HCG Ultra LeanUnauthorized Money from Bank

J

I bought on a free trial basis 2 products HCG Ultra Lean and Acai Ultra Lean now because I bought both at the same time from ther same company it is reasonable to say one account was opened delivery charge was £2.99 each. I ordered these items on 30/11/11 and they both arrived in the same box on the 4thDec 2011 . I changed my mind and canceled the future order on the 7th Dec 2011 by email.I recieved an email back from them on the 12 Dec 2011 offering me 50% discount if I continue but I refused this with a return email same day then on the 15th Dec they sent an email confirming the account closed. In the meantime they took £74.95 on the 13th Dec and £44.98 on the 22 Dec 2011 total £119.73. I did not notice this till Jan 14th when I got my bank statement. I contacted HGC Ultra Lean by email on Sun 15th Jan and got no reply I phoned on Tues 17th and was told that there was 2 accounts one for each item and one had been cancelled on the 15th Dec 2011 and the most they would refund would be 50%. I have thought about this and have realised that theyt have dragged their heels in replying so that it takes you over the 14 day trail period. The company even though they knew on the 7th Dec 2011 that I did not want to do any more business, continued to take money out of my account and would probibly have had more on the second item account that I did not realise I had, if it had not been for the Bank changing my card mid December because my old one was cracked. Please help me get the rest of my money back. Or at least let the honest hard working poeple of this country keep their hard earned wages from money grabbing scasmmers like this.
Finally this is a copy of the email they sent me on 15th Dec ." As requested, we have canceled your account with today's date, 12/15/11. Please note that you will still be receiving any product that we have already shipped out, but you will not incur future charges. You will be receiving an automatic cancellation confirmation e-mail from our system within the next 12-24 hours We hope that you continue to use our product you’ve received as we are confident you will see the results you desire. If at any point in the future you change your mind and would like to resubscribe, please contact us and we will gladly reinstate you into our program at a 50% recurring monthly discount." No word about 2 accounts BEWARE

• Da
    danny82 Mar 22, 2013

folks you s all should of read the terms and conditions. it states clearly that if supplements are not cancelled with in 12 days of the free trial further supplements will be sent and charged to card holder. i ordered my free trial and cancelled by phone 2 days later and had no problem

• Tr
    TrevH Jun 08, 2012

I managed to get through to them on the phone today on the third go after being on hold for 25 mins. They said they had debited my credit card with a further £99.95! However, it hasn't appeared on my online statement yet and I had asked my credit card company not to pass any payments from them.When I said that there had been nothing to indicate that I would be sent future supplies and charged at the point of sale, the robber said it was very clear on their website and I had accepted their terms and conditions by placing my order! I asked him to send me a copy of my online order and he said he could not do this. He said that they would cancel the order and not send any further supplies but I would have to pay for the ones sent. I continued to say that I was not prepared to pay and would report them to trading standards. He put me on hold for a while and came back and said that they would allow me to return the goods at my own cost and reimburse the cost retaining 15% for "restocking". He said I would have to tell my credit card company that we had resolved the problem so they could reimburse me. I'm not sure about this however. Now I have to wait till next week to get a return code, post back the goods by registered mail and then ring 6 days later to confirm that they are making the refund. What a total bunch of crooks!!! Anyone know who to address a complaint to at the Daily telegraph?

• Mo
    Montgomery-Lee Jun 08, 2012

Guys, it is possible for a full refund. What you need to do is talk directly to the company, and mention a few following things. Like how you're not settling for them to pay you back your refund in slimming products, or a 50% refund. I just spent an hour talking to them, take it up with their manager, and keep saying that you want your FULL REFUND. They charged me 70 quid twice, and I just found out about it today.

