Home Mortgage Negotiatorrefund

We contacted Home Mortgage Negotiators after months of getting nowhere with our mortgage company. Home Mortgage Negotiators was supposed to help us get a modification on our home loan. They said that if at any time we weren't happy and wanted out or we were not satisfied with the modifications they presented us we would be able to get $970 back out of the $1500 we paid them. A couple months went by and Home Mortgage Negotiators did absolutely nothing. Our mortgage company eventually contacted us and offered us a modification. We called Home Mortgage Negotiators and told them their services were no longer needed since they have not done anything for us during that time. 2 hours later they call our mortgage company and get their names added to our account and then they call to us so. We immedietly called the mortgage company and had them removed from our account. They went behind our backs after we told them their services were no longer needed. That modification fell through because our loan was sold to another company and to this date no papers have been signed although we have another modification in the works. Home Mortgage Negotiators has in no way helped us with any of this nor are they on our account with the mortgage company. Since then they won't return our phone calls and refuse to give us the promised refund. They were supposed to keep $530 for processing fees (which should also be refunded considering they did absolutely nothing) and $970 is supposed to be returned to us. I want our $970 back.

icon23 Oct 23, 2009

There must be some sort of miscommunication on this issue. Please contact our office immediately, and we can address this.
    Thanks,

• Sh
    shewell Mar 03, 2010

Did you ever get your money back? I have been working with them for a year and they havent produced anything for me. I have been requesting my money back and they are now saying that they are in the process of a negotiation with my second mortgage.. how did you end up getting success on your own? Any tips you can provide?

• Pt
    PTMKOO Mar 20, 2010

Most Mortgage restructing solutions are scams, I have yet to find one that is legitimate, most mortgage companies are not restructing a loan, not unless the get pressure from the Feds, unless the laws are changed everything will stay the same. I wouldnt work with any of the companies not unless I didnt have to pay themunless they got me a good offer, never pay them a dime up front.

madfrog5 Mar 23, 2010

After 3 different people working my file, I had my mortgage company calling ME daily for paper work requests, finally they got me my trail plan which they guaranteed me would stay the same for the life of my loan!!! Not even close to be the truth, I again had to deal with 5 months of phone calls from my mortgage company about missing paper work that the negotiator at HMN said he called and made sure they had everything, then i get my final mod papers that say that my interest rate was still at 9.3% then when I called to ask why they couldn't even give me a straight answer... I am going to try and get my money back since they didn't do anything they said they were going to do in my contract.. $2400.00 gone to waste and I want my money back!!!

Go straight to your lender their either can help you or not an outside negotiator won't help!

• Je
    jeba6561 Apr 13, 2010

I am a living breathing commercial for Home Mortgage Negotiators in Michigan. I heard about them in a radio advertisement and was at first skeptical as I always thought I was a savvy negotiator. After speaking with them I felt comfortable that their approach would be at least as good as mine but since they were more informed could yield better results. I paid them the fee they asked for, provided them with the paperwork that was asked for and only once was I contacted by my mortgage company asking questions (I referred them to HMN because I was not getting foreclosure notices and the mortgage company would tell me when I called that I was in "workout" scheduled to have my file reviewed by their internal attorneys. Fast forward 5 months (during which I paid no mortgage payment PLUS was 3 months in arrears when I started this process so 8 months no mortgage payment!) and I get a notice from HMN that they had accomplished EXACTLY what they set out to do. I received paperwork the following week from the mortgage company indicating that 1. i would NOT have to catch up with my past due payments 2. that my next payment would be in 30 days and 3. that the interest rate on my loan was no longer 6% but instead 3% for 2 years, 4% for 2 years, and 5% thereafter. I was very surprised at this good a result and had another attorney review the documents and confirmed what they had accomplished. I am a consummate skeptic and often prefer to do things myself but the investment I made for this task delivered excellent (and always professional) results. I will let them use me as a reference as my case was/is real and I am a satisfied Michigan customer. For me HMN exceeded my expectations and performed a job well done. (now I will see if they can negotiate or eliminate my 2nd mortgage !!)

