Hamilton Moore " AssociatesScammers

I have recieved a letter today saying i had won the amount of £550.000.00. I would have to send a cheque for the amount of £14, 95...yeah right ha ha... (This being admin charges) then saying this would entitle me to a 8mm south sea shell pearl earrings set on what for it...set on sterling silver posts...If i win anything i dont expect to pay for a cheque...stupid people...why are these people getting away with ripping people of...so Mr Charles Hamilton - controller..(Brill fake name by the way) do one, other words naff off.

marbles May 17, 2008

Got a letter today saying i am sole recipient for £490, 000, 000 some rubbish about jewelery and that i had to reply in 7 days and pay £19.95 for processing to hamilton moore & associates!

mark pinsent May 17, 2008

Wow...so have I. Shall we share, lol.

• Me
    Megan May 17, 2008

I've got one too - actually this is my second chance to lose £19.95!

• Lo
    Lois Hopkins May 17, 2008

I also got one -scam or what?

Elaine Johnson May 17, 2008

Mine just dropped through the letter box saying this is my FINAL notice. How gullible do they think we are??

• Ka
    kate May 17, 2008

thought my luck was in when i read £490, 000. if only it were real!!

• Br
    BRIAN NORRIE May 17, 2008

recceived letter from h m associates you have won £490.000 send £19.95 t o receive your cheque

• Pa
    paul May 17, 2008

got one too, is their someone this can be reported to?

• Es
    Esther May 17, 2008

I have one too, if we had won a prize why would you have to pay to claim it.

Martin May 17, 2008

Same here and I am in UK...

Elaine Blencowe May 17, 2008

Crikey all my troubles were over.. well for all the time it took me to check out this website and confirm my susspicions that it was a scam. They must be doing very well this company to be able to give all of us £490.000.00. Dont think I will bother sending the cheque for £19

• Ga
    gary spelling May 17, 2008

i just got the same through my letter box saying i had won £490, 000.00 and jewellery what a scam .

• Da
    dazmoore May 17, 2008

i, amazungly, am the sole winner of 490, 000, 00!!!damn funny that when theres dozens, prob hundreds of sole winners.and of course dont forget the 19.95!!!wot a scam

• Gi
    Gill Johnson May 17, 2008

I'v just got a letter today. Had my suspicions too thats why I went on the web. If I had really won this money why should I have to pay to get it?

Elaine Blencowe May 17, 2008

I got mine this morning too. Ive decided to mail it back to them in their return envelope with no stamp in the hope that they will have to pay the postage at the other end. I also wrote a little message on it too but I cant post what I said on here.

• Mi
    mike May 17, 2008

Ha ha just got 1 me self.Me going to post the letter back & lets see what happens ha ha.But iam going to keep the 19 quid.

john paling May 17, 2008

received letter 17/5/08 at 8:00am ordered f430 at 9:00am checked this website at 9:30am cancelled order for f430 at 9:31am

• Sr
    S Reeder May 17, 2008

PS. I live in Northampton, Northants, UK

Elaine Blencowe May 17, 2008

lol thats funny send Ferrari a copy of your letter so they can see that you good for it. Tell them you will pay for the car in June when your cheque arrives.. All that money and they cant send it by next day courrier???

• Di
    Diana Little May 17, 2008

Received a letter at 11am this morning saying I am the sole winner of 490, 000, no registered number on letter and thought hang on a minute this sounds to good to be true. (shaame it wasn't) Searched google and lone behold a SCAM. I just hope the older generation do not fall for this. 19.95 is staying in my purse. Thanks for highlighting this, its a great help.

• Br
    Bruce May 17, 2008

Mail today named me (and it appears several others from this web site) as sole recipients of 490, 000 pounds... just send 'em 19.95 pounds! Some BS about jewelry promotion, I suppose to show legitimacy.

• Ke
    kelly May 17, 2008

Wow, this company must think the public are totaly nuts.. I've sent their back. hoping they will send me the check any way.. don't think that will happen.. These companys should be closed down.there are people out there who will send them £19 not knowing it's a scam..

