Complaints & Reviews

TV stand

Hello.
We ordered from Homeclick a lot and in the past they used to be a nice company but they changed a lot. We bought a TV stand from them and when it arrived we found many small scratches on the back and on the inside. We contacted Homeclick customer service as soon as we found these damages and they promised to send someone to check. No one ever arrived and Homeclick gave us only empty promises.
Then we decided to return the stand for a refund and to be honest we were shocked when they said that was impossible. No matter what we tried they said "no". What happened to Homeclick?
We are now thinking about contacting BBB, because there is no other way to resolve this matter. Do not buy from this store, there are better places!

[Resolved] Ordered a lamp

My experience with Homeclick was not good and I'm very disappointed with their site and service. I have purchased a lamp and did not receive my order. According to their first notification message I was supposed to get my lamp in early January and it is now March and still no sign of it. I contacted them many times and every time they promised that I'll be receiving my lamp any time soon. These people are very unprofessional and all they can do is giving me empty promises. I hope I'll get my lamp soon, but that will not change anything and I will not be buying from them again!

RESOLVED

• HomeClick's response · Mar 16, 2017

Hello Jamma,

We sincerely apologize for this frustrating and disappointing experience. Thank you for bringing these delays to our attention. A member of our customer relations team will be contacting you today to help assist with your resolution.

Sincerely,
    Homeclick.com Team

[Resolved] Ordered a sink

I bought a sink from this store www.homeclick.com only because of their prices and they also promised fast shipping. Unfortunately, things were not so good as they promised. Delivery took over a month and when my order finally arrived and I opened the box I was shocked to see that it was not my order! I contacted Homeclick and explained that I received the sink but it was incorrect. They said that I can keep it and that they'll refund the price difference. I refused because shape and size of it did not match my bathroom. I wanted to return it and get a replacement but they said that was impossible and against their policies. I don't understand! The whole thing was their mistake and they were supposed to fix it. I would never recommend this terrible company!

RESOLVED

• HomeClick's response · Feb 02, 2017

Hi Rob,

We sincerely apologize for this frustrating and disappointing experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A member of our customer relations team will be contacting you today to help assist with your resolution.

Sincerely,
    Homeclick.com Team

Damaged Merchandise

Deliver damaged Bosch appliances and upsell for warranty that is completely unnecessary.
Refuses to pickup damaged $1700 dishwasher..., refuses to refund, answer, respond, timely or amy other common business practice companies consider "normal, daily business". they also lie about shipping dates and warehouse stock. BUYER BEWARE OF HOMECLICK.COM

Bad Online Business

I'm kicking myself! I generally do a decent job of online research before purchasing from companies online. I recently remodeled my bathroom. While comparison shopping for high dollar toilets, I stumbled upon HomeClick.com. They had the best prices for the particular TOTO toilet I was interested in purchasing. Only after placing the order did I find several online complaints regarding this company. I ordered the toilet at noon on 07/26/2012. Two hours later, I called to cancel the order that same day (07/26/2012). When I called, I was sent to an automatic voicemail which stated I should leave a message and someone would contact me regarding my cancellation within 24 hours. I left a message and proceeded to call again, this time punching numbers until I reached an actual person. I don't know the person's name, but when I told him I needed to cancel the order, he stated the same thing the automated voicemail had claimed, "Someone would contact me within 24 hours regarding my cancellation." No one ever contacted me. Instead, when I opened my email the next morning (less than 24 hours later), I received a notice that my order had shipped. My toilet arrived in two packages on 07/31/2012. The tank and lid cover arrived in perfect condition, nicely packaged and fully intact. The bowl arrived at my house in a box with a large, taped hole on the side, minimal protective foam inside, and a smashed toilet bowl. I had to wonder if it was intentional--due to my desire to cancel my order. The cost of the order was $346.63. I returned the tank and lid cover and received a refund of $151.97, which means I was "screwed" out of $194.66 just for the pleasure of shopping with HomeClick and getting nothing in return (except a valuable lesson). I have ordered from other companies online. If you're looking for more reputable companies, go with DecorPlanet.com or National Builder Supply. Both gave me excellent customer service--even when I needed to return a couple items and their packaging was top-notch! If you're interested in seeing the box the HomeClick toilet bowl arrived in, I took a video and am happy to share it.