If they STILL have the audacity to find an alternative to giving your money back, tell them about the Strathclyde police virus present on their website, and tell them that they are responsible for scamming people and that you are willing to take it up with higher authorities. Don't stop until they agree for a full refund, and even then get them to tell you your REFUND CODE and the name of the person who dealt with you. The REFUND CODE will allow you to deal the bull by the horns if they refuse acknowledgement that they offered a full refund. Get them to cancel your monthly enrolment, which all of you are currently subscribed to if you haven't cancelled within the first 14 days. Blacklist them with your card companies, so that they can't deduct money ever again. The harsher you talk to them, the more likely you are to receive a FULL REFUND.

Trust me, I had the pleasure to spend a whole day with the scammers, and I've still managed to get all of my money back.

• Bl
    blossompengo Apr 30, 2012

i have just fallen for this today! as soon as i read all these negative comments and realized i was automatically placed on a monthly payment plan i phoned the contact number on the site and asked them if i could cancel strait away. They said i had to wait at least 7 days to cancel so i shall be phoning again next tuesday, but the woman i talked to on the phone said that if i cancel next week then i should not be charged anything more than the postage. I hope this is true. but if anyone else has been lucky enough to cancel before more money was taken please let me no so i can put my mind at rest. seriously panicking right now!

• Lo
    louise wolstenholme Apr 26, 2012

I AM SO ANGRY!!!
    The thieft of my hard earned cash by a company of ###, I cant believe it, i feel like they have broke into my home and robbed me, i did what I could to check out this diet, not reoliseing it was the company that i needed to check, I hope other companies read this, these sort of people are the ones who put me off internet shopping, I will only go threw paypal or amazon in the future, now for the battle to get my money back,

• Tr
    tracy prentice Mar 29, 2012

i chose to take a free months trial for this product, it was stated all i had to pay was postage and packing which was £3.95 sterling, i did this with my debit card details and shortly after received the product through the posti mid february, did not agree to enter into any other monthly subscription but i have received my bank statement and noticed that an unauthorised payment has been taken from my account on the 8/3/12 for the amount of £63.95, this was not agreed by any means and to boot no further products have been sent, so they take payment and dont even send the products, i suspect this may be a on going monthly subscription which i never agreed, i will be speaking to my bank for advice on this matter.

• Tt
    tthanushan Mar 28, 2012

the same thing happened to me...
    i live in london and i did order the trial veriosn of the HCG Ultra Lean which costs £5.99. after that I forgot about it dud to other commitments for further 3 months.
    After that I've lost a lot of money from my bank account and I've received around another 3 bottles. I was so suspicious about the 3 extra bottles from the 1 that i previously ordered so I went on to check on my bank statement and found out that I was being charged;
    £5.99, £74.95, £74.95, £74.95, £74.95... this is one of the biggest internet scams by this company...
    I want to get my money back, and have to close down this company as soon as possible... does any1 know how to claim back my money please.

anony1 Mar 23, 2012

DONT GIVE UP GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK - I GOT A FULL REFUND!
    I too was a mug falling for this scam. On impulse I paid Just over five pounds for both the ultra-lean and a pure life. There was no indication on the website of any other tie-ins. I didn't notice till six weeks later they had taken four more payments out of my account - Two for £62.95 and two for £63.95. That was over £250 I felt utterly sick and so angry. I contacted my credit card company and informed them of the situation telling them not to let any more money go to this company. I then rang the company on this number: [protected] and spoke to a woman and demanded my money back. She kept repeating that it was written in the terms and conditions. But I kept repeating myself that there was no clear indication when buying their products that there would be any additional tie-ins at phenomenal costs. She then offered me half my money back. I refused and said I wanted all my money back and I persisted and persisted telling them that I was returning all the products by recorded delivery (I had not used even the original ones for £5) And argued if they had all their products back they could not keep my money . I also told them my bank knew about this I would be going immediately to Consumer Direct if they did not agree to return my money. She agreed to refund my money and wrote an e-mail to me saying I would not receive it for 24 hours. I thought this was bogus. I contacted Consumer Direct explained the situation and they told me I had been caught up in a known scam. They said to e-mail the company cancelling any contract I had and tell them I was returning their products by recorded delivery and they had agreed to refund my money.
    If it is any help to anyone - the 3 e-mail addresses I wrote to are: [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected], . I was stunned when I received an e-mail that evening. They asked for the reference numbers of the original e-mail they sent to me. I immediately sent them this information expecting to hear no more. The next day I received two e-mails saying they would refund my money in the next few days. I didn't for one minute believethem. BUT I was absolutely stunned to check my credit card balance two days later and find THEY HAVE REFUNDED ALL MY MONEY!!!
    So don't give up - be really persistant and dont let them fob you off. Return any goods by recorded delivery regardless of them saying it's part of their customer service for you to keep them and Good luck!

