help me downloadrip off

C

i am being charged £9.88 from this company and i cant stop the payment coming out each month as the phone number my bank has got does not exist. can someone please help me out cause my bank are saying i have to phone the people who are taking it out of my bank.

so any other number other than [protected] would be appreciated
you can contact me by email [protected]@hotmail.co.uk

• Fr
    Francis Richards Jul 31, 2008

I attempted to get support for AVG 7.5 and was directed to this site. They charged me for an upgrade service that I did not need (AVG 8 is supported and free). My credit card is now showing £8.99 per month. Keep in touch through this site.
    They appear to be connected with CNET.

• Cw
    Cwilso Mar 31, 2009

The Exact same thing has happened to me I was directed from the AVG site and they have caharged me £80.67. I have contacted my bank and they said they cannot refund, but said that they will refund any future payments taken. so it might be worth contacting your bank.

• De
    denise shanahan Apr 10, 2009

please stop charging me for a service i am not recieving and that was supposed to be a once off payment i will take legal action if it continues

sparkly Apr 12, 2009

I have the same problem got me for US$100, i told them to credit my account so just waiting to hear, and got the bank to issue me a new credit card number so they can't keep doing it. Good luck all

• Ca
    campvic Apr 22, 2009

This also happened to me. I contacted the bank and talked with someone in that company they apologized and said they would refund the money but this never happened. Now they reappeared and I'm having the same problem. Someone needs to take a look at this.

• Er
    eray Apr 23, 2009

i was all so directed from the avg site and charged £80.67p and again the next month with £14.97. I had to cancell my cridit card to stop the payment from coming out .I have been trying to ring [protected] but have had no luck.The additional information my bank give me was. The merchant provides billing support for a variety of internet vendors and merchants.what ever that means

Martyn May 11, 2009

I agree. I have just phoned [protected] and I believe got the payment stopped. I have been charged £80.67, and then it would have been £14.97 per month

sarah May 11, 2009

They are continuing to take money from a credit card without agreement

• Ke
    Ken May 13, 2009

I also paid 80.67 and then all of a sudden for the past 3 months have been charged an additional 14.97...

An investigation needs to be launched for false advertising by AVG...

• Da
    Dave May 14, 2009

Yes i agree i downloaded SKYPE and was redirected to this ###. as soon as i found what had happened i sent an email to cancel it however £74.49 came out of my bank. I got the money back and stopped the £14.97 coming out. 2 month later the £74.49 as come out again. I have called this ### and all they can say is that i have to cancel within 7 days so what happened to the email i sent them canceling it. I carnt get no sense out of this ### at all. An investigation has to be set up against HELPMEDOWNLOAD . COM now so im going to talk to WATCHDOG today all on this forum should do the same. Dont blame AVG or SKYPE its helpmedownload.

• Ka
    Karen May 21, 2009

argh I've been caught as well same as Ken- my bank are investigating it but I doubt i will get any money back. I know you say don't blame AVG but it was the only way to download AVG. I am really annoyed as I have had to stop my debit card to stop them taking any more!

• Ha
    harry Jun 04, 2009

I too feel I have been ripped off by this company. It took several credit card statements before I saw the 14.97 monthly fee I was being charged for a service I don't remember signing up for. I think it statrted when I got my first MP3 player in December. The service rep I talked to today to 'disengage' from HelpMeDownload was frustratingly helpful as it was obvious that English was not her native tongue. I wish I knew to what agency I could make a complaint about this rip-off group.

Sparkly Jun 09, 2009

Well, being a victim as well, I read this with interest. Just emailed them to see if they are in fact sincere in trying to resolve these issues.
    I'll let you know

sparkly Jun 10, 2009

SUCCESS!!! Believe it or not they say they've issued a credit, I guess I'll wait till its actually there before cracking the champagne, but they did get back to me straight away with the refund, no questions asked so here's hoping

helpmedownload.com Jun 11, 2009

Hello Sparkly,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. It is good to know that you were able to reach us via email and good to know also that the issue was resolved. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. If you have questions or concerns again, you can contact us again through our Toll Free Number:
    AU Phone Support [protected]
    Our Web-Chat is also available 24/7. Just go to this website: www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com.
    Or you can send an email to [protected]@helpmedownload.com.