Homeclick.com
  • Ci
    Cikaled Apr 03, 2012

Worst website ever, i ordered with them and the site read as all items in stock but that wasn't the case. It took over a month! to get 2 out of 3 items, when you email they don't respond and when you call they hang up on you. very dishonest people.

• Je
    JenniferHomeclick Apr 11, 2012

Hello, My name is Jennifer Breese and I am the customer service manager at Homeclick. I came across this review and would like the opportunity to research this on my end. Can I please have your order number or name on the account? You may also contact me at 888-837-85313 x 9551.

• La
    lab11300 Aug 18, 2012

I am the person who originally posted the above complaint. After reading other complaints regarding this company, I found an email address on the Complaintsboard.com website which allowed me to contact "Spencer" directly at Homeclick to voice my frustrations. He responded to my email, and I received a full refund. I'm thankful I was refunded the $194.66 and I commend Spencer for making it right, but this experience was very stressful--and it didn't need to be.

• Li
    Lindyk Feb 23, 2013

I too pride myself on being a savvy online shopper and have NEVER dealt with a retailer that charges a 15% restocking fee to exchange an item! I ordered 5 Kichler outdoor scones. I really like the style but wanted to exchange 2 of them for the larger version for the entryway. Apparently i will lose money if i do. Plus the price was no better than several online merchants including the manufacturer themselves. I will never order from them again. Restocking fees on unopened items when i have to pick up the shipping is a huge scam! Wake up people, no other reputable merchant operates like this...never again.

I ended up losing $230 and received nothing

Complete sham - you need to spend hours reading all the fine print, and even when you do and review with their customer service reps to make sure you follow all guidelines, they still find a way to slam you with unbelievable stocking fees (65%). Basically I ended up losing $230 and received nothing when I bought a washing machine and tried to return it. Even though a customer service rep told me I was "fine" and they would pick it back up for no charge, they took it back and hit me with a restocking fee they said they wouldn't charge. Unbelievable. Avoid at ALL costs.

• Sp
    Spenc42 Dec 13, 2010

Hello, my name is Spencer Freedman, Customer Service Manager at Homeclick.com. I can assure you that we are here to take care of any and all customer service issues. Please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] so that we may get this resolved. I am here and would love to get this taken care of right away for you. Thank you,
    Spencer
    [email protected]

COMPLIMENT

HOMECLICK.COM UPGRADED TO BUY!! BUY!! BUY!! - I recently ordered a bathroom mirror from Homeclick.com. They were so much cheaper then other online sites. I had my doubts about this company because of all the complaints it had against them. I called the company and asked about the complaints. I was told that this is a NEW company that bought the Honeclick company name in the spring of 2009. The new company has NOTHING to do with the OLD company and the complaints were lodged against the old company. They also assured me that I should not worry and place my order online. I crossed my fingers and placed the order. The order was delivered on time and in PERFECT condition PLUS I saved a lot of $$$. I can honestly say if you find an item at Homeclick .com that you like and is cheaper then other websites give them a try! My rating of Homeclick.com is BUY!! BUY!! BUY!! JG NY

SLOW delivery

Like so many others – I wish I had read the comments about slow or nonexistent delivery BEFORE I...

Avoid them

Placed an order for a dinner set on Jan 20, 2009. The shipment was schedule "on or before" Feb 3, 2009. Today it is Feb 12th and no word from them. I called them earlier and they said it would ship the next day. Lie. I call them couple of days later and they said it will ship in 2-3 days. Lie again. The price is low but if you expect the product at the given date then avoid this company.

