Hometown Dental GroupBogus claim

S

On February 17, 2008 I went to Hometown Dental Group for a free consultation. Prior to going I saw an ad in the phone book that said free new patient consultation (includes x-ray and exam.) I called them to also verify this and was told by an employee Stacey that it was indeed free. I went to my appointment and after the consultation Stacey asked for my insurance info so that they could verify coverage for the dentures I was interested in getting. The quote I received from Hometown Dental Group was highly inflated as they wanted $1200 and another dentist quoted me at $700 so I decided to go with the other dentist and advised Hometown Dental Group of my decision.

On August 8, 2008 I received an explanation of benefits from Delta Dental in which case Hometown Dental Group put through the charges for the free consultation which included x-rays @ $200 and the exam @ $35. Delta refused payment on the consultation but paid some of the fess for the x-rays. I am disputing ALL these charges!! Not only are they submitting a fraudulent claim but I don’t even have all the teeth they are claiming to have x-rayed and the consultation was supposed to be free!!! Please see attachments from their website and yellow pages ad that says “Complimentary Makeover Consultation.”

I spoke to Stacey with Hometown Dental Group on 8/11/08 and advised her of the charges that Hometown Dental Group put through to my insurance. Stacey said that because I decided to go elsewhere they decided to bill me for the “Complimentary Makeover Consultation” and as a courtesy she would credit the $35 charge for the consultation but I’d have to pay for the x-rays! I again advised her per their ad the x-rays were supposed to be free and she told me to suck it up and good luck trying to get them removed and then she hung up the phone!!!

I am disputing any and all claims put through by Hometown Dental Group on 7/17/08 as they should have been free and the only reason I gave my insurance info was so they could check the coverage for the dentures!!

• Au
    Austin Aug 11, 2008

File a complaint with the FTC. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices