Hilton HonorsCustomer Service

2 Review updated:

Hilton Honors was very rude, nasty, and unhepful when trying to "resolve" a disaster my husband and I had on our wedding anniversary trip to San Antonio. First, Homewood Suites on the San Antonio riverwalk tried to commit fraud in charging our credit card after we checked out an hour after we arrived due to a number of infractions. 1) They did not honor our reservation 2) the room was filthy 3) the plumbing was backed up with no remedy in sight 4) the front desk staff went beyond indifference to rudeness and gross unprofessionalism. That attitude extended to the manager--who Hilton Honors sided with--even though he was trying to commit a felony. I had to contact my credit card company who were ready to pounce as soon as they tried to make a charge. I had to contact the BBB, and I contacted HHonors. They seemed helpful at first, but quickly turned ugly when they discovered that I had reported that manager to my credit card company, the BBB, and the San Antonio board of tourism. Hilton Honors knew that the manager gave me my money back because he had to. They were, initially, apologetic. Then, without me asking for a thing, they offered a free stay at another Homewood through a voucher. They soon after revoked it saying "you already got your 100% guarantee." This was clearly after they knew that the manager gave me my money back. They made no apologies, in fact they were rude. The BBB, Hilton Honors, and the tourism board sided with the manager for whatever reason--even though he committed a crime and harrassed us for weeks afterwards. It seems as though the world is turning upside down.

• Ro
    Rosalind pettis Oct 07, 2019

I called today to make a reservation. The lady that was on the phone with me received all of my information and went to check on a discount. I was on the phone 29 mins and the phone shut down. After being on hold she did have my name, contact number and explained that she would give me a call back. I have worked in customer service for a major company here in Huntsville for twenty years and this was poor customer service, unacceptable, and not easy to do business with.

Thanks
    Rosalind Pettis
    [protected]

• Fr
    FrederickLane82 Dec 27, 2019

Good evening Hilton Corporate Office,

I truly shy away from writing complaints and sorry for the late complaint submission. However, on 18 December 2019, roughly around 11pm, my family and I arrived at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina (1881 SE 17th Street Ft. Lauderdale FL 33316) from a Houston flight to begin our Wedding Cruise (Carnival Cruise Sunrise).

On this night, I arrived earlier than the person who booked the reservation (Krysta Hensley, Daughter – Confirmation #[protected]) and proceeded to check into our room after a long flight. I was then told by the Desk Attendant that the card use by the person (Krysta Hensley) with the Reservation was declined. I stated “Seriously?” and the Hotel Desk Attendant stated “Yes”. On the sense of urgency, I stated could I use my card to pay for the rooms. The Hotel Attendant stated “No”, there were no rooms available and he could recommend another hotel.

My family and I waited in the lobby until Krysta arrived in a different vehicle, so we could clarify this situation. Upon her arrival, the Hotel Desk Attendant said the same thing “Your card declined, and we cannot honor your reservation and all rooms were booked.” Krysta stated to him “There’s no way, because my card has plenty of available credit”. The Hotel Desk Agent stated again, “No rooms are available, and I can recommend another hotel”.

It was late and we all were frustrated and exhausted due to the late travel and called another hotel. We incurred a higher rate due to the late reservations of 3 rooms. Not to mention, additional cost to travel to another hotel.

Another one of our family members (Valerie Brown) arrived on 18 December 2019 shortly after my immediate family at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, same hotel (1881 SE 17th Street Ft. Lauderdale FL 33316) from a Houston flight to begin our Wedding Cruise (Carnival Cruise Sunrise). She was told the same information by the Hotel Desk Attendant “Her card had decline and that he could not honor her reservation”. She told him to hold while she contacts Hilton Honors about this mix up. The Hilton Desk Attendant to her to “Hold On” that he has some rooms available and he could honor her reservation. He reserved her room without any further hesitation.

Later the next morning we meet with all our family members and explained our hotel experience to find out more rooms were available and we (Krysta reservations) were ignored.

I reviewed the Hilton Reservation Policy:
    Arrival Time: Your reservations will be held until local hotel hold time. To hold the room beyond the local hotel, hold time, a credit card guarantee of payment must be received at the hotel prior to designated hold time. For reservations confirmed from countries where local regulations prohibit guarantees to a credit card, payment by check in the currency of the country which the hotel is located, for at least one night, must be received by the hotel for the room to be held for arrival beyond the local hotel hold time. Rooms may not be available until after the reserved hotel's designated check-in time. Occupancy prior to check-in time on the date of the reservation cannot be confirmed unless the hotel has availability and payment for the previous night is received by the hotel prior to arrival either by credit card accepted by the hotel or a deposit by check.

Krysta Hensley was in contact with Demi, a Hilton Honors Representative and advise her of our late arrival due to our plane delay. She stated fine, no problem and will notify the hotel of our delay. After our encounter with Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel Desk Agent, she replied “that I was in contact with you the entire time and your reservation should not have been cancelled”. Furthermore, there are rooms available and don’t see why your reservation could be not be honored. Also, that she will have her Manager reach out to us for details of our experience (I have text messages, if required).

Our Cruise began 19 December and was limited of phone service on the cruise ship. So, the Manager may have contacted us, but we were in the middle of the ocean and couldn’t receive service. My family and I was completely shock, frustrated of this last-minute change and found that this change was a complete hoax. We truly believe that we were racially and financially profiled, slandered in character and embarrassed by this false claim. I’m an Army Veteran, who served more than 26 years of honorable service, held a prestigious title, currently serve in a governmental capacity and been a Hilton Honors Member for an extremely long time. I’m just asking to investigate this situation and undo a false claim.

Your help is truly grateful, and this is not the Customer Service expected of an admired organization. I appreciate any help in this matter and thank you.

Frederick Lane