HLD Grant Help OrderUnauthorized charge

S

I purchased a grant cd from dri grant funding source and i got charged $3. 95 from another company called hld grant help orders.com, i never authorized this charge.
Apparently these two companies work together.
I cancelled any membership i may have with dri grant funding source (Yes i did get a confirmation #) but i tried to call hld grant help order and no one answers the phone and there is no answering machine. . .
I'm extremely concerned they will put through another unauthorized charge !!!
Can somebody help me please???

• Re
    Reggie pitts Dec 03, 2009

I need to cancel my account...I didn't knoW that it was going to take money from me every month...I was missled.

• Li
    linda Alexander Jul 17, 2009

My situation is the same as the others, I had 3 drafts to come from my account that I did not authorize for 3/2009, 4/2009, 5/2009 and $70.00 overdraft fee for two of those months and I need my money. I called customer service several times and the representative Eugene finally told me to contact the company, that he was advised they were doing fraudulent activities to peoples account. I had to cancel my card, last #9604. What can be done to get my money back? L. Alexander

• Wi
    Will May 21, 2009

Unfortunately the same thing happened to me, Rule number 1, if you want to get back your money stop asking Grant help for it back, the consumer is protected and you must exersize your rights by following these instructions. It worked for me and should work for you.
    Write down any contact that you have made with Grant Help in regards to a refund, don't waste your time duplicating your cancelation on thier site, but please try it only for the purpose of record keeping to show that you have tried to get your refund but I asure you it will not work nor will you get an automated response by e mail as indicated. The purpose of this scheme is to establish a vendor repoire with you that can be disputed by Grant help. Time is the only thing you have on your side use it wisely. Contact your card provider and dispute the charges make sure if they give you a fax # to submit claim to that you request a mailing adress in conjuntion just in case you can't find a fax machine. Your card provider should provide you with individual claim numbers for each occurence be sure to jot these down, now try the following format in your response to creditor, It worked for me and I'm sure it will work for you.

Attn: J. P. Morgan / EFS Claims Unit
    Fax #(813) 432-####
    *Account # 96############

The following information is being provided in regards to fraudulent claims on the account *noted prior

Called customer service of Grant Help on 3/22/09 at [protected] in regards to charge of $74.95
    Transaction dated 2/23 09, I was apologized to and informed that I would receive a refund in 5-7 business days and also informed to go to website Granthelporder.com and cancel a subscription that I was not aware of or nor did I ever authorize on my account. After approximately 8 days 3/23/2009 I again called to inquire about my refund status.
    I was given refund reference numbers by Grant Help and promised that they would close this unsolicited account and send refund. Their reference numbers are as follows #[protected] and [protected], note that the cycling of account statements will verify time frame (and I hope will not be used to predetermine or establish vendor recurrence or interaction) and validate statement
    Called Grant help again on 4/15/2009 and informed of computer error and delay in processing refund .
    After calling Grant help again on 5/14/2009 I was informed by a friendly sales associate to contact my card company for they had no intention of refunding my money.

I ____________________________________________________________________ account holder confirm that the following charges have not been authorized by myself nor made on my accord or by anyone in my household.

And charges are requested to be handled as such fraudulent. I request a charge-back be initiated in regards to these account charges, the following dates and info are being provided to expedite such action .

2/23/2009 -$74.95 Grant help order claims #09#########
    3/23/2009 -$74.95 Grant help order claims #09#########
    3/26/2009 -$29.95 Grant newspn866 claims #09########
    4/23/2009 -$29.95 Grant news claims #09#########

If any additional information is need please feel free to contact me at 1(607)###-####

Thank you in advance for your time in this matter,

Your name

Be sure to sign your document it certifies the legality of your statements
    Good luck!

By the way please check your statements close for charges from Myfitness and Vital Google Media for these companies work in conjuntion with grant help and cancel that card and ask for a replacement one.

JACKY Apr 27, 2009

I have called these people (HLD Grant Helper) four times and cancelled. I just tried calling five minutes ago and WHAT DO YA KNOW!! It rings once and then silence. I tried 3 times with the same result. First time I spoke to someone back in Febuary, they said my "bogus acct" was cancelled and I would get a refund. The second time I called, they said that the manager would take care of it and they are just the call center for the "business". I hope someone out there catches them. It is hard to make ends meet these days as it is without people out there taking money from hard working people without their knowledge or authorization.

• Pa
    Pam Apr 27, 2009

Same here. We recieved the cd but could not open it. now two charges which I have disputed both and informed the credit card company of the scam. I also tried to call the company did not get anyone. I have called our government representative that deals with scams and turned inn the information. Hopefully these thieves will be stopped.

