Herbal Tech SupportUnauthorized charges

J

I have been subjected to a SCAM!! I ordered a diet product that represented that it would cause weight loss by cleaning out the colon. It was a free offer. Of course, somewhere in the fine print it stated that one had to pay if you did not return the item within a certain amount of days. So, when I decided to respond that I was not going to use the product, I was told that the trial period had passed and that I would have to pay $89.95. The products came in two separate envelopes. Included in the second envelope were a berry pill and a bottle of diet pills (never mentioned in this colon cleansing advertisement).

When my charge account bill arrived I had two amounts on the bill. The $89.95 which I had resigned myself to pay...and wonder of wonders another bill for $82.31. I called the phone number next to the amount and asked the Herbaltechsupport.com what this bill was for. They said it was for the "herbs" they had sent me. However, when I called the colon cleansing number to tell them that I was not going to use their product and wondered what the second envelope was all about, they said they were no longer associated with that company. I asked for an address and they said they did not have one (for the second mailing). I subsequently got their adress through my bill, when I called the phone number.

I told the second company that I had no intention of paying the $82.31 that I had been charged. I did not order from that company...however, they had my address and all my information. They said I ordered their materials when I ordered the colon cleansing materials.

The Herbaltechsupport.com, is located at 180 West Westfield Avenue, Roselle Park, New Jersey 07204. I learned that from the man I spoke to on the phone, who was upset with me because I was upset. (My colon was in an uproar!!)

Sandra Maxey May 20, 2009

I only asked for free sample and paying shipping and they charged my account $81.00

mari09 May 20, 2009

the same thing happened to me but i was charged 42 some i just spoke with my banker its fraud im so scarred ...

• Ju
    Judy May 22, 2009

I work for a law firm and cannot believe this happened to me. I am 68 years old, have never ordered anything like this off the Internet, and am appauled at the attitudes of my credit card company, as well as acai-pure.com and herbaltechsupport.com.
    I intend to talk with the Fraud and Complain department of the State of Illinois next.

My story is close to all the rest: based upon alleged support and pictures of Rachel Ray and Oprah, I believed this to be an honest ad. Instead, in late March, 2009, I authorized use of my credit care to accept a charge of $3.05 shipping and handling for a Free, No Risk sample of Acai-Pure.com. As a former nurse, I realize that more people are taking this as a supplement and a dietary product. As our hours are cut back due to the economy, I could not afford the supplement cost in a regular nutrition store, so though I could try it for $3.95.

I did receive a sample, plus some other herbal junk they sent with it. I tood 2 pills, cancelled my order via the confirmation number, threw the confirmation sheet away, and threw the pills away. I thought I was through with it.

Then on 5/20 I received my credit card bill which indicated "they" had sent me $82.00+ of supply on 4/20. I did not receive anything at any time around 4/20. However, yesterday 5/21 UPS Ground Service delivered an envelop with a bottle of Acai-Pure (not just a sample) and some other junk for dieting. There is no legtimate return address on the package -- I checked with UPS -- and there was nothing inside the mailer which gave instructions as to where or how to return the stuff for credit to my charge account. I thought I had already cancelled everything as instructed in the original information posted on the internet.

My credit card company told me there was nothing they could do about it because I authorized the original shipping of $3.95. I intend to cancel that credit card too. I thought they were there to help this type of thing from occurring. I don't want to hurt my good credit rating, so I have no alternative but to pay this month's bill and then cancel the card.

I am a very trusting and honest person, and I usualoy try not to be judgmental in life's experiences, but I am very saddened that there are people in the world who continue to commit frauds against the public in general.

• Be
    Beverly Jun 01, 2009

I in no way authorized these people to take any money except $3.95 shipping and handling from my account. I will be contacting authorities and find out what legal action I can take. This type of thing must be stopped. They have screwed up my checking account and HerbalTech will be paying all my fees and expenses. You pepole should be shut down. I have cancelled my credit card so that you cannot ROB me again. I hope that others will read this complaint board before ordering your products. When I do get my "FREE TRIAL" in the mail I will be trashing it.

• Di
    DistressedBride Jun 07, 2009

They charged me 82.31, I decided to try it out of desperation as a Bride who'd love to look good in her Wedding Gown! this is unbelieveable! I was NEVER told there was a statute of limitation on cancellation of order. I'm now overdrafted, and still need a few things for my Wedding!!! PLEASE Ladies, don't DO NOT try these people, they LIE and they're tech support is AWFUL! They get frickin NASTY as Hell with that!

• Le
    ler Jul 15, 2009

They charged my Visa an unauthorized amount of $82.00

• He
    Herbal Tech Support.com Aug 17, 2009

What a scam...I returned first package and cancelled
    as per their money back garantee, in turn they sent
    me another month supply that I returned, at that time
    they charged me for a 2nd time, then hit my account
    for a 3rd charge. These herbal items are not what they
    say. I could have made a big donation to a food bank.
    FRAUD...SCAM
    Mrs. Henderson

• Ni
    nicole howard Sep 23, 2009

Herbaltechsupport.com is a joke!!! HUGE SCAM!! They should be forced to shut down, I ordered the free trial, then a few weeks later recieved a UPS order with more acai garbage, they charged my account 82.31 told me to return it to get my money back. NOPE no money back so they have their product and my money. I would love to be able to tell them exactly what i think if i could get past their customer service reps, conveniently no records can prove they credited my account.
    BS Im so furious, please nobody get BSed by them