HoodiaPhenRip off!

T

I ordered a "free" sample of the diet product hoodiaphen and later found charges on my bank account for $49.95 and $149.95 for a 60 day supply of this product that I did not want. I did not authorize these charges and have been unable to contact anyone to cancel my membership. I had to cancel my card and get a new one issued to ensure that no more money would be taken. I wish I had done more research on this before I had committed myself to the "free" trial. It is a rip-off and a scam. I did not want the additional supply and cannot even take the pills. I noticed after taking the pills for a week I started to experience chest pains, headaches, and choking sensation in my throat. The website listed on the confirmation email I received does not work. After I received the additional bottles I was able to get to a website and followed the links found there. This company is a scam and a disgrace! Something should be done to stop their lousy business practices. They are ripping thousands of people off!

Maria E. Del Toro Dec 13, 2007

Same scenario: I ordered the stinking pills via a free trial basis on 11/13/07; which only the shipping would be charged to my c.c. of $4.95 (still have the printed receipt). I checked my bank transactions and there was a charge of $149.95 (which caused overdraft fees) on 12/5/2007. And same thing, I've been trying to see if I can get a hold of customer service rep and nothing. The good thing is that I have not opened the 2 stinking bottles and don't plan on taking the F*[email protected]^? pills. This is pathetic! Legal action will be taken!

• Cl
    CLARENCE E BERRY Dec 17, 2007

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU NICE PEOPLE THAT MADE THIS ALL HAPPEN FOR ME TO CHECK THE SCAM WEB (THANKS )AGAIN, AND I,M SORRY THAT DISHONESTY IS NOT HONOR BY THESE PEOPLE , HOWEVER WHEN THIS HAPPEN TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY JUST OFFER UP A PRAYER OF FORGIVENESS TO (ALMIGHT GOD) FOR THEM ,AND ASK HIM TO GIVE YOU THREE FOLD IN RETURN,AND IF YOU TRUELY BELIEVE WHAT YOUR ASKING HE WILL DO IT ,ALSO FOR THE EVIL THAT WAS DONE TO YOU AND I,OUR FORGIVEING THEM WITH A CLEAN HEART WILL ALOUD (ALMIGHTY GOD) JUDGEMENT TO TAKE PLACE ON THEIR LIFE AND THEIR FALSE DISHONEST LIFE STYLE, AND THAT THEIR SIN WILL COME UP BEFORE HIM TO BE JUDGE (PSALM37:1to40 PLEASE READ!!THEY WERE ABLE TO ONLY GET $4.95 FROM MY ACCOUNT,PRAISE THE LORD,IT,S HIS MONEY ANYWAY(PSALM:50-1to23 PLEASE READ, SO WHEN THEY ROB HONEST PEOPLE THEY ARE ROBBING (ALMIGHTY GOD) OH YES I WAIT A WEEK AND WHEN I DID NOT RECIEVE MY ORDER AND NO PACKAGE, I CALL MY CC COMPANY AND YOU KNOW THE REST, GOD BLESS TO ALL AND HAVE A BLESS NEW YEARS, BY AMIGHTY GOD GRACE AND MERCY.

Kari Hutcherson Dec 23, 2007

I just ordered the free trial for $4.95. What should I do?

• Me
    Melissa Brignac Dec 28, 2007

Was billed $149.95 (and never received product) without authorization after paying $4.95 for a free trial.

• Se
    SEXIMAMIRUCKAZ Dec 28, 2007

KRIS TO THE RESCUE LOL

their customer service number is 4056312211 the whole thing is a freakin rip off they are allowed to charge us 150.00 read the terms and conditions under privacy policy on order page this is ### i never saw that b4

• Pa
    parabola Dec 28, 2007

Same exact experience here.

Although it is important to "know" what the terms and conditions are, who actually reads that s%*#? The $149.00 charge should have been made available in plain site. If it were, then I am sure very few people would sigh up for the "free trial." BULLS&*#!

• Mi
    Misti Kirkpatrick Dec 29, 2007

I ordered free trial and now want to cancel but cannot find any information to contact Hoodiaphen. I will not pay cancellation fee. They are a rip off and it didn't work any way.

• Jm
    J Marcus Jan 01, 2008

Same exact thing happened to me. I paid $4.95 for the "FREE" 10-day sample. I just recieved that in the mail this last week (the sample) and now after looking over my credit card statement, have found that the company charged me $149.95 on Dec 24th. I have no idea what this charge is for and nobody will answer my calls to their customer service number. I never signed up for a membership to anything and am really pissed off at whatever I'm being charged for (especially since I just found out I'm pregnant and can't take the pills anyway!). They won't get away with this - I'm taking legal action.