• Ba
    bassett Apr 24, 2009

I was charged $74.95 today by HLD Grants we called [protected], it took us awhile to actually get throught to someone, and I also got hung up on, but I'm persistent so when I got through they said everything would be cancelled and my account would be refunded in 7-10 working days. I will let you know if and when I recieve the money.

• Ge
    Geoserv Apr 23, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I bought their CD which is not really usefull to begin with. When I checked my bank statement I found a charge for $74.95. After several tries I finally got through to them and they said I would be issued a refund within 12 days. That remains to be seen. I queried about why the charge and was told that there was 30 day trial period after getting the CD and that I was charged for future services. Pretty sleazy tactics. Apparently they operate out of a boiler room as the background din was unbelievable. I canceled the card I used immediatly so there could be no future withdrawls. I will keep my fingers crossed for the refund but I won't hold my breath ( I don't look good purple).

Anna Apr 20, 2009

Call the Wyoming Attorney General's office [protected]). They have gotten a lot of complaints and are building a case against them. The more complaints, the stronger the case. I know this doesn't get your money back, but I hope it helps.

mademymark Apr 19, 2009

I rec'd 2 charges of $74.95 as well as 2 charges for the CD for $3.95.

• Da
    dana pepperday Apr 18, 2009

extra charges on my credit card i did not authorize

ch luke Apr 18, 2009

I spoke with American Express, they said they put an inquiry in to the vendor that charged the card and if they get no response they watch for any future charges from them, they also refunded all the unauthorised $ 74.95 charges

• Le
    Lee Barbknecht Apr 15, 2009

I AGREE, I was charges 4 times($54.95 ea.)to my BANK AMERICA card.Plus $3.95 for CD I never received. We need to work with our credit card issueing source to get charge removed.

• Ms
    Ms. T Apr 06, 2009

I orderd the same grantwirting cd gt it one does not work and the other crashed my computer i paid $1.95 for the cd and ended up being charged 74.95 for something i didn't give them perrmission to debit from my account. i think this is outrageous these companies are all pretty frandulent and should be stopped. it's outrageous that they say these are grants from the president and they probably have nothing to do with him at all their just using the picture to lure people in yes everbody wants to know how to get a little but never expect to get ripped off I am pissed I am a single parent and live paycheck to paycheck so I don't appreciate people stealing from my children and I

• Cy
    CYNTHIA Apr 06, 2009

THEY STOLE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AS WELL AND I WANT IT BACK
    75.00
    HOW DO WE GET OUT MONEY BACK ? IT WAS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR THEM TO TAKE.
    NOW THEY DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE NOR CAN YOU E-MAIL THEM

• Ar
    A Ruiz Apr 03, 2009

Reading Janey Gibson Jordan's complaint was like reading my own. The exact same thing happened to me and I also cancelled my card. I did write them a letter stating that the charges on my account were unauthorized and that I am expecting to see a credit by the next billing cycle. I also stated in the letter that any and all charges would be disputed and declined. I have not heard from them but as you all are aware, none of their phone numbers seem to work. I am printing everyone's complaints and sending the copy to my credit card company with the hopes they will be able to pursue some type of action to prevent this scam from continuing.

JAMES Mar 31, 2009

WE ALSO HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF, SAME CIRCUMSTANCES. WE ARE HAVING CREDIT CARD COMPANY PUT A HOLD ON ALL CHARGES. CALLED THE PHONE # TO THESE PEOPLE AND GOT AN ANSWERING MACHINE. HOW CAN SO MANY PEOPLE GET RIPPED OFF AND NOBODY IS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT?

Janey Gibson Jordan Mar 30, 2009

I ordered the FREE Grant Secrets and agreed to pay
    $3.95 S&H. Someone called me and tried to get me
    to agree to pay 5 to 10 thousand dollars for their
    personal assistance in getting a grant. I said phooey!
    Do you think I'm crazy? The $3.95 showed up on my
    credit card right away. eventually I got the CD.
    The next month (today) I got my statement with
    two unauthorized charges; $74.95 to HDL and
    another charge of 29.95 to someplace in TX. I
    called my card and they are giving me a new card
    and new number. I tried calling HDL and got an
    answering machine. This is criminal behavior
    and they should be stopped.

• Lo
    Louann Ostrander Mar 30, 2009

I too had money taken from my account from hld, i never heard of them, and i do not know how they were able to do that. I am upset, there are so many scams on line, i have also lost money thru working on line too, why doesn't someone do something? Isn't there any regulations regarding this? The internet should put some in place, this is wrong,. Taking money from poor unsuspecting people, who can ill afford it, i am angry and upset, and i will disput the charge, hopefully i will be absolved, be careful out there. I think so much of what is on linee is a scam. I think it is time some one does something. Thank you.

