HoodiaPhenRip off!

T

I ordered a "free" sample of the diet product hoodiaphen and later found charges on my bank account for $49.95 and $149.95 for a 60 day supply of this product that I did not want. I did not authorize these charges and have been unable to contact anyone to cancel my membership. I had to cancel my card and get a new one issued to ensure that no more money would be taken. I wish I had done more research on this before I had committed myself to the "free" trial. It is a rip-off and a scam. I did not want the additional supply and cannot even take the pills. I noticed after taking the pills for a week I started to experience chest pains, headaches, and choking sensation in my throat. The website listed on the confirmation email I received does not work. After I received the additional bottles I was able to get to a website and followed the links found there. This company is a scam and a disgrace! Something should be done to stop their lousy business practices. They are ripping thousands of people off!

• Mo
    monserrat reyes May 07, 2008

I had ordered hoodiaphen and I decided not to take ut so I have been trying to get my money back but I can;t find an adress to return it so I can get my refund I have called two different phone numbers and I am not able to get a hold of any one please help me

• Do
    DOROTHY RHOADES Apr 23, 2008

I FILED A COMPLAINT 4-17, GOT TICKET #ID3399. HAVE RECEIVED NEITHER E-MAIL NOR PHONE CALL AND A WITHDRAWAL WAS JUST MADE 4-21 FOR $69.95. I WANT THIS CHARGE FOR LAST MONTH AND THIS MONTH REIMBURSED. THE SHIPMENT FOR LAST MONTH WAS RETURNED AND NOTHING HAS BEEN SENT FOR THIS MONTHS' CHARGE OF $69.95. MY DOCTOR HAS FORBIDDEN ME TO TAKE THIS PRODUCT AS I HAVE A SKIN PROBLEM. MY PHONE NUMBER IS [protected]

• Lo
    lolita Mar 27, 2008

I want to cancel order but there is no contact in order everytime I receive it. My bank acct is being deducted every month for this order.

• Li
    lisa windwehen Mar 27, 2008

i dont want this and i not going to be charged cause i never gave authority for it.

• Cr
    Crystal Mar 27, 2008

I can't beleive that they can get away with running a scam and uses big headlines like Oprah to get away with this. Someone needs to help hold them accountable. It's rediculous!

• Cr
    Crystal Mar 27, 2008

I have been going through the same thing. They are withdrawing from my account and I haven't even ordered anything. Someone need to stop them!

• Sp
    SP Mar 20, 2008

Call [protected]. I was able to cancel quite easily within one minute!

• Ni
    Nichoal Wilson Mar 20, 2008

I had ordered something from Hoodiaphen.com and never received one of the items that I ordered. Yet I was still charged. Then a month later they charged me $69.95 for what I do not know. I never received anything and I still got charged for something I never ordered.

• Da
    Dawn Mar 18, 2008

Wish I had seen all of these complaints before I too was tricked into the $4.95 Free Trial scam. But, thanks to your complaints I immediately called my bank to cancel my card. They'll get their $4.95 and not a penny more!!

• He
    Heather Mar 18, 2008

BIG SCAM - BEWARE!!!

• Hi
    Hilda Hernandez Mar 17, 2008

I too was charged without my knowledge. And when I called
    to ask about it they stated I didn't reply within ten days. But there was no instructions nor any return address for the sample bottle to be returned. My credit card was charged 149.95 twice and they won't return my money. That is not the bad part. The bad part is I never recieved any pills other than the ten day free trial.

• Ti
    Tina Brown Mar 13, 2008

I payed for and received my free trial offer but now they have sent me 2 more bottles that I didn't order. I'm sure they are charging my credit card. The credit card I used is my child support debit card!

• Me
    Melinda Durkee Mar 11, 2008

I WILL GO TO COURT... i WILL NOT LET THIS COMPANT GET AWAY WITH THIS KIND OF ROBBERY...

THEY SENT YOU TWO SMALL BOTTLES AND THEN BILL YOUR CARD FOR 149.95... PLEASE DON'T EVER BUY THIS STUFF...

• Fr
    Frances Simmons Mar 10, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me. How do we eliminate these people?

• Am
    AMBER Mar 07, 2008

somebody signed me up for this too...and it is my belief it is the company!!! Unfortunately for me they stole my debit card numbers....and then gave me an IP address that the order came from...when I searched it and called quest about it both came up "non existent" How convenient for them!
    I called my bank after receiving three bottles of their crap product and they had taken 75 out of my account.
    Your bank/credit co will have the number listed...
    I was given
    [protected].
    It feels like a scam and in my opinion it is, but when I was looking through their website there is a negative clause in the agreement, so for anyone that gets the sample, you are agreeing to pay the XX amount every month for your supply until you call and cancel. Yet they don't provide you any information to actually cancel it.
    Call them immediately and cancel it and try calling your credit card company to dispute it and SEND THAT CRAP BACK!!!!
    They "said" they would give me a full refund because I had all three bottles unopened, but its been two weeks and I've yet to see it....and every time I call they are "taking care of it right away"
    Good luck to everyone. They are a shady company and they don't deserve a cent of anyone's money.

