Health MemberFraudulently Charged Credit Cards

J Review updated:

I reported Health Member to the FBI!

My credit card has been fraudulently charged. I did not purchase from this company EVER, nor have I ever contacted them, I didn't even know who they were until I saw it on my statement.

I got a charge on my account for $7 and would not provide any confirmation that they would return the money they fraudulantly stole out of my account. I spoke to the supervisor tracy #290 and she stated that she would not email me a confirmation nor provide me with the name of her supervisor or the CEO. It is for the company Comprehensive Weight Loss, which I have never contacted, never ordered nor ever heard of until I had a charge taken out of my account.

tony 659 stated she closed my account, which I never opened!

• L
      Aug 21, 2009

Consumers all across America are being charged $7.14 for "Health Member". Most consumers also report being charged $3.24 in July 2009 for "VH Access" and have ordered a trial of DazzleWhite tooth whitener at one time over the internet. Consumers should call [protected] to cancel and complain.
    Consumers should also contact their Card Issuer (or bank/Credit Union) and report the activity to the Fraud Department. Complaints can also be filed with their local BBB- Better Business Bureau, local Police Department Fraud Unit, the State Attorney General in the consumer's state and the Attorney General for the State of New York at their website.

• M
      Aug 25, 2009

There is a message from "Sharon R" who is apparently from Dazzle White. She is apologizing and stating that they will give a full refund. I just called Health Member and they would only refund half the charge. Also, to get the VH Access charge cancelled or refunded you have to call a different phone number. They are two different companies. I can't speak for anyone else but I have received no products for either of these companies and am not sure how they can get away with this. I returned my Dazzle White and that was cancelled but I was never informed of these other "subscriptions". This should be illegal.

• G
      Aug 26, 2009

fraudulent credit card charges,

this company is also charging my credit card also and the same amount as tony mentioned,
    I called the number listed with my credit card company and it seems that this company phone number does not exist.
    i hve asked my credit card company to cancel the card just for this purpose.

• D
      Aug 26, 2009

how does one get in contact with this company...i just noticed this charge coming up on my card...what number did you call

• B
      Aug 29, 2009

There is no one picking up at htat number on the statement [protected] and you cannot leave a message. I called my card company and reported it as fraud, they will credit me and do the investigating.

• C
      Aug 30, 2009
    Health Member - false charge and no notifaction of application
    health member

You all need to cancel as soon as possible! they constantly charge with out notifications! they steal money by taping in to other forms of products online that you buy and it's never in there intrests to notify you so they can take your money out of your account ! making you have to watch your account and have to cancel over the phone! there should be a law against the theft they pull on the tie they try to pull off other products with out notification to gat money!

• F
      Aug 31, 2009
    Heath Member/DazzleWhite
    California

About two months ago I ordered a trial of tooth whitener from Dazzle White after seeing an ad on CNN.com. I cancelled after receiving and not being satisfied with the product. I paid less than $10 for the shipping/handling by debit card and nothing for the product itself.

This past week I saw an unauthorized charge on the same account by "Health Member." I have learned by reading other complaints that this company is associated with my previous trial run of the DazzleWhite product. I did place any type of order that would be associated with this charge, it's just random.

I'm calling my credit union tomorrow to alert them and I cancelled my "membership" with some woman over the phone named "Shante'" who assured me I will get a refund and will not be charged in the future. She gave me a "cancellation number."

• L
      Sep 02, 2009
    Health Member - Scam artists
    Health Member/

Don't get involved with Dazzle White or Dentech or Health Member and I am sure the list goes on.
    When you purchase a sample, they sign you up as a member into a lot of various "wellness' clubs. They then charge your credit card little fees over time for these "memberships" because evidently there is FINE PRINT that is very, very, fine because I didn't see it.
    I tried to call the phone # associated with the transaction on my Pay Pal account and it was disconnected. I did find a number here listed in one of the many complaints that directed me to a working #. I lashed out at the young woman receptionist and felt bad after wards. I told her what a scam outfit she was employed by and how she should find a reputable firm to work with. I also told her that I hoped that someone was at least able to eat on the 7.14 cents that was fraudulently deducted from my account. I know it is hard times out there, but not so hard that honest money can't be found. It was hard for me to come by the 7.14, but i would have rather given it to a homeless man for what ever he needed than to a company posing as legitimate.

BEWARE!

• A
      Sep 14, 2009

Same thing has happened to me, this company is getting rich by ripping people off. DO NOT ORDER DAZZLE WHITE OR THE DIET PRODUCTS.

I ordered the Dazzle and was automatically signed up for 2 other products.

Just called today and cancelled all my memberships that I didn’t sign up for so hopefully I’ll stop getting charges.

Dazzle White [protected]
    VH Access/Well Club Fitness [protected]
    Health Member [protected]

• F
      Sep 16, 2009
    Health Member - direct debit from credit card
    health member

i thought i was getting a free sampl and ended up paying for monthly deliveries of dazel white also unknown to myself this company forwarded my details to other companies and i was paying monthly subscribtions.

• U
      Sep 22, 2009

I agree 100% - only

i tried to call and cancel this subscription but only got some recording saying "Please hold for the next available operator." i was never connected with the next available operator even after waiting approximately 1 hour. Going to try to email my cancelation.

This scam all started from a not-so-free "free sample" from Dazzle White. Hopefully, thiss will be the end of the line - but still wonder how many other scam artists or when this BS rears its ugly head on my credit cards again.

Get away from Dazzle White, White Smile, VH Access, Health Member, & Easy Kits [protected]) as quick as you can - don't lookback just RUN!

• V
      Sep 27, 2009
    Health Member - Helath Member
    Health Member

After ordering a "free sample" from Dazzle White, which I returned after a week, and subsequently cancelling my "subscription", I discovered unauthorized charges on my bank account from Health Member, VH Access, My Dietid.com, Elitepack, Ezykit. I have never heard of these companies and have certainly not ordered anything from them and also not received any of their products.

• V
      Sep 27, 2009
    Health Member

"Health Member" charged my bank account for $7.14 and then again for $0.21; I have no idea what Health Member is, nor have I given authorization for these charges, and I have also not received any products from this company.

• B
      Apr 07, 2010

Scam. Too many problems to list, these ###s thought of everything. It's this decade's version of someone who beats up little old ladies for their social security checks.

Maylynne, you and your company should be ashamed. Get a real job.

• T
      Aug 17, 2011
    Health Member

Health member is a company linked to "whitesmile". Following a "free sample" from whitesmile my details were given to health member and they debited money from my account. Details have since been cancelled with both companies and now looking for recompense.