Home protection and discover enterprisesWalmart $200.00

B

This number called me [protected]. They claim to be home protection and discover enterprises. They offered me a $200.00 free gift card to Walmart, and would send me two programs to browse through. There was a shipping and handling fee for $9.90. They first asked for my expiration date. What company asks for expiration dates first?
Then they tried to get my debit card number, and I asked what their website was, they said its under construction, but I went to the website, after making them give it to me, It was some fake website.
I stated they were a scam, and they were very rude, interrupting and certain questions I asked they would try to beat around the bush and start another conversation about something else.
I hate scammers. They have noting better to do then do this stuff.

• Je
    JessZ Oct 04, 2009

I was just on here yesterday posting the same comment I had the same thing happen to me! You better be careful and cancel your debit card because they can try to take more than 9.90$ from your card!!! Plus now they have your first and last name... so report it to your bank and don't ever accept phone calls from people who don't even speak english... what really gets me is that the guy I talked to said his name is Mike Francis... okay.. he can't even speak English he was so hard to understand...but yet he has an american name???? Give me a break!!! Man did I ever learn a lesson!!!

• Re
    rebecca arias Dec 18, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me and two of the companies charged my account for amacore. I guess they sell product for them and many more. I canceled and got my money back, but no gift cards. I am now filling a complaint with the better business burial. They will go after them for this and for the gift cards. I suggest if you payed you should do the same. Its free and if enough people complain tey will see a pattern and shut them down.