• Nj
    njeremibe Mar 11, 2012

SERIOUSLY AM IN A DEEP ###, I STUPIDLY ORDER THE SO CALLED HCG ULTRAL LEAN JUST FOR A FREE TRIAL WITH MY HUSBAND DEBT CARD AS THEY SAID THE CHARG IS FOR SHIP THE ITEAM TO MY ADRESS, OF WHICH I HAVE NOT USE COS I WAS BREASTFEEDING THEN. INFACT I HAVE FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT, TILL ON THE 3RD OF MARCH 2012 MY HUSBAND WAS SO MAD AT ME, ASKING ME WHY AND WHAT DID I ORDER ONLINE THAT COST £ 80, WAS COMFUSED, TOLD HIM NOTHING, TILL FOUR DAYS LATER I GOT A DELIVERY PACK, LOL AND BEHOLD IS HCG ULTRAL LEAN... RIGHT NOW AM SO DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT COS I DON'T THINK I NEED IT AND BESIDES IT HAS NO LEAFLET WITH COS NORMALLY EVERY MEDICATION COMES WITH LEAFLET SO AS YOU TO READ THE DIRECTION AND INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO TAKE THEM, THE SIDE EFFECT IF ANY.

• Ca
    CazC Mar 08, 2012

I cancelled my account a day too late for the £74.95 deduction. I phoned their number - [protected] - and had to be very assertive and insistent. have just been offered a 50% refund, I'll wait to see when and if that happens. I feel sorry for the poor staff in the call centre, who probably spend all day dealing with angry customers and get paid peanuts for it.

CTHB Mar 08, 2012

They are not respponding to emails, I've been trying for ages now and am getting no replys... 'Catherineatko' hope you have better luck, if you do maybe you can put something on here...

• Ca
    catherineatko Mar 06, 2012

I just noticed 2 payments of same price as everyone else's. Just phoned bank & they are sending me a form to cancel future payments. I can't believe how they sucker you in. 5 quid has turned into 160. I am so angry. I'm emailing them ASAP.

• Ph
    phill connor Mar 05, 2012

what a joke this is a major scam i had to ring america to cancel this product a £5.99 trial cost me a small fortune dont get involved with hcg

Ant M Mar 05, 2012

My wife signed up to the same scam...now £63.95 and £62.95 taken out...have raised a dispute with my bank, they say I will get the money back?...

Andyngaby Mar 02, 2012

further to last I have just checked bank and have received 50% refund on the purchase, also got e-mails saying that orders have been cancelled. Still don't trust this, we'll see

CTHB Mar 02, 2012

I phoned that number on Tuesday and the refund still hasn't happened, I think I am going to have to put it down to. experience, quite an expensive experience at 74.95 plus original p&p and returning the product to them...

• Mi
    mia240289 Mar 02, 2012

i have walked into the same scam they offered me the 50% off but no refund as i hadnt cancelled within 15 days. i cant find the small print that states that either. they have however stated they would cancel the product so i wont be recieveing anymore. it was a surprise to go to the bank today and find myself short both payments for something i thought was free. i ph9oned my bank and got given phone numbers for them hgc ultralean number is [protected] and colon cleanse is [protected] hope this helps anybody needing to cancel as u wont have to wait for emails as theyb can do this instantly.