• Ba
    Barry Williamson May 17, 2008

Agree they should be Prosecuted A.S.A.P!!!

james bird May 17, 2008

WOW! Thought i was in the money! Why am i getting this from Canada? Is it real? Computor says no. Going to write a small message where my card details should go.

• Ev
    evelyn May 17, 2008

Letter saying i had won £490, 000. just send a cheque for £19.00 and the money will be yours. Well do think i was born yesterday. One quick check on google revealed hundreds of complaints about these fraudsters. I put all their paper back in the envelope along with a few other heavy things and posted back to them with no stamp. Bet they pay to get it"" Ha Ha!

Elaine Blencowe May 17, 2008

Excellent if we all return them with no stamp write on envelope postage to be paid by the recipient hopefully they will get a nice bill from the post office thier end. I put a lump off blu tack in with it to add to the weight and hopefully the postage charge to them.. he he he

• Ky
    Kyle May 17, 2008

Just recieved my award what a load of rubbish £19.00 for £490, 000 yeah right !!!

james bird May 17, 2008

Blutack is definately a good idea lol!

• Ju
    june May 17, 2008

I too received a letter stating that I had defiantly won £490, 000 asking for £19.95 but the back states that it is a draw and would not be drawn until 15-02-09 so how could I of won if it hasn't been drawn yet. I will not be drawn into this scam and I hope that the people that receive these letters do the same. The money would be nice but if I had won I should not have to pay for the privilege of winning.

• Ke
    kenneth May 17, 2008

i got 1 today and i am going to send it back to them with a letter saying i will give them the £19.95 when they give me the cheque. i know where they are as i googled maps but couldnot get directions. ken uk

• Aw
    a wright May 17, 2008

I am another sole recipient of A £490, 000 prize, sounds good but why do you have to pay? if its not a scam.

• Gi
    Gill Kelly May 17, 2008

I received my 'win' this morning ..it has been sent back in their envelope along with a dog turd...

Cost of a scheming scam £19.95
    Cost of a 1st class stamp £0.32p

The look on the recipients face receiving the [censored]e... F*****g priceless!

• Aw
    a wright May 17, 2008

Glad I have read other comments, am putting in blu tack as I type,

sandy howe May 17, 2008

Wow Ive just won $490.000.00 House paid for hoilday booked. Which planet do they think I arrive from this morning. They will have to get up a little earlier that me to catch me out with this scam. Thank good for the internet just check it out and the word SCAM jumps out at you. Why would I need to pay to get the money surely they would take it out of the winning when tranfering the money. Posted back the claim form minus the money and afew comments that are unprintable. Suck on the suckers!!!

• Be
    Ben Foley May 17, 2008

I figured they could send me the £490, 000 and then I could in return send them £19.95... i think I would be good for it!

• Fr
    fredsy May 17, 2008

Same as others. Fake cheque (to Surrey, UK). Even though you could ask for a cheque you still had to provide ALL your credit card details. It was addressed to a name which I had made up but was sent to my address.

• Pe
    Peter May 17, 2008

Sent a sample check, saying I'd won £490000, please send £19.95 and credit card details. Obviously a scam. Can nothing be done to prosecute these people. Sadly some people fall for the scam.

sam parsons May 17, 2008

omg thats alot of people who have won £490, 000!
    they must be doin very well.
    i live in a tiny village in devon england

• Ri
    rita pendlebury May 17, 2008

Just received my letter winning £490, 000.00, sending my cousin round to call on the office, she lives in Toronto, I live in London, U.K. Lets see what response we get or if the offices exist.

• Li
    Lisa May 17, 2008

Yes I ripped my letter up straight away, I am no idiot and besides when you win something, you do NOT have to pay, they just send the cheque out recorded delivery and you have to sign for it...I know because I really did win once and I got the cheque without having to send any processing fees...Hope NO ONE fell for this SCAM!