• Ro
    ROSE HOLMES Jan 03, 2008

What should I do I have gotten my 15 day supply but did not get my card statement yet, what if I get charged,what should I do?

karen johnson Jan 07, 2008

i have unauthorized charges on my card that I did not agree to and not only that I still haven't recieved my product.

Francie Royer Jan 07, 2008

I ordered a free trial and paid 4.95 for shipping. I never received the trial bottle and the next thing that happens is that my mastercard was charged $149.95 for a bottle I never ordered or received. Total Fraud!

• Er
    erin pluard Jan 12, 2008

I am extremely upset with this fraud company!!! I did not give any permission for this company to charge me 149.95 for 2 bottles of this crap!!! I only paid 4.95 for a sample bottle and next thing you know I get 2 more bottles in the mail. I can't cancel it with them because there is no contact info on this company. I will call my bank come monday to cancel future fraud charges on my visa. I will continue to try to get my money back. I will not give up until this company pays us back!!!

• Ly
    Lynda Rose Jan 16, 2008

I signed up for free trial package of hoodiaphen. I did not agree to an automatic shipment of other pills. This company charged my account for the free pill for shipping and before I even got the free ones they charged my account for a full month of pills. There is no way to contact them, because there is no paperwork with the shipment.

frank rhode jr Jan 16, 2008

I got the same bad deal as you got. I haven't tried calling yet, but intend to call tomorrow. I assume I will have the same bad luck as you did. It seems like there is no good contact info for them, but I do not intend to let them get the $149.95 without a fight. It may take time, but I plan on taking some type of action against these frauds.

frank rhode jr Jan 16, 2008

Same thing happened to me and I will pursue them to try and get my money back. They are a fraudulent outfit and shouldn't be allowed to continue. Let me know if you have moved forward with trying to get your money back.

• St
    Steve Westmoreland Jan 17, 2008

I ordered the free bottle of Hoodiaphen, and sent it back to the supplier. It was returned, marked "Refused" three weeks later I receive 3 more bottles. I immediately took the package to the PO and returned it to the supplier and paid for a confirmation receipt. It was returned to me marked "refused". I cannot find anyone responsible who will talk to me about this. I have to show the credit card company that I have made an attempt to cancel the order, but can't find anyone to talk to.

• Ca
    Carolyn E. Faux Jan 18, 2008

The company has charged me with pills that I don't want and I can't get them to cancel because I don't get any response and they must have blocked the email address because it gets sent back to me and I don't know what to do... The charge to my credit card is 149.95 that is being approved on my account now.

I don't want this product!!!

Janet M. Herriott Jan 18, 2008

About the same - quite deceptive website - I found an unexpected charge of $149.95 which in turn resulted in a $54 overdraft fee!! I am in the process of trying to get satisfactory redress. By the way - there are several company names associated with this scam: www.hoodiaphen.com; Pure Energy Products; Homerun Media LLC; www.usaveonpills.com
    The fax number at hoodiaphen.com is non functional and so is the 'live chat' on usaveonpills.com.
    The websites are in my opinion intentionally deceptive. The 'fine print' is below the 'submit' button and the dollar amounts in the fine print are spelled out rather than shown numerically as is conventional. The result is that the appearance of the fine print is exactly that and about no one ever reads the stuff. I will try to contact others who have been deceived by these people and see if we can get a class action going.

• Sh
    Shannen Marie Jan 18, 2008

I'm currently experiencing the same headache but had never received the trial bottle which the company claims to have sent. In contacting my bank to prevent future charges I've been told they can do nothing because I provided my credit card to this company even though I never authorized additional charges. I'm curious if your bank claims the same practices???

• Ro
    Robin Kelly Jan 21, 2008

I had the samething happen. I ordered the free trail and never recieved anything and then had another charge charged out on my visa. And have yet to recieve any product. Has anyone had any luck with contacting anyone on this issue?

• Lo
    Lou Jan 21, 2008

I just cancelled any future shipments and got this reply:You will see a deduction of 35.00 from the card for the cancellation fee. Mr Brown
    Posted At: 21/01/2008[1:31:14 pm]
    Ticket Response2 : Thank you. Will there be a charge on my credit card? How much?
    Posted At: 21/01/2008[1:29:30 pm]
    Ticket Response3 : your order has been cancelled thank you Mr Brown
    Posted At: 21/01/2008[1:16:43 pm]
    WILL SEE IF THEY FOLLOW THROUGH!!!