Regards,

Helpmedownload.com

sparkly Jun 22, 2009

Yes, my credit came through, so I suggest everyone else with issues have another go at getting them resolved

helpmedownload.com Jun 22, 2009

Hi sparkly,

It's nice to hear that your issue was resolved. This will set as a good example that you can reach us and we can resolve any issues regarding the charges and any technical concern. If you do have questions you can reach us either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

AU Phone Support [protected]

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: www.onlinechat.helpmedownload.com for online chat support. Or you can send an email to [protected]@helpmedownload.com

• Se
    Sean P.O'Curbale Jul 02, 2009

This is a Scam/RIP-OF/OPERATION---HELPMEDOWNLOAD.COM IS A FRAUDULENT OUTFIT------KEEP WELL AWAY. SEAN P.O;CURBALE. [protected]@gmail.com

helpmedownload.com Jul 03, 2009

Hello Sean,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. I have checked your record on our system and what I have found out, you have reached us through our Web-Chat and the your issue was resolved. You requested to cancel the monthly charge which is for Updates and New Releases and we have done that for you. I assure you that you will no longer receive any charge from us since it is cancelled last June 14, 2009.

If you still have questions and clarifications, you can always contact us through our Web-Chat. Or you can reach through our Toll Free Number
    AU Phone Support [protected]
    Or you can send us an email to [protected]@helpmedownload.com.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    helpmedownload.com

• Su
    Susied Jul 09, 2009

I was downloading Avast and it asked me if I wanted to download the full Avast which included 12month tech support I got €47.00 deducted from my account. You are a fraud company and I am taking my matter to the Gardai, in efforts to get people like you to shut down your site and ripping people off.

helpmedownload.com Jul 10, 2009

Hi Susied,

I have read your complaint about our company. I apologize for the inconvenience. I just want to make this clear that we are not a scam.

Some customers are not well informed about the services that we offer. We are doing this to settle issue like this one. To better explain this issue, you can call us anytime. I have provided toll free number below.

• Je
    jean-sebastien gadbois Jul 18, 2009

You debit 9.58 us dollars on my debitcard without my concentment. why?

helpmedownload.com Jul 18, 2009

Hello Jean-Sebastien Gadbois,

I am a customer service representative of helpmedownload.com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and for your negative experience. Regarding this, we are more than happy to resolve your issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

• Dr
    dragonlen Sep 09, 2009

I had the same thing happen with a download of Open Office and they automatically signed me up fo an update service at $9.88 per month plus a 33.85 dollar charge for the download. I called my credit card company and had the charges voided. I also called helpme download and told them I wasn't paying anymore and they cancelled my account and said they would refund any monies charged to me. This is just one huge scam.

[protected]@rogers.com

• Ba
    Baz1980 Sep 22, 2009

Guys and gals,

I emailed the above email address, and got a reply the following day, and after just 4 days i have had 5 months of £14.95 paid back into my account .. result

It appears that it is a scam through Limewire and not HELP ME DOWNLOAD

Regards

Baz

Martha Failing Oct 18, 2009

I had no idea I was downloading this product and would not have downloaded if I had known. I am annoyed that this happened. Martha Failing

• Ke
    Keith Berry Oct 27, 2009

I sent a subscription of £28.oo to Limewire last September 08 so I could download music to my PC.
    This stopped in April this year and couldn't log on to their site. Every month since then I have been charged £9.88 for so called technicle help that I haven't recieved.
    I just called the UK support team on [protected] and managed to get the last 3 payments back and for the charges to be cancelled. I will see on my next bank statement if they are true to their word, I boubt it some how.
    Keith Berry

• We
    well-ard Dec 17, 2009

I got scammed too

• Ta
    Tararua Feb 25, 2010

I tried unsuccessfully to download Open Office, 4 days later helpmedownload took £39.82 came out of my credie card account. Called them on [protected]. Finally they agreed to refund but wanted £5 to process refund!!! Now have agreed to full refund. Will let you know what happens.