• Fi
    Fiona**L** Mar 02, 2012

I am in the same situation as Andy and Gaby, I signed up for the FREE TRIAL and have now been charged £63.95 and £62.95. I telephoned them and was told you had to cancel within 30 DAYS which I had done but they offered me 50% discount as well. Can anyone tell me if they have received their money back ???? I am now going to go to the bank to cancel the money coming from that account. I am so angry and like others feel stupid for falling for this scam. I would also like to know if anyone lost weight with them. I lost 1lb in 4 weeks ! ! ! !

Andyngaby Feb 29, 2012

My wife also has walked into this scam.I found out today that two payments of £63.95 and £62.95 had been taken from our account. Like the rest she thought it was a free trial. I contacted the company to be told that they never give free goods and that we had 12 days to cancel. They have agreed a 50% refund in the next 4/5 days plus ending the order . I went to the Bank who tell me that ''if you use a Debit card'' there is little they can do as we have given someone permission to take money from our account. The only way to be sure would be to close the account totally. I now wait to see if the promised refund will appear. Still looking for the small print about 12 days. Beware and use only credit cards for unknown on line purchases.

• Li
    Liz Burns Feb 29, 2012

i to bought 1 purelife colon cleanse at £3.00 and then another arrive 3 weeks later then when i got my credit card bill i was charge £68.76 twice is this legal or what. Isure hope no more lands on my door. I am now on the way to the bank to inform my bank to stop this company from taking any more money from me. On the down side i have lost now weight what so ever so i now where the rest of these so called wonder tablets are going.

CTHB Feb 28, 2012

Has anyone every got their money back from this company? I am still waiting and was told today it takes 7 - 10 banking days for a refund to come into your bank??????
    I stupidly ordered the 'free samples' which have turned out to be not so free after all, as I had to pay to return them as I did not use them and that was only way I was going to get my refund which still hasnt happened. Sounds exactly the same as Jimmy Wrights experience. Something really needs to be done about companies like this. I have considered going to the press, but would hate to go public for being silly enough to want to buy slimming products from the internet. This company even managed to put statements onto my facebook page 3 times saying that I had lost over a stone ????? !!!

Anonymous1_4_U Feb 19, 2012

THEIR ADDRESS ON THE DELIVERY LABEL IS ONLY A DISTRIBUTION WAREHOUSE IN SCOTLAND:
    Revitalise Health and Beauty,
    PO Box 13583,
    Linlithgow,
    West Lothian,
    EH49 9AP.
    If you did not email them and cancel within the 12 day trial period, you may have to put the matter down to experience. However, it is important that you immediately cancel each item by emailing them at the address/es they sent you with your initial email confirmation or they will continue billing you. I have enclosed the ones they sent me for your assistance and you will need your original order number details which will be on your original email confirmation.
    [email protected]
    You could also try complaining to Consumer Direct. Please make sure that after you have notified the company of your cancellation that you immediately contact your bank or card provider to stop further unauthorised payments. Hope this helps.

• Af
    AFUADANSOA Feb 17, 2012

same here order my free trail and now i have been chareged 68.76 and 74.95 pls help if anyone has there number or address pls.they are THEIFS

Anonymous1_4_U Jan 26, 2012

I ordered the products mentioned. Please note the site appears to be a scam and advertising is misleading.
    The product is not as described. If you have ordered and received goods, please ensure you cancel well within the 12 days as it takes up to 48 hours for emails to be answered. Make sure that you make them aware that you wish to cancel each individual item. If you pay by Credit Card, contact your card provider's CRS dept. They will want to know when you cancelled and they will ensure any subsequent payment requests if processed are immediately refunded to your account. If you paid by Debit card you will have to speak to your bank.
    DO NOT rely on the cancellation received from the company as you may still get billed as this appears to be a dodgy company to deal with. Be careful if checking on-line scam blogs about HCG Ultralean as I did and encountered a Strathclyde police virus which is also a scam to get money out of people. Be Very, Very Careful.

Anonymous1_4_U Jan 26, 2012

I ordered the products mentioned. Please note the site is a scam and misleading.