• Un
    unknowns0rce Jun 21, 2009

homeclick.com is not a scam nor are they a bad company. Being that I worked for them, there are alot of underlining things that occure that the company has no controll over. I had to call the venders who would say one thing and give us a tracking number saying that the item is included in the shipment and it never would show up. I understand that you still ordered a product and things needed to be more exact and percise but sometimes with some vendors...that doesnt happen. Is it your problem? No way and for that I understand greatly. What it comes down to is this, Homeclick and the company do try and yes they do care. You need to make sure that you get the names of the person who is helping you on the other line and keep a document of it. Many times someone would call in for customer service saying they spoke to someone and we generally liked keeping the same customers because of the familiarity to the situation on hand. Once again, sorry you went through that because I assure you that that isn't what this company is about. -A former employee

Bad service

I was a little nervous ordering from them based on some of the reviews I read, but went ahead and took a chance because of the price. I ordered a Porcher Stanza vanity on Nov. 29. The original estimate was three weeks, but the written estimate was Jan. 5. It actually arrived on 12-17. It's strange that the ratings for this company are so extremely variable. As for me, I am quite satisfied.

• Al
    Alen Jun 03, 2016

I just bought an outdoor wall sconce "Augusta 3 - Light Wall Lantern P5912-80" and it arrived with a broken glass.

Okay things happen, no problem. I had my wife call their customer "disservice" number to let them know. She never received a call back.

That evening I had an e-mail, stating that they received the complaint and were now looking into whether the glass could be replaced by the manufacturer or not, and that they would let me know. Well, finally 6 days later I was told that they were sending a new glass replacement for me to install. I was also instructed not to e-mail them regarding this for at least 4-5 days.

After 8 days of waiting I replied back wondering where the replacement glass was and received no reply. The next day the glass showed up, but still no acknowledgement to my follow-up e-mail.

A good business would have issued an RMA number and had another unit on the way as soon as UPS posted the pickup of the broken unit.

Incidentally, they will not post a review from you if it is critical in nature.

Return Policy Terrible

This company is TERRIBLE. I have never had worse customer service in my life. I bought my wife a place setting of Sterling Silver Francis I for her birthday. As it turns out, there are 2 different kinds of dinner place settings, the difference being the size of the fork. I purchased the silver one month before her Birthday, since I wanted to make sure it was here for her to open. When we discovered that the size of the fork was different, I called homeclick to get exchange the fork and/or entire place setting, which was still in its original packaging, and was told that since 30 days had elapsed since my purchase a return or exchange would not be possible. I GOT PUNISHED FOR BEING THOUGHTFUL AND NOT SHOPPING LAST MINUTE!!! Needless to say I had a problem here. After numerous emails and 2 months of arguing with a HORRIBLE customer service agent named Dianna Corbett, I was "ALLOWED" to return the items less a restocking fee - for items that they already keep in stock! I will NEVER shop here again and you shouldn't either. Do yourself a favor - pay more money and shop locally.

• Li
    Lipoole Jun 03, 2016

I am very disappointed with my experience with "Homeclick LLC". First- they shipped the wrong product than the one I had purchased. Then, it took about 8 business days for me to get their shipping label e-mailed to me, so I can return the wrong item. After that, once they received my return, it took almost 1 month and 2 phone calls from me to them, for me to get the refund. Very poor service. Will NOT use their service anymore, and I would NOT recommend them to anybody.

Scam

Bought a zephyr ak2536 for $500 from Homeclick.com.

It was dented, circuit was broken, another part was broken, had parts missing. I e-mailed them immediately..2-3 days is deadline. They e-mailed me back said be 2-3 days they’d send parts. E-mailed them again asked about parts after 4 months.

They put me on hold, will not talk to me.

Wish I'd have read BBB complaints before buying from them.

They have many complaints on them.

Basically Homeclick.com sells damaged freight they get cheap from factories.

Sell these products as new...Don't honour any warranty. They’ve published...

Stay far away from Homeclick.com.

They have a SCAM business and will bite a consumer.

• Le
    Lew2 Feb 16, 2009

I've used Home Click at least three times in the past two years. Never had a problem. Order status was good and they were very forth coming when I called for further info about products. On one order I bought three high end TOTO toilets and was delighted with the price which include free shipping.

The reason I wound up at Home Click was because their price was best after doing a lot of comparison shopping.
    Not to say they always have the best price or that there wouldn't be a few customers that have had issues.
    But, my experience was good and I'd use them again. And no, I have no affiliation with Home Click

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices