Hoody's NutsLarge candy coated screw found in jar of praline pecans

T

I was recently on my computer while snacking on a handfull of Hoody's Praline Pecans. These nuts are coated with a sugar brown praline coating which makes them uniform in color and crunchy. My focus was on my work at the computer and popping the peans in my mouth. It was only a miricale that made me take a close look at what I was about to eat..., IT WAS A 1 1/4" METAL SCREW. It was covered with the praline coating which disguised it as a pecan. The pecans are various shapes but all have the same coating. This product was purchased at Publix in sw Fl. I have spoken several times to Hoody's and their representatives and also to Publix. My frustration grows based on the fact that because I was not injured...no one will do anything about this situation. If it happened once it can happen again and could cause serious injury, or expensive dental work and pain. It is possible that more of these dangerous jars are sitting on the shelves at our local Publix and other markets. Beware of what you put in your mouth because the manafacturer and retailer don't seem to care.

• Ph
    Phil May 15, 2009

I purchased at Publix, SE Florida, a 32oz container of their gourment peanuts with sea salt. I did not find them very fresh even though the container was sealed and opened before the best use by date.