Harbour Home ImprovementsScam and cheating

In August of 2007 I contacted Harbour Home Improvements for some work to be done to my house. There were 2 contracts drawn up at a total cost of $13, 700.00 and approximately 10-14 weeks to complete both contracts. Funds were not available so the one contract was modified but the 2nd. contract, for Impact windows on my Florida room were to be done in 10-12 weeks. A man came on September 18 to get measurements and that was the last I saw anyone. I did have contact with their office up till November 20 which was the last day of the 12 week period and I was told that approximate was basically, open ended. I mentioned to the office manager why they went behind my back to the credit agency attempting to get my credit line increased without my knowledge or approval. She said it was their right to do so. On December 19, I filed Breach of Contract in County small claims court in an attempt to get my $5000.00 deposit returned.

The Plam Beach County Sheriff's Office attempted 5 times to serve them but come to find out, they left town without anyway to find them. I went to court anyway on March 13, 2008 and still, they didn't show up.