• Do
    dossin Oct 03, 2010

We are taking HMN to court Monday October, 4th. HMN guaranteed a 1, 000 refund if they did not lower our house payments/or interest rate. Neither came true and when asked for our refund they said quote" you have your house, correct?" Yes, without their help, although they did tell me quote" don't worry someone will buy your house and you will be able to live there". We have our house, beg /borrow to keep with no help from HMN.

I called HMN twice to talk about the refund, no response. They get a notice from us to appear in court Oct. 4th, the company calling now wants to discuss, saying why we put some in so much time...sniff sniff. Give me a break, where was HMN when we were days from losing the house? their response, , , , "Lets see, oh yea, GOOD LUCK".

I'll let you know what happens Oct. 4th.

We must spread the word, I've called the TV station...Please do the same, Fox, Channel 4 & 7, even the HALL of SHAME.

• Ga
    galina1967 Nov 02, 2010

We need to do so. This company is a scam. I already contatc Attorney General about Home Mortgage Negotiator Company and ask them to investigate. I also plan to file a lawsuite against this company.
    We have to let another people know about this company and prevent any futher scam.

icon23 Nov 30, 2010

Currently Home Mortgage Negotiator has a 98% success rate with saving people’s homes. Unfortunately when people are in the place of losing their homes this is a very stressful situation. If you are a current client of ours and have issues feel free to contact our company directly. If you are looking to become a client, give us a call. I would love to send you copies of completed modifications along with letters from satisfied clients that were able to save their homes, and save thousands of dollars a month.

• Je
    Jennifer Torres Jan 26, 2011

You guys ( HMN) are such LIARS!!! I went through a divorce, got behind on my mortgage, and hired HMN to help me save my home... They definatley take advantage of the week, and desperate... I at the time was a single mother raising two childeren on my own and they did not hesitate to take my 1500.00 and make oh so many promises...LIARS LIARS LIARS!!! They promised a refund guarantee if they could not save my home... They took my money in a matter of minutes, then I did not hear from anyone for a couple of weeks... I had to call and get updates, and EVERY TIME i called, I had to "refresh" their memory as to my case... Each time my case was transferred to a different person, and every time they "forgot" my case...like they hadn't even looked at my file. The one girl, Andrea who was on my case, quit and I didn't even know... Then of course it was transferred and transferred and "no word yet" but I had Wells Fargo calling and sending me requests for information...NOT THEM! I did ALL of the leg work, faxed, emailed etc... Two years this went on from start to finish... Guess what people? I LOST MY HOME!!! Unlucky for them, I have every single email, correspondence, voice mail etc. from them and even Wells Fargo attorneys have written a statement on my behalf, along with the real estate company they screwed over as well... I was informed by WILL and BRAD that I would not be getting my refund back because of the time lapse and the time it took to reach agreement with Wells Fargo... WHAT AGREEMENT???????????????? I have hired an attorney and not only am I suing for my 1500.00 back but for many other judgments... My house is going up for sheriff sale on February 15th for 43, 000... the price of a car!!! I bought it for 123, 0000... Don't fall for their angel investor scam either that they all promised...ya know the illegal way to have their investor buy it, then sell it back to you... There is NO angel investor, and guess what? ya know that real estate company i spoke of that was working with the "angel investor" She never spoke to him ONE time, nor knew his name... Then when Wells Fargo wanted a copy of the agreement from this investor? WILL was calling franticly to Remax ( the real estate company putting in the offers) because THEY DROPPED THE BALL!! Look out HMN you have messed with the wrong person!!! Jenni Torres Van Buren, Ohio PS We heard this advertisement on WJR... we are setting up a time to be on this radio station to tell them just exactly they are advertising to the American people! We are also going on the news very soon...

