Hard Drives NorthwestDissatisfied

D

Very dissatisfied regarding a service contract. I took in my Dell computer, which had "clicked off" and wouldn't reboot. I asked for a diagnosis and options. The serviceman said it would be about 24 hours, so a day later I called. Got put on hold for over 5 minutes, hung up and called back. The same guy had simply forgotten me. He left to talk with the tech and, after several more minutes came back and said my computer had been "burning in" for 18 hours, but that nothing had shown up yet. He said it was running fine, and that it would be another half hour. I called back over an hour later, got another tech (or manager) who, with an excesive amount of attitude, said that they were trying to get it to replicate my experience. I asked how long that might take and the guy, again with a lot of attitude, said "however long it takes". He said it could be a few minutes, could be days. I simply went over to get the computer and when I asked to have it back, the guy at the desk laughed in my face. He went and got it, then started explaining that it was probably something in my home power, an outlet, surge protector, ground, etc. Why then did he expect it to recreate itself in his store? The overall impression was a combination of arrogance, rudeness and incompetence. It would have been easy to simply say that the computer started right up, was running fine, and that they could let it run for awhile to see if it recreates your problem, or you can come pick it up and try a few suggestions, such as where you plug it in, etc. Being laughed at, lost on hold with no apology, treated rudely and given what appears to be the run-around adds up to a totally bad experience.