HoodiaPlex LabsTotal rip off and scam!

I saw an on-line offer for Hoodia Complex, offering a trial size for 'free', with shipping/handling of $6.95. I thought it might be a rip off, but for only $7 I figured why not. I received the trial size, then about 2 weeks later got a 30 day supply. I checked online and saw that other consumers were complaining. Checked my credit card and sure enough, had been charged $69.95 for a month's supply. I went to their web site to see the ad, and it was different from the ad I had seen and ordered from. Of course, I can't prove that, but I know there was not a disclaimer printed below the order button saying I was signing up for monthly shipments of hoodia for $69.95.

Called the company and stopped the monthly shipments. Called my credit card and got no help from them. I've been ripped off. I would like to see this business and others businesses who use questionable marketing tactics to sell their product removed from the web. I will never try a product from the internet again.

More HoodiaPlex Labs Complaints & Reviews

• Na
    Nancy H. McDaniel Jun 09, 2016

I am very disappointed with your company of which I honestly can't say what company it is. You send no bill inside and no information either, and nothing on the envelope helps. You did have your return address, which surprisingly got me to your site.
    I feel like you have been sending me the follow up pills without my authorization and that makes this a scam and a fraud. I plan to get in touch with my bank and block any charges from you now and in the future if you dare send me anymore. I will seek legal action if you continue to send it and my nephew who is a trial lawyer backs me up. I saw this on Oprah, and it diappoints me too to know that Oprah would even allow this to be on her site. I am planning to send her an e-mail when I finish this. By the way, your product doesn't even work, which you knew when you sent it.You are nothing but another fraudulent ripoff company who can sleep fine at night after ripping off young and OLD people whose funds are limited. Please remove me from your files and destroy anything you have about me in your computer.
    Nancy H. McDaniel

P.S. A copy of this is being sent to the Better Business Bureau in Nevada and Washington.

Janice Cimino Jun 09, 2016

Same thing happened to me! Ordered trail size, pd. $6.00. Within week I sent it back, explaining that doctor reminded me last time I tried simular appetite suppressants, it affected my blood pressure. I asked in a note to please remove my name from list. A few weeks later I received another bottle . Mailed back, was chg. $69.95. Finally after many calls I was told you can't return even if package was unopened. They throw them away! like I believe that! I have now been charged another $69.95, but was told my name has been removed! I closed that account to make sure and relieve the stress! Lesson learned-Don't order on-line. I got screwed royally! But I did report them to Better Business Bureau!!

• Ju
    Judith Ferguson Jun 09, 2016

This company used my credit card info & billed me $69.95 of which it was unauthorized. What a rip off. This is illegal and something needs to be done.

Martha Leonard Jun 09, 2016

I also was scammed by this company. I just called to complain and was told that I agreed to receive this product on a regular basis when I ordered the sample. It is in small print and in a small window that you would have to scroll through to read the agreement. So I guess they got me for the $69.00.

If you don't call right away they will continue to charge you and ship the product EVERY month.

CALL RIGHT AWAY!!!

Cheryl Ann Cloutier Jun 09, 2016

I did order the free sample only to find they signed me up to receive the product every month at a cost of $69.00 - my checking account was charged and I did not want it.

• Ro
    Robinn Jun 09, 2016

3-18-08
    I, too am in the process of filing a fraud complaint with my bank (which they will assist you with at no charge and very little paperwork). I have been scammed and learned a huge lesson! This is an extremely fraudulent scam and they have to be STOPPED! How do these people continue to get by with this? There are dozens, if not hundreds, of people on the web alone with the same complaints. My account has been charged twice and I will not stop fighting until these charges of $70.00 a month cease. We have to ban together to get this fraudulent nonesence from HoodiaPlex Labs haulted.

• Ci
    cindy Jun 09, 2016

This happened to me just the same as everyone else. I had to cancel my credit card. My 69.95 shipment is on the way which I told the ### I would refuse it & send it back. My question is has anyone ever sent the stuff back & got credited?
    He said he would not credit you. I told him if I refused it he had to. He said NO REFUNDS. So has anyone gotten a credit back on there card?

• Na
    Nancy E. Meyers Jun 09, 2016

I ordered a "free" trial and paid shipping. For the past 3 months they have debited my account $69 (or so) and it has caused fees against me. I have tried to call the 800 number but it says it is not working at this time. I want these shipments and fees STOPPED or I will report this to the Attorney General of my state as fraud, which I believe it is.

• Do
    Donna Bayes Jun 09, 2016

I saw this on the internet and ordered the "trial offer". Now I am getting a bottle shipped every month. I can't seem to get ahold of the Company at the phone number I was given and the bank won't stop the payments without approval from the EFT bank. What can I do. The only address I have is a P.O. Box which is on the label that the pills come in.

• Lo
    Lori Heikens Jun 09, 2016

Unauthorized charge when requesting a sample to my debit card of 69.00. Beware!