• Do
    dossin Jan 26, 2011

Jenny, received your email. Keep up the good fight! For others involved with HMN, don't give up.
    Document everything, from calls to letters. I went to small claims court. They came back saying they are going to take it a step further and hire a lawyer in civil court.
    They ended up settling out of court, of course they will make you a offer they that can't go any higher, not true. Do your homework and be ready to go to court, most likely it will cost more to higher a lawyer then settle.
    Good luck Jenny. Any more questions, let me know.

disgruntle1288 Jun 22, 2011

I too contact HMN and thought they may be able to help me save my home. I gave them $1500.00 and was informed that if they could not save my home I would get a refund of $1000.00. I have yet to see the money and would love to get it so I no longer have to deal with them. They never return my calls and I keep hearing the normal BS they spew from their mouths. I am going to call the local TV stations tomorrow and see if they can help me with this issue. HMN does not honor any contract they write and it has to be stopped!!!

disgruntle1288 Jun 22, 2011

Update on my LACK of progress regarding this "company" I am still waiting and will be contacting the local TV stations and the Attorney Generals office within the hour. I am done with this excuss and lie stuff. Let's see if putting them on the TV will change their ways and make them step up and "honor" their agreement. I think they may not have my monies and therefore can not refund it. Here I come TV, Attorney General, and Consumer Affairs.

disgruntle1288 Jun 22, 2011

I am so fed up with this company!!! I keep getting excuses and run arounds. I have come to the end of my rope with HMN and persuing other ways to get my refund from them. I made a complaint back in Feb of this year to the BBB and had my refund put on hold as a type of "punishment" for reporting them. I called my lawyer and he said to persue small claims court action. I will make this my last step in obtaining my refund. This will work well with my complaint to other companies. The paperwork they have you sign and fax back to get the "refund" is nothing but print on a paper. All this though, makes for a better agrugement on my half. I talked to Brad Patrick today and was informed my refund would not be in the office this Friday and that they would "call" me when it came in. I am now 5 days past the "up to 90 days for refund" period. I have been trying since January of this year to get my refund started/returned to me. I wonder if I will be "punished" again for complaining.

icon23 Jul 20, 2011

HMN is not aware of the above referenced complain from Milan, MI. Please contact the office to resolve this..

Christy23 Aug 26, 2011

DO NOT USE THESE GUYS THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!! THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE A D RATING WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. THEY DO NOT GET MODIFIACTIONS AND THEY DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS AS PROMISED

• Ro
    roze76 Sep 16, 2011

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM, , , We also been trying to get our money back, after 18 months of trying to get our mortgage modification done they signed the papers 4-4-11, they are LIARS, LIARS, people do not belive HMN and BRAD PATRICK, i have a lawyer and he adviced me to take these liars to the small claim court, i paid them $3000 and they promised to return me $2500 if they cant do the modification, , , , one way or another ill get my money back, i will not stop fighting

• Wi
    widlow Oct 19, 2011

Wow. im sure glad i found this website before i committed any money. I talked to them today and they told me to pay $1700, with a $1200 money back guarantee said they could help me no problem. could get my mortgage down to 4.5% currently at 6%. I think i will just bite the bullet and pay my mortgage as best i can.

ChristyC Nov 17, 2011

Widlow DO NOT DO IT!!! This company is a BIG SCAM!!! just check out their grade from the BBB (F) I was also told I would get a refund if they could not get me a loan mod that would benefit me. They were turned down twice by my bank. I paid to have an A forensic audit done and mailed it to the bank myself the bank then offered ME the modification which Brad patrick tried to take credit for, the modification that was offered to ME was higher than my original payment which I turned down and I am still fighting with my bank with NO help from this company they did nothing for us and will not return the $1500.00 they promised us back. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and also the Attorney General I encourage everyone who has been scammed to do the same they should not be allowed to steal peoples money anymore!!!

