11:00 AM - 8:30 PM

Hometown Buffet Restaurant / restaurant

Et Jun 05, 2019 Review updated:

On June 2 I and my family were in Fresno California and wanted to enjoy a nice meal at Hometown Buffet. Their was a total of 8 of us. As we entered the restaurant it didn't appear to be very appealing. The gal at the register was very nice. Their was not a very big selection of food, 75% of the food was out. The gentleman that was carving the meats had no gloves on. The chocolate milk /milk station was crusted with old milk. My wife went to grab a plate and it was covered in mashed potatoes from the plate beneath it. She took it to the lady at the register and let her know and also they were completely out of forks. How is a big chain restaurant like hometown run out of silverware.? My cousin went to get another helping of food and as he was picking up a plate their was a cockroach. He got the manager who very quietly covered it up. During this same time people were getting food. Where their is one cockroach their is more. My wife was livid, as our nephew was eating the food and he is 2yrs old. She became very upset asked the manager politely to refund our parties money, which she was very accommodating to do so. The manager thanked us for being discrete about the situation but also continued to let other people and their kids eat the food. Hometown is one of our families favorite places to eat when we travel out of town. Always been a pleasure to dine at hometown but I doht think we want to visit hometown franchise again. Its unfortunate because normally we've always enjoyed our hometown visits.

Thankbo,
Graves Family

Comments

• Al
    Best Best Advice

How much of the food did you eat before asking for a refund. Cannot afford to treat your party then don't. It is a good thing that you won't be visiting them again. You cannot afford their prices.

Jun 05, 2019

@allis bin dee Prices have nothing to do with. Fact of the matter their was coackroaches. Hello not that it matters but we had only eaten not even a plate of food for some of us. Hello cockroaches...

Jun 05, 2019

@ETGraves I doubt you are telling the truth. Probably ate a lot of the food before you claimed there were cockroaches. it is a shame.

• Mi
      Jun 05, 2019

Those Hometown Buffet places are known for [protected]@p food.

•   Jun 05, 2019

You say you saw it wasn't very appealing but you stayed anyway.

See our problem??? You had the opportunity to peace out but you stayed. The establishment deserves their money.

Your cousin got more food and then the cockroach. So you continued to stay. This is getting worse.

Your wife was livid for the surroundings that she okayed. Oh lordy.

You got your refund, right??? So Why we here??? Stop wasting our time!!

Jun 05, 2019

@Um is not an answer! They are lying about cockroaches. They are lying to get their meal for free. They just cannot afford to eat there. They lied just to get a refund. That is what happens when you have kids and cannot afford to feed them.

Jun 06, 2019

@allis bin dee The manager wiped up the cockroaches. I said our cousin went to grab another plate that's when the coackroaches were found. We were not even their 20 minutes. You know nothing about us so dont judge weather or not we can afford to feed our children. If you must know we was on a trip. You dont know us. Only reason why you be trolling is because you either work their or know someone that does. But it's okay the health department will check into the restruant. That place is giving Hometown Buffet a bad name.

Jun 06, 2019

@ETGraves Stop with the PS, you just want a free meal. Also stop with the lies I am not trolling. I am simply stating the truth. Mommy needs to give you a good slap across the face and take away your internet little boy. I do not know anyone that works there. I don't work there.Stop lying about me. I have been on this site for a while. I have made posts to many replies. Liar.

Jun 06, 2019

@allis bin dee I think you are just a child. Stop trolling. Your comments are a joke. Hahaha

Jun 06, 2019

@ETGraves Before you go around responding anymore you should know what happened after we left. I was so angry. I got into an argument with my sister. My nephew started crying because I was angry at his mother. I got angry at him that I grabbed him and threw him to the ground then punched him hard in the stomach. His mother was on top of me and she had to pull me off. I thought that she was really going to hurt me. I told her that I would call the police and press charges. She said that I attacked her son first so they would take her side. I later calmed down and apologized to my sister for hitting my nephew. She said she did not want to talk to me. She said she was going to press charges. I said that she hit me first. She said that she was just defending her son. I said that if he were not a spoiled brat and gave him a a spanking every once in a while he would not be a brat. She said he was crying because he got scared when I was yelling at her. I told her that if she had taken my side none of this would have happened. I was angry at her when she refused to accept my apology. I got angry at her when she said she is considering pressing charges. I was so angry that I told her that I wish her son would die. When I went to apologize to her through text messing she blocked me. She refuses to talk to me. I apologized to her, but she never apologized to raising a spoiled brat and starting the whole thing. She said I was making a scene at the restaurant. That is when I started yelling and using profanity. She told me not to use profanity in front of her son. My nephew started crying. I was angry at this point that I threw him on the ground and punched him in the stomach. It took a few people to calm my sister down when she went at me. Everyone took my sister's side. Even the police. They told me I have no right to attack a two year old. They asked my sister if she wanted to press charges. Guess what. She said yes. My own sister.I guess she does not believe that blood is thicker than water.

Jun 06, 2019

@ETGraves I am not a child. I am 20 years old. If you think that I am a child why are you asking me to send you naked pictures of myself. If you think I am a child why are you telling me that you want to meet me to have sex? You wish I was a child. According to your private messages you are into children. You brag about how you abuse children sexually.