Mary Ann Miller Mar 06, 2008

I ordered the free simple of this product and have received a supply on unordered bottles and found that I will be billed for this. There is nobody available online to enable me to cancel this product. This company is a scam! I hope others check into it before getting taken.

• Sh
    Shirley Albright Mar 05, 2008

I too ordered a 30-day supply of Hoodiaphen from a website for $4.95. I received it ok and before 2 weeks had passed I received 2 more bottles. I had to sign for those with my postman, but at the time I wasn't sure what I was signing for. After he left, I discovered it was more Hoodiaphen so I thought perhaps I was supposed to get 90 days not 30 days worth. My printer was almost out of ink so I had not printed a copy of the info of the order from the site like I normally do. Then my computer crashed so I was not able to find the website I had ordered from. I checked my checking account today after receiving 2 more bottles today and discovered that this WORLD RESERVE MO place has deducted $13.40 3 times from my debit card. My bank took off the charges and also canceled my debit card so that they cannot deduct anymore. I hope something can be done about them. BEWARE!

• Al
    Alice Andrus Mar 04, 2008

Received free bottle on 2/16/08 then the other 2 bottles on 2/19/08. Charged $69.95 and when I called they said if I wanted to return the other 2 bottles I would be charged $35.00 for the free one because I didn't continue my monthly deliveries.

I didn't even get an explanation of this. I want to know if any one else got scammed.

• St
    stephanie Mar 02, 2008

I called my bank about their scam last night to dispute their charges and my bank gave me a number that they have for this person who is in charge of it! Email me if you want it! Ive been trying to get a hold of them but voicemail comes on. Sounds like a young girl!

Sandy Mar 02, 2008

My daughter ordered this product online using my credit card. I seen immediately when she done it and tried to cancel right then. Well, they charged me a 35.00 cancellation fee even after the terms and conditions say that it is absolutely free, except for the shipping fee, if it were cancelled before the first automatic shipment after 14 days. I was really upset and really told them what I thought about the situation. However, they would not cancel my subscription unless I emailed them that I agreed to the cancellation fee. I felt trapped. I paid the cancellation fee and now after reading about their deceiving practices, I'm afraid they may charge my card for more. What can we do about it? How can we stop them?

• Pa
    Patricia Miller Mar 02, 2008

This is a scam and do not get tangled up in their deceit. I can't even find an address to file a complaint against them in SC. If anyone has this information please let me know. I am contacting my bank to block their charges but any help against them would be appreciated.

• Co
    Connie Mar 01, 2008

The same thing happened to me. I called them and was told it was in the fine print that when I ordered the free trial I would recieve the two bottles. They don't seem to work and I'm stuck with two expensive bottles of nothing.

• De
    Debbie Mar 01, 2008

I, too, have been duped. How do I go about cancelling any future mailings and products from this company? I don't even have a mailing address for them. How do I go about stopping unauthorized future charges on my credit card now that they have my credit card number? HELP! It would be nice to have a mailing address to that I could write a registered letter to the company.

• Ju
    Julie Feb 28, 2008

Thank god I saw the scam right after recieving my trial pills for 4.95. I called my bank immidiately and told them. Since I didn't give them my actual routing/account # and only gave them my debit card information, all I had to do was cancel my debit card and get a new one. Now they can't charge my card because it no longer exists. I claimed fraud before it happened. I hope some people can do this before they charge their card again.

• Ta
    Tanya Brake Feb 28, 2008

I also fell for this scam. Thank God that when I received HoodiaPhen in the mail, I decided to research it before I took it. I have cancelled my card so that can't charge anything more and I'm working on cancelling my "membership." Thank-you for this comment or I would have lost money that I need (I'm a college student). I will never be so quick to order things online again! LESSON LEARNED!!

• Te
    Teresa Veltri Feb 28, 2008

I agree & I also spoke to Quay & another girl names Angel, both of whom were very rude. The thing with these places is they advertise a "test trial" and put the terms & conditions in a link that you have to click on where it then states the membership fees etc. It is a scam but they have figured out a legal way to justify it. Just because someone signs for a package and orders a trial DOES NOT mean that they want a membership. I do not respect a company that will not reimburse their customers for something that they were mislead into believing . It's just not good business. This just happened & I was charged $69.95 from my bank acount so I am stopping payment on the order.
    Whwn I spoke to Quay she said they wouold only refund my half my payment & I thought it was very unfair.

