Happy Acres RestaurantGene strikes again

I have heard many many rumors about what has happened to the previous managers at the restaurant (kim and carol or sue I think).
Kim was an awesome manager and cook and I would love to know where she is now. She had a great staff at the restaurant too. I was in there recently and was told that she robbed the place blind and they have no clue as to where she is. Something about a divorce and some kind of breakdown...I am finding this very very hard to believe. I would follow her to whatever restaurant she went to. She was friendly and a genuine person and her staff was great. When we were in there we had dinner there...WOW!!! is Kim and her staff ever gone. The food was mediokre at most and the blonde waitress was anything but friendly. We will never go back. We tols a man by the name of Scott about our meal and he said no one else ever complained and that it is done the same way all the time. If anyone has any info I would love to know what happened to Kim. Whatever happened to the liquor license...c'mon folks eight months...I never heard of it taking that long unless there is a conviction of some kind on a certain persons record. HMMMMM has Gene done it again !!!

• St
    Steve Jenkins Jun 02, 2013

I have also witnessed Gene yelling at folks at the campground. He seems to be a very unstable individual, possibly has a drinking problem. He does make lots of promises but does not deliver. It is truly a shame because the area is so beautiful. Maybe one day a stable individual will take ownership of the campground and restaurant.

• Bl
    blushingladybug Jul 06, 2011

First of all Gene Feerrar is not the person people think he is, I have been in the restaurant to eat several times when Vicki had the business I have seen Gene yelling and harrassing the employees, He even treatned them that if they didnt serve him he would make sure they would lose thier jobs.I have seen him chasing down customers in the parking lot if they had any compliants about the resort.I have witnessed his wife yelling at Vicki in the parking cursing at her.So no Gene is not a very nice person.After doing a bit of research it has come to the attention of several people that Gene files a Police report after everyone leaves the restaurant stating they stole several thousand dollars worth of equipment and files on his insurance in my day that is called INSURANCE FRAUD!!!And filing a FALSE POLICE REPORT but he thinks he is getting away with that.I feel for the new people who took over the business although they are really nice it wont be long before Gene treats them like he does everyone else and they will be gone and accused of theft too.I will never go back into that place or stay at the resort ever again!

• Bl
    bluesteel87 Jan 06, 2011

To whom ever wrote all of these comments and complaints, Happy Acres Restaurant was taken over under NEW MANAGMENT on Labor Day weekend. It is a family opperated business with home cooked food, nice people and beautiful decore. With its warm and relaxing fire places and beautiful wood work inThey the back dinning area, it is wonderful! The new managers have really made an improvment in the way that restaurant was ran in the past by any of the other people since Charlie let it go. They are working on bringing it back to the way it was or as close as possable. Thank you to all the wonderful people that come and visit us and give us the good name that we are earning by your word of your wonderful excperience at our restaurant!

• Ha
    Happy me Apr 20, 2010

Whomever wrote that comment obviously doesn't know anything about this restuarant. I agree with the comment of check for her in prison!!! Kim was nothing short of a crook and last I heard she had a warrent out for her arrest for stealing from her own brothers restaurant. As for Carol - just ask her what she thinks of Kim after Kim stole thousands of dollars of Carols money and left her hanging. Kims staff was ignorant and most of them were on disability and being paid under the table stealing our tax dollars. She stole from Gene and left him in a terrible bind in the middle of his busy season. The only reason it took so long for the liquor license was because of Kims record - not Gene's!!! But he has rebounded and the restaurant is doing great.

Happy Acres restaurant has re-opened under wonder new management by a woman named Vicky Shirey and has had the liquor license since last September. Gene has done a wonderful job of renovating and updating this building that basically was falling apart. He has invested a lot of time and effort to make this a nice place for all to go and enjoy a meal. Vicky has brought back the steak for two and anytime I have been in there I see happy patrons satisfied with their meals and the prices. I encourage everyone to give it a try. We had the steak for two the other night and it was fabulous.
    If you like Kim Zell and her "wife" Sue don't bother to come to Happy Acres Restuarant - they don't need your business!!!

• Dl
    dlakers Jul 31, 2009

Check for her in prison.