• Me
    Melinda Drew Jun 09, 2016

Yep, they got me too! Same as everyone else. I did reach a representative today at this number: [protected]. I was given a Cancellation Comfirmation Number to stop all further orders. I also contacted my Credit Card company and have initated a dispute of charges. In talking to the representative for HoodiaPlex Labs, he told me that they are "located" in Utah, not Nevada (where the product is being shipped from) so they cannot confirm that a cancellation letter or the returned product is ever received - another way to perpetuate the scam.

If we could find an adress for the Utah location, that would probably help.

• Ha
    Harriet Freeman Jun 09, 2016

I gave them my card to take 5.00 out for shipping nothing else and when i went to check my card balance they had with drew 69.00 and had sent me more hoodia which I didn't want. I didn't authorize and order for a withdrawal of 69.00 out of my account so I sent the item back 2 days after I received it 01/05/08, and notified my credit card holder and in the package I sent back to them I demanded the money back into my account.

• Ba
    Barbara Karwhite Jun 09, 2016

Absolute scam through paid television advertisement. If I knew what station I would report them also. There should be laws against fraudulent companies advertising on national networks.

• Ki
    Kim Lucas Jun 09, 2016

I received the free trial but did not know that they would be charging my credit card $69.95 if I did not cancel within 10days. This disclosure is not up front and they are the biggest scam artists that I have ever seen. You have to call and get a cancellation number before they stop charging your account. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM. I HAVE LEARNED A VERY VALUABLE LESSON.

DO NOT BUY!!

• Tr
    Tracy File Jun 09, 2016

The &%$#[email protected]@$# got me too. I only asked for the 10 day suppy and then i get another bottle ion the. I know i didn't sign up for additional so I checked my checking acct. and sure enough they auto withdrawed $69.95. I'm waiting to here from my bank now. I'm calling the piece of crap company too!

• Li
    lisa underwood Jun 09, 2016

Same with me. The product came in the mail in a padded envelope with no packing slip, invoice or informative flyer. Nothing. This seemed unusual to me. I looked the phone # up online and when you call, the recording says there is no one available at this time. The company withdrew $69.95 from my checking account without asking for my authorization or providing any disclosure about reordering the product at all. This is pure and simple fraud and whoever is responsible for this should be arrested and charged. I will do everything in my power to see that this happens.

JosephC.Maxey Jun 09, 2016

Icalled and was told that the service wasd discontinuedaparently it was not

• Ci
    Cindy Nerat Jun 09, 2016

I agree with everything everyone else has said. I also agreed to a free trial and have been charged $69. for the last 3 months, despite my refusing delivery and sending them back. Has anyone seen a credit of any kind from this company?

• Valerie Jun 09, 2016

I ordered a 10-day trial (20 capsules) which $5.49 was authorized. On 12/10 I notice unauthorized funds of $69.95 were taken out of my account by this company. I will call my bank today in hopes I can get my money back.

• Ri
    Richard Cramer Jun 09, 2016

I was ripped off the same way. I could not find a good number to cancel. I eventually had to cancel my crdit card.

JOANN M HUGHES Jun 09, 2016

I ordered a trial order of Hoodia Complex. I did not know they were going to bill my acc. for any future orders without my okay. I am unable to use the product, because it causes my blood pressure to rise. They keep sending shipments and charging my credit card. I wrote them a letter and told them to stop sending product, but i am still getting them.

• Wi
    William C Moberly Jun 09, 2016

They did the same thing to me, I am going to my bank right know.

• Cp
    C. Phelps Jun 09, 2016

I was scammed too!!! And I'm pissed!

• Cl
    Clyda Carter Jun 09, 2016

Sent additional product without authorization. Want it stopped immediately... very difficult to find contact person.

Cheryl Ann Cloutier Jun 09, 2016

This is Cheryl Cloutier. My phone number was inadvertently put down as company information for Hoodiaplex. I just sent in a complaint about this company and I am not associated with this company at all.

Susan Tapp Jun 09, 2016

I, too ordered 1 bottle of Hoodia Complex with my credit card. I at no time agreed to other monthly shipments of this product. Since that time I have received a monthly shipment of this product along with a 69.95 monthly charge to my credit card. I have repeatedly tried to contact this company to no avail. Phone number of [protected] gives you a voice mail telling you to call back during regular business hours, even when I am calling during their supposed regular business hours. I have filled out a complaint with my credit card company disputing these charges. Companies like this should be investigated and not allowed to conduct business such as this

• Mi
    Mike Jun 09, 2016

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO KEEP PAYING. CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTE THE CHARGES. CLOSE THE ACOUNT OR PUT A BLOCK ON IT SO NO MORE CHARGES CAN BE ACCRUED. THE DRAWBACK WITH THE FREEZE IS YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO USE YOUR CARD AT YOUR ATM. IT IS BETTER THAN GIVING IT TO A COMPANY IN THE WEST INDIES VIA LAS VEGAS. IT IS ONLY SET UP IN VEGAS BECAUSE THEY KNEW PEOPLE WOULD BE SCEPTICAL ABOUT SENDING PAYMENT TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND PERHAPS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN GET OUR MONEY IS BY HAVING A UNITED STATES ADDRESS. DON'T BE HARD ON VEGAS. I LOVE THAT TOWN. DON'T FORGET YOU GOT CHARGED A CROSS BORDER FEE. WE HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER WAY TO TAKE IT OFF. GOOD LUCK!