Jun 06, 2019

@ETGraves You are the one acting childish. Asking for a refund because you could not afford the prices.

@ETGraves Them does not work *there. šŸ¤£

But you said he went back for more. He are his first plate in less than 20 minutes? And he was satisfied with the food enough to want seconds???

Meanwhile you apparently got your refund so WTH are you bi7ching about?? Score! You were right to point out the cockroaches to the manager and he was nice enough to comply with your [censored] wife so why are you here????

20 minutes in and the cockroaches came and you STILL stay???? I must question your sanity.

Jun 06, 2019

@ETGraves You make lies about me. Lies like I am trolling. Lies like I work in the restaurant. You are the one acting like a child.

•   Jun 06, 2019

@ETGraį“ es Oh hi again!!! [censored] Troll from hell! I'd press charges on your ass, too.

Sure blood is thicker than water. Thanks for assaulting a freaking baby. Assstwat.

•   Jun 06, 2019

@allis bin dee You know it's the [censored], right?

Jun 06, 2019

@ETGraves if I am a child how can I have a job there as you claimed in another lie you told us. You want me to be a child. According to your private messages you have a sexual thing for kids. Mommy needs to take away your internet and give you a good slap across the face. Also do you not know how to read. Telling you that you are wrong is not trolling. This is a third lie from you.

•   Jun 06, 2019

@allis bin dee The graves account that wrote they hit their nephew has one response.

Jun 06, 2019

@Um is not an answer! She was on her fourth or fifth plate when she saw the cockroaches. Or I saw them. She claimed that she did not see anything. I told her to say she did so we can get our money back. Then we got into an argument. We said some things to each other. I got angry and told her that I hope her son dies. They made me so angry that I hurt my own nephew. Now thanks to them she and I are fighting and I left bruises on my nephew' arms because I was angry at her. Even my wife took my sister's side. She is married to me and should take my side. I told her other child who was older to claim that she also saw a cockroach. She asked if this was lying. I told her no. This was helping her mother out by saving her money. It was not until later that my niece told her mother that I asked her to lie. My sister has such spoiled kids. I hate them all. They are disrespectful to the elderly. I am their uncle and they should respect me. Once I started hitting my nephew for crying and threw him to the ground my wife took my sister's side. She won't speak to me. Now she is questioning me about the cockroach. She wonders if I am lying about it. I told her it does not matter because we got our refund anyway. She told me that she was embarrassed if I had to lie to get free meal. She still thinks I am lying about the cockroach. So does my sister. My sister took my nephew to the emergency room. She wanted to make sure I did not break anything when I threw him to the ground. Thankfully my nephew was okay. If he was not I would sue them for medical bills that was caused by me hurting him when I was angry at the restaurant. I am upset because my wife and sister are questioning whether I saw the cockroaches or not. Just like you are, just like themre999 is. Why is everyone questioning me? Why did this restaurant make me so angry that I hurt my nephew?

Jun 06, 2019

@allis bin dee Maybe you are not a child. You sound like my sister. She said I was the one acting childish. My 12 year niece told her mother that I told her to claim that she also saw cockroaches. She asked why. I told her that if she makes this claim that mommy not have to pay for her meal. Now she told her mother that I told her to say this. I really did see cockroaches. I am so angry at my sister. She is considering pressing charges against me because I was so angry at them that I beat up my two year old nephew. Actually I was angry at her. In being angry at her I wanted to hurt her so badly. I thought that If I hit her two year old, it would hurt her more(inside) than if I hit her. Besides her little brat was crying. I got angry and grabbed him and threw him to the ground.I punched him in the stomach. Now I am so mad at my sister. She and my wife do not believe me about the cockroaches because of her 12 year old. I want her to suffer so bad for not taking my side. For not believing me. I hope her two year old son dies. Losing a child is the worst experience anyone can have. Now thanks to them i wish death on a two year old. My own nephew. Why because my sister yelled at me and does not believe me about the cockroaches. Thanks to them. Thanks to them my wife is angry at me. Thanks to them my sister won't talk to me. Thanks to them my sister may press charges against me. Thanks to them I wish my own two year old nephew dead just so that my sister can suffer. The worst pain is losing a child and I hope that happens to my two year old nephew. I hope she dies just so she can suffer.

Jun 06, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Either way he is still a liar. Scamming for free food. It would not surprise me if he did lie for free food. It would not also surprise me if he created the fake account as well.

Jun 06, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Most likely. But he bragged about raping children on his original account. He asked me for nude pictures on the original account. Here is what I think is happening. The OP creates an account. The OP somehow manages to duplicate the account. THe OP makes the same false claims that I work for the restaurant that they are complaining about. I have a feeling that they are the same person with similar accounts.

•   Jun 06, 2019

@allis bin dee Dude, these claims she getting old.

@Um is not an answer! * ARE

Jun 06, 2019

@Um is not an answer! That is because the same person is making the posts.

•   Jun 07, 2019

@allis bin dee Actually NOT who I am talking about.