 45 minutes.
11. E3 repeated what I shared to E1. E1 then checked the time and stated that it was only 5:10 and we had only been in the establishment for 40 minutes.
12. I told E1 “probably about 30 to 35 minutes too long. Moreover, the main point for me is not that I am off by 5 minutes but I was not seated immediately as informed. As well, during that time I took a picture of E1 texting not updating us.”
13. I did informed E3 that I wanted to speak to the manager who appeared 5 minutes later.
14. During the wait, E3 stated that he did not want me to be “mad” at him because he had just come out there to help out. I asked why he would think I was “mad”. He shared because I was so direct in my speech. I shared that “animals go “mad” and humans get angry.” I told him I was not angry and choose to speak factually.
15. Manager appeared and I shared my story. Manager apologized for us not being seated.
16. Manager offered no accommodations.
17. Manager stated he would talk to staff about the seating because he had not been told about the long waits.
18. I asked how could not be aware by showing him 1) three booths that were available and had been available since my entering as well as 2) a waiting area full of guests. I shared that I thought one would only have to look around.
19. The business cards offered to guests have [protected]@dp-h.com as a method to visit to share. However, the site is currently under construction.
20. www.hopsrestaurants.com is also on the card to share. However, the [protected] number has been disconnected.