• Jf
    J-Fer Mar 23, 2010

The program never download to my computer and then I called to get a refund and they charged me $9.99 to refund my money! WTF!

• Jf
    J-Fer Mar 23, 2010

The program never downloaded so I called for a refund and they charged me $9.99 to refund my money. I thought I was downloading from Microsoft and I hate businesses like this that maek you think they are the real thing...what a scam! Businesses like this should be shut down!

androy Mar 23, 2010

I tried to download Open Office and got caught by helpmedowload. I thought Sun was charging me £9.+ for the download but helpmedownload took £75.+ from my account. The bank says it can't help. The firm itself sasys it will refund the money but having read the other contributions I doubt this. It is absolutely disgraceful that this sort of scam can succeed. Are not the site owners in some way to blame for allowing 'helpmedownload' to muscle in ?

help_me_download Mar 23, 2010

Hello Androy,

I am a customer service representative of HelpMeDownload.Com. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Regarding the charges that you got, we will be more than happy to resolve the issue either via web chat below, or email, or calling our toll free number.

AU Phone Support [protected]

Web-chat is now available! You can visit the website: helpmedownload.com for online chat support.

angrycustomersue May 22, 2010

If you do not stop taking money out of my account then i will take legal action, i was led to believe that this was a one of payment i waited for a few moths to see if it would stop but no, it continues. As i said before if this does not cease then i will be forced to take action,
    thank you.

angrycustomersue May 22, 2010

They are taking money out of my account i do not use it if you do not stop i am going taking legal action!

saud albawi May 23, 2010

sir I am from kuwait and I was scamed and fraud by a bank in spain LOTO winer, and I have all the document .
    my name : saud albawi
    e.mail : [protected]@hotmail.com

• Th
    thunderbolt Jul 21, 2010

from thunderbolt,
    I too got scammed by help me download.com by downloading open office. I thought the 33.85 was a one time charge, but I got billed 9.88 for two months and just today was finally able to get through on a phone line, they said it would be cancelled but is my card safe now that the numbers are in the hands of thieves? It's always a scam when they hide the fact that there is a monthly charge and they bill you through your bank account. So many people got charged and still nothing is done about all the money they have stolen from us. I'm reporting this %$#@ right now and changing banks.

• Ri
    Richardoliver Sep 27, 2010

I need to stop the £9.88 draining out of my credit card every month but I'm worried that phoning their 'Support' will turn out to be a premium rate .. hang on, just noticed that they say the numbers are 'toll free'. Think best for now is to e-mail them instructing them to stop charging and to let my credit card provider know that I don't consent to any further monies being debited.

SandraMc Oct 18, 2010

Why do you keep posting a telephone number that we cannot get throught to. I downloaded microsoft live mail, which doesn't work in April from Free Download Zone that cost me a membership fee of £39.82 and have just noticed that I am being charged £9.88 a month since. It is coming out by debit transaction instead of Direct Debit so I can't stop it. I have tried ringing the number which just keeps replaying the same message and doesn't put you through to anyone. I have also tried the web chat which doesn't seem to work so I have contacted my bank and all they said they could do is fill in a visa debit dispute form & hope something happens or close my bank account & open a new one. I don't see why i should have to close an account I've had for over 10years because of this company. I do not recall agreeing to any monthly charges. I just want to cancel the account and hopefully get the £100 odd refunded.

• Br
    broken down old roofer Oct 24, 2010

everytime i click om download a page pops up wanting me to upgrade service for 14.99. i would just like the service for which i paid 19.99. has anyone gotten what they wanted as far as a download?