• Lo
    Lou Jan 21, 2008

Posted At: 21/01/2008[1:41:15 pm]
    Ticket Response2 : We are an honest company that has been in business for over 18 years conducting business in this fashion. Every product affects people differently. Mr Brown.

THIS IS A REPLY I ALSO RECEIVED AFTER I CANCELLED.

• He
    herla Marta Jan 22, 2008

You know I did the same thing everyone else did, place an order for a free trial, without reading the fine print......Big mistake....Thanks to all the complaints I read this morning, I was able to cancel my subscription and also cancel my cc so no future charges from this people come thrue.....I also nofied my bank in case of any usual transaction, to be placed on hold for authorization.....I have learned my lesson, never again, will I get anything else on line without doing research and I will be aware of those FREE offers...........

jessica anne Jan 23, 2008

I'm having the same problem and am wondering if any one figured out how to contact the company.

Jeri Evans Jan 24, 2008

I am in same situation & have sent 3 emails to stop payment. Antoher was taken out today. I called my bank & got a number for home run media it's 405 631 2211. I haven't called it yet. Good luck everyone!!!

Maria Ramirez Jan 27, 2008

I also saw the ad for Hoodiaphen and saw Oprah's picture so I assumed it was something that was on her show. So I thought 4.95 is ok to try it. Well I got the pill read all the articles and now I am being charged for 69.00 on my account with out authorization. This is not right! I am going to dispute this to my bank.

I am not sucessful either in returning the three bottels I have recieved.

If anyone finds out how to contact them please share.

Margaret Purcell Jan 28, 2008

I may the mistake of odering a free trail sample of Hoodiaphen. There was no instructions in the bag, just the pills and 2 weeks later they sent me 2 more bottle. I never signed up for anymore pills. I want it to stop but don't know how to contact them.

Marlo Adelsberger Jan 29, 2008

I ordered the trial w/o reading the fine print as well! When I was charged on my account it post through a company called Pure Energy-Homerun Median. Their # is 1-405-631-2211.

Hope this information is helpful to all!!

I myself am happy with this product and when I called, the gentleman was very polite!

• As
    Ashley Trowell Jan 29, 2008

I completley agree with everyone. I just got my "free-trial" and something made me come to the computer and look up some facts before i took it. Well the first thing that pulls up is the scam. I immediately call my bank and canceled my card and got a new one ordered. I would advise everyone to do the same!!

• As
    Ashley Trowell Jan 29, 2008

The website that is on the package you get, if you havent already been there, is a website where you print postage. Imagine that!! I am just glad that I read these complaints before they started charging me. I was able to cancel my card. I just hope some of you get as lucky as I got.

• Li
    Linda Hinkson Jan 30, 2008

I order a free sample and the pills, keep coming . I refused the delivery. They don't work either. I have not received my statement from them yet, but it is suppose to be $4.95 SH&HANDLING. Their is no company name on my bottle or address.

Linda Hinkson.

• Ci
    cindy hunn Jan 31, 2008

I am so glad I saw all of these complaints, because the same thing happened to me. I paid the $4.95 for the trial bottle & about 6 weeks later got the sample bottle and then was charged $69.95 on my Visa. I have been emailing them stating I never authorized this charge, only the $4.95 amount, to no avail, and then a week later I received 2 more bottles. I have called them after getting no where via email and I have still not heard back from them. I, too, will contact my credit card company and dispute this transaction.

karen croft Jan 31, 2008

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I did receive the sample for $4.95. Then two days later my credit card was charged $149.00 then I received a shipment three days later for two bottles. I returned it back without opening the package. I contacted the company at 888-527-0870 . The lady knew exactly why I called and knew what to say. This was not her first call. I understand that I should have read the terms and conditions completely but I did not. This has taught me a lesson regarding accepting anything without reading terms and conditions completely... after talking to the representative from the company she said that I could return one of the bottles and be credited back $70.00. I guess this is better than nothing. PLEASE READ ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS before ordering anything...

• Bo
    Bonnie Hartley Feb 01, 2008

I also ordered the "trial" version of Hoodiaphen, but when I got it I didn't see any instructions or directions... I looked on line and started seeing all the complaints. YIKES. You can call 888-527-0870 - it took some detective work to find this!
    After arguing with the "support" person and she insisted I didn't order from the website i told her, she got real RUDE, REAL fast!

