Hog RoastAwful experience

C

Jason Myers was booked to do a hog roast for our Golden Wedding 22/08.09. We paid a deposit of £100 on 2nd July. day of event arrived and Myers was due to arrive at 2.30.By 4pm i guessed he was not coming.We called him continously but no reply. His girlfriend eventually phoned 24/08/09 to say he had been in an accident which is an excuse he uses regulary.We did eventually get our deposit back after many visits to his house.Nothing can give us that day back and it will probabley be the last big party we will have as we are now well into old age. I just wish he could be stopped from this terrible scam and then others will not suffer the trauma we did.

Chris Clewes Nov 24, 2009

If anyone is looking for Jason Myers he can be found at 17 Kirkett Avenue, Higher Kinnerton, CH4 9BN, PC Mike Riley is dealing with him email [email protected], or call north wales police on [protected].

• On
    onewhocares Dec 04, 2009

I own a hog roast company in the South, this man also stole a hog roast machine he hired from a friend of mine for nearly a year claiming that the HSE had impounded it after an accident, they proved to the police that this wasn't the case and was forced to return it after being caught using it at an event. He then rang me asking to hire one of my machines but fortunatly I knew who he was. This man is an evil crook and a complete disgrace to the catering community as a whole!!!

SHAME ON YOU JASON MYERS, MAY YOU SUFFER FOR YOUR SINNS!!!

• Sh
    shandy spencer Jun 10, 2010

Hi All that have fallen foul of "Jason Myers"

This individual must owe money all over the country, I had trusted him, even to the extent of cashing one of his worthless cheques. Needless to say he is a bad lot...

I have taken him to court in Portsmouth where he was operating last year, and I have obtained a warrant of execution via Portsmouth County Court. Unfortunately he seems to me a move ahead each time the bailiff attends his address.

Thanks to Chris Clewes for producing a recent address and the police officer dealing with what I presume to be many complaints.

Shandy Spencer

• Pe
    Peter Stuart Oct 10, 2010

Jason Myers, Jamie Myers, Jay Myers, and his accomplice Claire Irvine have been scamming couples and individuals for at least a couple of years. Many have reported Myers and Irvine to the police as I have also. There does not seem to be any interest by the Police to investigate, so that leaves Civil Enforcement or Trial by Media.
    I put Myers mug shot on my website [ Google Myers The Hog Roast Company] in the hope that people might check his name out, may did in 2009, many didn’t in 2011.
    I spoke to the BBC Rouge Traders and BBC Watchdog last year but I got the impression that he may have escaped their Trial by Media and subsequent Slaughter, possible because not enough people complained.
    There is no doubt that this [censor] Myers and his accomplice Claire Irvine will pop up again and again. Fortunately it’s not easy to change your name or open up an bank account under a false name. Myers must be running out of banks to use !!!
    A simple rule to follow is that if it’s too good to be true, it usually is.
    With more and more Tupperware, warm up, and hatchback caterers popping up all over the country its a bit of a lottery as to whether or not you get scammed.
    Here are some simple rules to follow:-
    1. Only pay a deposit with a Credit or Debit Card.
    2. Don’t send a deposit cheque unless you are convinced they are okay
    3. Never pay by PayPal, Myers uses PayPal
    4. Don’t do business with people that use answer phones.
    5. Ask to go around to their commercial unit to see if they exist.
    6. Ask to come and inspect their meat storage refrigeration facilities.
    7. If they don’t have a fridge van they are operating illegally.
    8. Ignore fancy websites, they can be purchased cheaply and often contain other bona fide caterers text and photographs.
    If all else fails give me a call, I might be able to help. You can get hold of me via my Contact Us page.

Charmaine 1234 Apr 13, 2011

I too have been scammed by Mr Myers and his partner in crime. He was booked to supply a hog roast for my wedding in 2010. He has taken a lot of money from me and I am very keen and interested to get it back! I have been to the police and was told it was a civil matter and that they weren't interested. I have also had a 'friend' visit him at other addresses... again to no avail as he was always 'out'. I have also spoken to Rogue Traders and Watchdog all who have listened but fobbed me off. I have submitted court papers via the county court and once again these have been returned as 'not known'. The man is a spineless coward and would ask anyone who has any information to please contact me: [email protected] lets hope people start to take notice and stop employing this conman.

• Sh
    shandy spencer Apr 14, 2011

JASON "RIP OFF" MYERS
    I fail to understand why the Police, Rogue Traders or Watchdog are not doing more to bring this person to book. He has taken money from so many people all over the country, brought so much misery to decent honest families who trusted him.
    As one of his victims I know first hand how devious he can be, as do many other people living in the Portsmouth area where he was once operating.
    Perhaps the local newspapers would be interested in taking this case on board, Jason Myers activities effect local residents and readers... may be worth a try. It should be possible for Trading Standards based in Myers area to contact their counterparts in other areas where Myers has ripped people off in order to get a real feel for the extent of his deceptions.
    Surely with enough supporting history against this person, Rouge Traders etc would show an interest. Or why don't we simply book him for an event and all be there with the media to tackle him. In any event we need more feedback from anyone who knows Myers to build our case against him.
    Does anyone have an accurate address for Myers????????????????? Would be useful.
    Shandy Spencer