Theresa Horsley Jun 09, 2016

There is hope. I finally received a refund of my money. It took filing a complaint thru my bank . It was almost 2 months to the day that I filed that I received my money so don't back down or give up.

Theresa Horsley Jun 09, 2016

A 10 day sample was ordered and shipped. I paid $5.95 to ship it. I believe the ad said no other purchase was necessary. Now I received another bottle and was told when I called that my debit card was billed $69.95. I called the company and asked why I received this item, they said I had 10 days to stop the order after I received the free sample. How can I stop and order I didn't place. I believe it also said a free 30 Day trial. I am trying to get ahold of my bank to stop this transaction.

Thomas Thornton Jun 09, 2016

I have ran into the same situation. They took the freight charge and then billed me later for ther $69.95 with out authorization. I called and got a service rep who said "Too Bad" you agreed when you got the free sample, I did not agree. Try to get your money back... what a Joke!!! Even my bank said it would probably be hard to get it back. They see this all the time from these company's. I talked to my attorney who said... "Don't waist your money trying to fight it. Just cancel your credit or debit card get a new one and move on". It is not worth it... Suckered in again... I would like to know how to get these Scammers off the Web and out of circulation and make them pay!!!

susan Jun 09, 2016

This place ripped me pff of $69.95. and will not send my money back.

susan Jun 09, 2016

This stuff does not work and guaranteed it.

Angela Nichol Jun 09, 2016

I am now contacting the Nevada Consumer Protection Agency and sending this list of complaints to them plus all the correspondence I have had with my credit card company and the returned product which was returned to me "Addressee Unknown".
    Dont let this buch of ### get away with this!!

Mary D. Jones Jun 09, 2016

I agree with the above comments. I have had $400.oo worth unauthorized charges for this product. The $6.95 is a great scam. I've used my card for many charges over the years without any underhanded trick done by this company. This a lesson learned. I heard about hoodia and thought it was ok based endorsment by Opray Winfrey. That probably was the best part of the scam. These people at Hoodia Plex are the worse.

• Mi
    Michael Leannah Jun 09, 2016

I signed on for a free sample of hoodia and ended up being charged $70 for a month's supply against my will. The company operates under at least four names, which makes contacting them very difficult. When I finally made contact I was told they wouldn't accept the package in return mail, that if I refused shipment, they would take the package but NOT refund my money. This company's marketing tactics are despicable. I will do what I can to alert others of their dishonest practices and I will be contacting the authorities to see what can be done to rectify this matter for myself.

• De
    Dexter Levette Jun 09, 2016

I too was billed without authorization.I felted safe at first because it was linked to an article on the internet saying it had been endorsed by "Oprah".Well to my chagrin I to have fallen victim to the Hoodiaplex Labs scam.It has truly discourge me to by anything in the future over the net.I plan to contact the Better Business Bureau of Las Vegas,NV at [protected] and filed a compliant against this company and also contacting lawyers in the LasVegas area to possibly bring a lawsuit of some type against these thieves.Please contact me at my E-mail if you feel as strongely as I do.Thank you for your time.Fellow HPLSvictims.

• El
    Elizabeth Fair Jun 09, 2016

I hate scam companies and I can't find anyone to help. Wonder how many of us have been ripped off? If a class action suit is ever filed, I want my name to be on the list.

• Fa
    fay greene Jun 09, 2016

This was a scam and there should be some omnibus that you can report to and get your money back my credit card has not seen anything like this which is so blatant.

• Sh
    Sherrie Patterson Jun 09, 2016

I to ordered a trial sample I read the part that said you would have to cancel in order to not receive further shipments. However upon receiving the trial offer I found that there was absolutely no contact information in the envelope and finding them again on the web was like finding a needle in a haystack.

• St
    Stanley Boris Jun 09, 2016

Just like others that were scammed, I also received a next months supply, even when I wanted to try the 30 day free trial size. I should have been charged on s/h $5.49. Then I was billed $69.95, plus a Foreign Fee of $.56. Because I did not request this product, and no where on their website stated that I would be receiving monthly supplies of this diet pill. I contacted the Credit Union to dispute the two charges. Here are two phone numbers that the Credit Union gave to me to try and resolve this. #[protected], [protected]. I tried to contact them, first number was dropped, second number, I spoke to a saleswomen, was transfered to another department, put on hold then also waiting for over 1 min, this too was dropped. When I contacted my Credit Union, two things happened. #1) I submitted a Mastercard Dispute form. #2) Cancelled the Mastercard, and will receive another one (this will prevent any other unauthorized charges from this company HoodiaPlex Labs). Hope this helps.