They will tell you to go to www.usaveonpills.com/support/users/main.php
    you have to log on
    Hers's the actual Free Trial Terms:
    AP Program.

Terms: As a part of this free trial offer, you'll receive a free 15 day Trial of the Phentrazine and you only pay $4.95 for shipping and handling. This gives you the opportunity to try the super diet aid for free to let you decide if this is the right product for you.

If you are enjoying your product, do nothing, and we will place you on the Auto Savings Program with a ONE TIME auto ship 20 days after your trial order. We'll bill the same credit card information you have used for this transaction for the amount of $149.95. This will include two 60ct bottles (Value 169.95) (+ Free E-Gifts)That is a savings of $50.00! You are obligated and agreeing to the One time Auto Savings Program by hitting the submit button. You can cancel within 15 days of requesting your trial package. ($49.95 cancellation fee will apply) No commitments, no hassles, you can cancel at anytime within 15 days of sample request. Please note this special offer is limited to one free trial per customer, per household, per credit card etc. $4.95 S&H is non-refundable

Cancellation instructions: If you wish to cancel your membership within 15 days from original sample request, just follow these simple instructions to ensure that your credit card will not be charged and auto shipment will not occur. Go to our top menu header on this page and click on Submit Ticket. Create a user account and supply us with the same information that was used when placing original sample request and a Representative will cancel your program for you. Please allow us 24 hours to respond to tickets submitted Monday thru Friday 9-5 ct. Your response will be emailed to you and you can always log back into system to check response. No phone cancellations or direct emails are accepted until you open a support ticket. You must cancel your Auto Savings order prior to charge. If cancellation via a support ticket was not done prior to charge, no cancellations can be made and NO REFUND will be issued. No returns will be accepted if the recurrent order was not canceled prior to the charge of the next and final shipment package. All returns must have RMA #. RMA #’s will only be issued via our support site. Packages with no approved RMA # clearly visible on the outside of the package will be refused.
    IF YOU CANCEL YOUR AUTO SHIPMENT before you are billed for the special discount price, you will be charged $49.95 for the trial bottle received.

You are charged this fee because you received your trial bottle free ONLY with the agreement that you are going to receive or place an order within 30 days. The $4.95 S&H is non-refundable. If you choose to place an order for a trial bottle with no auto savings program, they can be purchased for $39.95 plus s/h.

Please note: When placing your sample order you entered into a legally binding agreement. If the ONE TIME Auto Savings Program CANNOT BE COMPLETED and agreement can not be reached via our online support center you will be turned over to collections for the $149.95 fee along with any and all fees we have incurred due to breach of agreement.

• De
    denise bryant scutt Feb 03, 2008

Went for the "free" trial offer, paid s&h charges only as stipulated in the ad. Find charges on credit card later that are unauthorized. FINE PRINT makes some scams apparently legal.

jeannette morse Feb 06, 2008

I ordered my "free" sample of Hoodiaphen for $4.95. I have now been charged 69.95 on my credit card and they say they will charge me $35.00 for a cancellation fee. But he will wave the $35.00 cancellation fee if I don't report them to the better business bureau. How do you like that one. Ok so we are all complaining but what are we going to do about it!!!

Jerri Bryant Feb 06, 2008

I ordered a supply of diet pills which were suppose to be free and you pay only $4.95 for shipping. and for another $6.00 you get another bottle of something, which I can't remember what it was for. Two weeks later I see a charge for $69.95 for something I never ordered!

• Co
    Corrine Young Feb 06, 2008

Where do I go to cancel all of this mess they have made of my credit card? What a rip off they are. Maybe we should contact Oprah? Any one know how to?

• Ar
    Arlesia L Butler Feb 07, 2008

I ordered the Hoodiaphen with a $4.95 free trial and I cannot get them to cancel this. They keep charging my credit card without permission. I followed the instructions for cancellation, but they refuse to help me. They refer you to a website that you are unable to access to be able to cancel. I don't know what else to do except. I am very frustrated and angry. Please can something be done to this company? I will NEVER order another thing without first checking it out.

joyce c mcclain Feb 08, 2008

I order a sample for free online, and few days latter they charged $149.95 to my credit card.I called an a lady answer the phone. I was told that nothing I could do to get my money back.I told her that I was going to stop the transaction before they get the money,and she said that they will turn me over to a collection department. I told them do what they got to do an I will do the same to get my money back from them for something I didn't order a second time around.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices