Hooblycat breeder

Breeder using name bengal4life had a beautiful 1 year old Maine Coon listed for $400. I emailed her through Hoobly, and later texted and also talked to her on the phone. I decided to go ahead and purchase this cat, and she sent a money request through Zelle for the full amount of $400. So I paid that and we had plans that I would go to OH to pick her up. After I paid, she said she is willing to meet me half way, so I accepted that. Later she said she & her sister would combine this trip with visiting their brother, so if I would gas, she would bring her the whole way. So I sent $80 for gas. Then excuse after excuse, and no cat. I asked for my money back twice, and she doesn't respond at all. A week later she has the same cat posted again, this time at $550. Easy way to make money, just sell the same cat to as many people as you can.

• Updated by rosekeen, Jun 13, 2019

This person has now changed her username from bengals4life to to preciousbengals08.

Do a google photo search on her photos and see where the exact same picture is in other countries as well!

Ro
Apr 13, 2019

Comments

• Mo
      Apr 30, 2019

Basically the same thing happened to me. I messaged a "seller" username jamiecummings on Hoobly. She messaged me back with her phone number. We texted several times, chatted on the phone a couple of times and I felt it was legit. She asked $850 for a Sphinx kitten. Deposit of $400. I paid the deposit through paypal friends and family. She claimed she never received it. She desperately tried to get me to resend, which thank goodness I didn't. I called paypal several times and they assured me that if I sent it to the email she gave me, she received it. For the next 24 hours she relentlessly tried to get me to resend the payment, except for $450 the next time. I didn't. Now a week has passed and she will not return my messages. DO NOT BUY FROM ANYONE NAMED Jamie Cummings or Kim Stalks (this is who the paypal payment went to per her request). She is clearly using the same photos to take deposits on kittens that she clearly never intends to deliver upon her promise.

• Jd
      Jun 06, 2019

@moneyspendingal We were looking into doing work with her as well. Did your $400 come out of your account? My wife submitted the payment a few times and kept getting the response that it didn't come through. Luckily, it has not come out of the account yet, and we are in contact with paypal hoping they don't come out all at once. Did yours ever come out? Were you able to get your money back if it did?

• Ro
      Jun 13, 2019

@jdb11 I paid through Zelle, and noo, I never got anything back. I still keep asking her.

• Ol
      Jun 13, 2019

@rosekeen What did she tell you her name was

• Ol
      Jun 09, 2019

Same thing just happened to me using the name Bengals4life, I talked and texted with her sending tons of pictures of kittens, she said her name is Samantha Gast, I used western union, so she must have several identities, well got my money too, I used hoobly before, never will again

• Ro
      Jun 13, 2019

@OliviaT So sorry to hear that! I paid through Zelle, which I thought was safe, but there is no way of getting my money back. Her bank account was set up with the name Samantha Gast. I saw she changed her Hoobly ID now, but I posted several ads warnings others of her tactics.