• Be
    beth424 Mar 27, 2009

Same thing happened to us...how can people sleep at night knowing they are scamming us?? I couldn't get anywhere with any of their contact numbers so I contacted my bank and they are taking care of the situation for me. I will post an update so that you all can obtain the necessary resources too.

• Gr
    Gregory Morgan Mar 26, 2009

I Purchased a CD from HLD Grant Help Order and was supposed to be charged $3.95 only for Grant Information. Instead I was charged an additional $74.95 on my credit card that was not authorized twice. The phone # on my statement is invalid I believe. I could not make contact with this company. Can you assist me in this manner? I call the 1-888 number and no one answered. The number is [protected] and it rings for ever which to me means this whole thing is a scam. Please some one help me get this cancelled.

Greg

• Ed
    edgar Mar 25, 2009

Yeah I had the same proble, so has anyone found a contact number or a way to contact them and try to get the money back comehow? This is ridiculous!

• Qa
    qag Mar 23, 2009

Same thing happend to us but I didn't catch it until this month so we got charged $74.95 Feb and March. What a scam.

antho54 Mar 15, 2009

YES happened to me too grantwrittingexpress, com helped themselves to $74.95 via ATM somwhere in the U.S.
    Got the free CD though but it was blank, i called the number [protected] and nobody is ever there .
    I think we all should stick together and try to reach them with a class Action suit of theft and fraud.
    Find how to reach them let know

[email protected]

• Pa
    patricia Mar 13, 2009

I also was charge 74.95 on my account, when the company was only suppose to charge me 1.95. I tried to contact the [protected] number, but i didn't get an answer. I feel something should be done to this company for ripping people off.

• Li
    Lis Mar 11, 2009

The same happened to me. I just discovered a charge of $ 74 on my statement. I have no idea what this would be for.
    I have not tried to reach the company yet.
    Will get back to this site if I have more information.

• Ke
    kelly Mar 09, 2009

Times are already tough enough without having to get scammed out of our money.

• Ke
    kelly Mar 09, 2009

I did too. Thankfully i check my bank account often online and cought it before it was taken out. You also need to call [protected] if the charge is from reg.net (regnetord) and cancel the trial subscription and they say they will refund your money.

• Be
    Betty J Dickerson Mar 09, 2009

I ordered "free" cd to help write for grants never received CD and an additional 74.95 was taken out of my bank account . I need my money back .

• Ta
    Tasha Mar 09, 2009

I Want to now why i never recieved the cd and they still charged the 74.95 and i was only suppose to pay 3.95

sandra mathews Mar 06, 2009

I found site to cancell ordermyfitness.com

• Am
    Amy Lou Mar 06, 2009

I have also been scamed as of today I checked my bank account on-line and found a charge for$74.95 that I didn't authorize. When I called the phone number that they supply as a contact [protected] the Toll Free Directory answered. So I went to my bank and there complaint dept. tried to contact them only to have the exact problem that I had, the bank was able to find a # for them but got a recording stating to "Call back during regular buisness hours", but didn't give those buisness hours. I went ahead and had the bank distroy my debit card and reinstate me a new one that will take 7 to 10 buisness days to get my new card. The bank funds recovery dept. can only help me after this amount of $74.95 posts to my account, and then they can try to recover my funds. There's no telling if I'll ever see that $ again or not but I would suggest that everyone that got Scamed to go to your bank and cancel your card you charged this on or credit card company so that you will not recieve any more charges. We must all remember to check out anything that we order to make sure the company is legitimate. I also had a charge from MyFittness.com for $29.95 they said they did buisness with the Grant Co. and refunded my $ when I told them I never recieved my C.D. or any service. Also always get a confermation #.

• Co
    COB66 Mar 05, 2009

I also was charged 3.95 for Grant Information and have an additional 74.95 on my credit card that was not authorized. Have not seen my statement but look at my statement online. Please let me know if there's a valid number I can reach them.

• Al
    Alex Moreno Mar 05, 2009

I was supposed to be charged $1.95 only for Grant Information. Instead I was charged an additional $74.95 on my credit card that was not authorized. The phone # on my statement is invalid I believe. I could not make contact with this company.

Sally Hoyt Mar 04, 2009

I was supposed to be charged $3.95 only for Grant Information. Instead I was charged an additional $74.95 on my credit card that was not authorized. The phone # on my statement is invalid I believe. I could not make contact with this company. Can you assist me in this manner?