• Du
    duffman Jan 11, 2012

I contacted the office for HMN and was told that they closed up shop over night. I would like to take legal action and find whomever is responsible. I would never have gone through this without the endorsement of radio host John McCulloch from WJR. This was reassuring in the way in which it was presented and put me at ease with my decision knowing that someone with a reputation at stake endorsing their business would have been a bit more legitimate. I'm not sure how we will get our hard earned money back but I will be looking at any and all options to get what is owed to me.

Christy23 Jan 11, 2012

duffman, I agree my husband also heard this on the radio. I have filed a complaint with the attorney generals office and Better Business Bureau with no luck getting my money back. I am considering taking them to small claims court but was not aware they closed the business . I am really not sure how we get our money back.

• Wo
    WOR Jan 13, 2012

Same Same same... They took $1500 on May 11th, 2011 and promised refund of 970.00 if unable to help. Guess what? Been trying since around October to get refund - no return calls, no money. Had attorney send a demand letter - no response. Tried calling from blocked number and work number hoping to pose as a new customer, but could not get a live person or return call.

Just filed with Attorney General as well Not much hope of ever seeing a refund.

WJR IS IMPLICITLY TO BLAME FOR SUCKING IN ALL OF US THAT HEARD JOHN McCULLOUGH CLAIM THAT HE HAD CHECKED THESE GUYS OUT AND THEY WERE THE REAL DEAL. MEDIA WHORE!!! IF WJR WAS REALLY INTERESTED IN ANYTHING BUT THE BOTTOM LINE, THEY WOULD HAVE RESPONDED OR DONE AN EXPOSE' LONG BEFORE THIS.

• De
    DeadMI Feb 07, 2012

Went through their stuff for 6+ months. Countless paperwork and bank statements. Bank forclosed on the property.

Their website is down and will no longer respond to emails as of 12/21/2011. BBB now rates them as a "F". I will not be getting my money back. Key contacts here were Paula Ramanauskas, Lissa Fradet, and Jeffrey Perkowski. Owner is Mr. Nick Ritts.

Google: home mortgage negotiator complaints

BBB site:

I would suggest doing a small claim against any and all participants.

I would also suggest going directly through banks and stay away from any form of "negotiator" unless you know them personally. These firms seem to collect and fax your stuff to the banks which is what you can do. Save your money.

• Da
    dawn1964 Mar 14, 2012

Wow, just got off the phone with Brad Patrick about my loan modification that they have supposedly been working on since Sept. 2011. Not behind on my house payments just wanted to extend the term of the loan because my house is totally underwater probably 50% of value from a few years ago and lower the interest rate. Was sold the bill of goods "your situation will be easy and take 3 months time". Well, it is now March, 2012 and still have no modification. Was initially working with L. Purpura who left the company. Then Paula last name starts with a R who no longer works for the company. Now, my new contact is T. Purpura. Really it is not like the last name is Smith. Bottom Line: according to Brad there has been so much work done on my case when I inquired about a refund. Seriously, spoke to my bank and in the notes I have spoke to the bank more often since Sept. 2011 than HMN has. I was told that HMN would contact me when my file was updated by the bank. BUYER BEWARE!!

• Ig
    I GOT PUNKED! Jun 23, 2012

DO NOT FEED THE MONSTER!!! THIS HMN IS A SCAM!!! They have a high turnover rate as far as their employees go. No one knows what the hell is going on there. They will not refund your money ($1500), nor any portion of it, and they will cause you to lose your home. But not before they try to give you the run around, and try to con you into letting them buy/rent your house back to you. Their so called attorney will not attend any mediation meetings between you and the mortgage company, due to some B.S. story they gave me. You are better off getting a real estate attorney who is qualified to handle your mortgage problem (short sale, mortgage negotiation, etc.). You will be out of $1500 either way., but at least you will have someone qualified to negotiate on your behalf. Also the State Attorney General's Office would like to hear from anyone who has been scammed by these guys - they can be contacted via internet. By filing a complaint against this company with the State of Michigan, an investigation will take place. They are slow as the dickens, but they will eventually get back to you. It's time these con artists are exposed for all to see. I believe Charlie LeDuff should sicked on this bogus company.