• Mi
    Missy Fulks Feb 27, 2008

The same happened to me. I was charged $69.95 for 30 pills that I didn't order. However, I just called them and spoke to a female named Angie and asked them to stop the auto shipments. She was very pleasant and said that she removed me from the auto ship list and that I should not receive any more shipments nor be charged in the future. However, I did keep the 30 days that I already received and didn't ask to return them or for a refund. Maybe this is the difference. We'll see next month.

Joyce Feb 27, 2008

I also ordered the trail size of HoodiaPhen and then received an order that was charged to my account in the amount of $149.95. I was able to track the number of the shipper. They said I had agreed to the terms. NOT! For $49.95 they will cancel the recurring orders and refund the $100 after they receive the product. I am waiting for the return shipping number. The number to call is [protected]. I spoke with someone named Quay.

• Si
    Simple7733 Feb 26, 2008

I just read the information on the website, and it CLEARLY states under the link "Terms and Conditions" you WILL be enrolled in the automatic shimpment program if you sign up for the free trial, and in that information is also a link to cancel your information. Slow down and actually read the fine print and you won't get ripped off next time.....

joann hill Feb 26, 2008

This company charged/scammed my banking account 69.95 for products not ordered and without my permission. I originally ordered a sample from this company for 4.95 and this was paid with no further obligations. saw this on the OPRAH show and thought it would be legitate. I would like to have my money back plus my troubles of over drafts caused by this incident. PLEASE CANCEL MY NAME AND ACCOUNT.

Thanks
    joann hill

• Ro
    Robert Pinegar Feb 25, 2008

I ordered a so called free sample just pay the shipping for $4.95
    The next month I received 2 more unordered bottles with a $69.95 charge on my American Express Card. I called the co.
    and was told I could cancell for 39.95.
    Homerun Media
    585 E Meadow Ln.
    Washington UT. 84780
    Owner Tim Gardner
    [protected]
    [protected]

• Ka
    karen church Feb 23, 2008

If anyone knows how to get in touch with homerun/hoodiaphen, please let me know. My bill is being disputed and any further product returned unopened.

• Ka
    karen church Feb 23, 2008

I also tried the so called trail bottle, and was charged with no authorization $69.95. Do not buy from this company!!!

• Th
    Theresa Stokes Feb 21, 2008

Ok so we all have been duped. What the hell are we to do now? I too wish God would show these jerks no mercy. It's not going to get my money back though. I guess it is true that you CAN"T TRUST anyone anymore. I can't even go to the web site I was sent to to cancel my membership (spyware has blocked me from it) so thanks Hoodiaphen. You took my money, about gave me a heart attack with your giant caffeine filled pill, and now I have to get a new bank card and start some great process of redoing all my automatic withdraws!!! YOU STINK (Trying really hard not to freak out) May God take care of the rest of us whom you took money from.

• Ca
    Cahrlene Forman Feb 21, 2008

I agree with everything. I too, have been scammed! If anyone hasn't called their banking institution or their credit card company to cancel their card, please do so now. It will stop any further fraudulent charges to the card and account.

I don't remember the name of the person who sent me the email or the exact date, only that it was within the last three weeks, thankfully mine was the $149.95 charge only. It looks as if others have been charged the $4.95 and/0r $49.95.

• To
    toni Feb 19, 2008

i cancelled my cc .. reported it lost and or stolen. its the only way to get out of paying these fraudulent charges, and that was on the suggestion of my bank. Report this company to the attorny general, to the better business.. report it !! do not take this lying down. http://welcome.bbb.org/ this is the site to find the bbb nearest you . the more people that report it, the sooner we cant provent someone else from getting scamed.

• Su
    Susie Holland Feb 17, 2008

I would like to cancel my order which i didn't realize i had. All i did i thought was pay for a one time trial order of $4.95. all the sudden you are charging my credit card a ridiculous $69.95 fee for another order. I still don't understand why i can't get all of my $69.95 back since i have sent back the order without even opening the package-all the pills are still there. I talked to a person with the name of Angel. So this is to her attention- guess.

• Al
    alyce chapman Feb 17, 2008

I completely agree. I ordered these pills for $4.95 and now I have over $100.00 in unauthorized charges on my credit card. Not only did they make me sick to my stomach.. I can't reach the company.

joretha bell Feb 16, 2008

I talked with someone in customer service about a refund and they advised me to come to this website and my refund would be returned. I didn't order the hoodiaphen, but received a trail sample and two days later got two bottles and was billed $149.00 out of my checking account without my knowledge or authorization.

• Sd
    S DeMicco Feb 14, 2008

Can you please tell me the number to call since I have already filed an email complaint and need to speak to someone now? this is horrible and I guess thats what I get for not reading the fine print!