Historic AuctionsFRAUD - NEVER PAY MY MONEY

S

Historic Auctions - FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!
First time I consigned with this company my items. Auction ended on Augus 27th 2009. According to my contract I supposed to be paid in 15 days. Today is November 4th 2009 and I did not recieve ANY money yet. I have been calling them every day and Shannon and Bred Wells - I believe only 2 people works there - they were telling me terrible stories how they were sick, busy, mailed check already 2 times but both of that times it got lost, that they are going to mail it again tomorrow... Being tired from the 'BS' they are telling me I am posting this complaint, open a case with my lower, and posting video on Youtube about big scam - "Historic Auction". The video link will be posted later.
NEVER EVER CONSIGN WITH HOSTORIC AUCTION

• Ba
    baseball24 Dec 02, 2009

I have never had a problem with them, they have been great to me.

• Ya
    yankeeclipper27 Feb 03, 2010

i have consigned several pieces to Historic over the last couple years and never had any problems. i live near their office in Florida and have been there in person. maybe that helps. there are at least a dozen people working there who are all very courteous to me each time. hopefully your stories are isolated incidents. i would certainly recommend Historic Auctions to anyone looking to either consign or buy quality memorabilia.

• Mr
    Mr.Pick Feb 19, 2010

I as well have consigned several items to them over the past years without issues. They are a great company with great staff. Its hard to take someone seriously with such accusations when they cant even spell.

anonymous74 Jan 27, 2011

I am guessing that the 3 comments in response to this complaint were filed by Historic Auctions staff as this company has a terrible reputation in the industry. I know of a number of individuals who are in the same situation as the poster above and am aware of pending lawsuits against Brad Wells and Historic Auctions. The most despicable action by Brad was his exploitation of a Florida collector who was terminally ill and has since passed away. The following article paints an inaccurate picture of Brad considering that the collector and his family have not seen a cent of funds supposedly raised in the collector's name: http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/article1002415.ece. Brad and Historic Auctions represent the very worst of this industry.

• Ra
    Rays Fan14 May 03, 2011

Without a doubt, Historic Auctions is the very dark side of the hobby. They also owe me money and/or merchandise and have never responded to numerous emails or phone calls. Now, all of their phone numbers are no longer in service, so I have to assume they have skipped out and/or shut it down. If this company should every appear again, I strongly suggest that you "run away as fast as you can". -Rays Fan

• Lv
    LV-Robert Jan 09, 2012

The story of fraud is probably accurate. I have also been told that a check was 'lost' and reissued, only to get 'lost' AGAIN. It has been three years since they 'lost' the first check. Historic owes me about $355 for over 3 years now and has also 'lost' some of my items. If they are still alive, it won't be for long.

• Ux
    Uxbridge Apr 29, 2013

Brad travelled to my home in Uxbridge Ontario and went through all of my late husband's vast collection of sportscards. He took about $10, 000. worth of materials with him and I have never heard from him since. Is there any kind of a class action suit I can join?
    Patricia Kerford